PDA

View Full Version : More custom Firmware Mods

shadowprophet
July 17th, 2006, 12:34
Okay first things first, These have been tested and DO work, I tested them personally. But you must know, That before you may flash a custom firmware tweak you have to unflash any previous custom firmware tweaks With slashers unflasher before you continue!! Its important that you always remember this, Flashing custom firmware on top of already flashed custom firmware does not work And may cause a brick,,SO make absolutely certain to remove any custom firmware tweaks with slashers unflasher before you use these!!

Okay first up is the file cfp0.1.rar This is a nice one here. This is a custom firmware tweak from a coder known as harleyg, This has Much deeper recovery mode options compared to the original POC recovery mode, Including the recovery of certain prx files and the ability to customize your clock speed.Not only do you gain more advanced recovery mode features by hold the r key on psp boot up. But this round you gain the ability to hold the l key to auto load devhook on psp startup as well (provided your devhook folders are named devhook and devhook% prospectively) Remember this firmware tweak comes with a config file that needs edited to your preference in the psp/system folder just like dark alex's

Seconded is the file Recovery.elf.rar This is also from harleyg, What this is, Is just the recovery mode features from the cfpo.1.rar file in case some people didn't want to use harleyg's app, you can add this patch to dark alex's POC custom firmware flasher a gain harleyg's advanced recovery mode options that way :)

And last but not least Is the custom firmware recovery.elf tester By none other then Jasonuk,
This allows you to test a recovery.elf from the root of your memstick to see if its safe before you take the dive into flashing.

Again I can not stress enough Even if you know what your doing, You can brick your psp by trying these, These are firmware tweaks!! Know that you run the risk of bricking your psp By trying these!

Download and try these at your own RISK,
Leave Comments and Feedback Below

Uruz 6
July 17th, 2006, 12:46
Heh these things are amazing, I'm sure a lot of people will find them handy..
For now I'll stick to my custom, no need to recover anything right now.

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 12:51
Very nice i saw this before and didn't know if to trust it or not cause it was on some weird psp site but now i know i can.

emuking
July 17th, 2006, 12:54
i want the new n64 release to come out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!
p.s. sorry for being off topic lol

tophead420
July 17th, 2006, 13:10
yeah itryed this one and a very good rlease i luv the usb mod its soo cool and the auto boot of last opened fw for dev hook now its almost like my psp is a 2.71 very good thing to have and i just figured out the recovery elf needed to be flashed but waht about the scond 1 i flashed the recovery elf 1 but theres a recovery elf 2 does it need to be flashed to and cud sum 1 tell me wat the diferece is between the 2 of them

shadowprophet
July 17th, 2006, 13:40
yeah itryed this one and a very good rlease i luv the usb mod its soo cool and the auto boot of last opened fw for dev hook now its almost like my psp is a 2.71 very good thing to have and i just figured out the recovery elf needed to be flashed but waht about the scond 1 i flashed the recovery elf 1 but theres a recovery elf 2 does it need to be flashed to and cud sum 1 tell me wat the diferece is between the 2 of them
The cfpo one needs nothing, The recovery elf inside it is the very same file that's in the stand alone recovery.elf rar, its only there as an option for people would rather use dark alex's proof of custom firmware concept to flash it with.
I haven't tried the recovery.elf tester, but seeing as its just a file checker and not a flasher I didn't feel it necessary To test

But always make sure before you flash a custom firmware tweak. To unflash anything you have custom flashed before. Custom firmware tweaks don't flash well on top of other custom firmware tweaks.

Tetris999
July 17th, 2006, 13:42
cool but i dont wanna flash a custom firmware again besides what program other than this writes prxs 2 flash?

borgamix123
July 17th, 2006, 13:47
:) men this firmware rocks!!
i love to load 2.71 when i tun on my psp
Keep working like this coders!!

DPyro
July 17th, 2006, 14:17
Can I see a screenshot of the recovery screen?

BL4Z3D247
July 17th, 2006, 14:52
yeh harveyg's mod is awesome, i tried it lastnight :D

jas0nuk
July 17th, 2006, 16:51
harleyg's mod is teh pwn :D

BL4Z3D247
July 17th, 2006, 17:00
harleyg's mod is teh pwn :D
to the 10th power :cool:

scirio
July 17th, 2006, 18:59
So is this one the second custom firmware to be released? I have been away from my PSP for a while and was still using devhook .41 until this morning, 44 now. When I googled it I only came up with the Alex POC one. That makes this #2 right? or am i farther bhind than that? also can i runthis from a 1.5 or do i have to do it from 1.0?

l Zero Fox l
July 17th, 2006, 19:01
Can we see a screenshot please? I want to see the newer functions, cause I already have Dark_Alexs Recovery thing

whitey75
July 17th, 2006, 22:38
Hmmm...I can see this getting real ugly real fast. It's gunna be a little annoying patching the firmware with multiple firmwares weekly. We might want to think about compiling our resources and making a definitive patch.

Great work though boys, keep up the good work!

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 07:05
So is this one the second custom firmware to be released? I have been away from my PSP for a while and was still using devhook .41 until this morning, 44 now. When I googled it I only came up with the Alex POC one. That makes this #2 right? or am i farther bhind than that? also can i runthis from a 1.5 or do i have to do it from 1.0?
yes this is only the second one released im sure more is on its way i hope lol and this is for 1.5 psps only so i wouldnt try it on a 1.00

acn010
July 18th, 2006, 07:08
oh cool!

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 07:44
Whats new:
>> Booting with "HOLD" on goes into configuration and recovery mode.
>> Booting with wlan switch down goes into devhook.
>> Booting with wlan switch up goes into XMB.
>> Booting while holding X will launch the autoboot eboot set in config.txt.
>> Boot manager inside the configuration and recovery mode can return to XMB and devhook.
>> A few more bug fixes.

if your wondering what this is above its the new Custom firmware patch v0.2 by harleyg and i found it on pspupdates(i hate pspupdates btw) i just thought people would like to see this iv tryed it and it does work he has made the wlan swith make it launch devhook last booted fw(wlan in down position) or launch xmb (wlan in up position) hopefully i dont get in trouble for putting this here but i cant help it lol sorry if i am in the wrong here

MasterChafed
July 18th, 2006, 08:42
OMFG, i love this so much. Auto boot to devhook, quick boot and bypass umd load in 1.5, ability to flash with a new eboot if something goes wrong, ability to get rid of the mod itself, and options for future upgrades. I am so happy, i can load 2.71 like it was a regular firmware!! XD

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 09:35
OMFG, i love this so much. Auto boot to devhook, quick boot and bypass umd load in 1.5, ability to flash with a new eboot if something goes wrong, ability to get rid of the mod itself, and options for future upgrades. I am so happy, i can load 2.71 like it was a regular firmware!! XD

that makes to of us wait till you try the new one i posted info on its even better with the wlan switch down an booting my last booted devhook fw its almost llike my psp is a 1.5, 2.5, 2.6, and 2.71 what ever im in the mood for and i also love the recovery mode now thats a very f n good idea cant wait for a newer release already though i have the very newest one already 9 the one i posted info on above) lol :p

edit;; o yeah i was just wondering what the index.dat file is i have no idea

MasterChafed
July 18th, 2006, 10:00
dude, thats the one i am using and i f*ckin love it!!! its like the softmod of psp's. dual booting firmwares, homebrew and the latest games and it doesnt even feel like you are running homebrew to do it. Can't wait to see future plugins. If you look at teh config file in the system folder (i think thats where it is) you can have up to 10 different plugins at once, they are even workng on a umd changer 2.xx -> you know, like devhook does. I am soo happy, cant wait for future updates.

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 10:07
dude, thats the one i am using and i f*ckin love it!!! its like the softmod of psp's. dual booting firmwares, homebrew and the latest games and it doesnt even feel like you are running homebrew to do it. Can't wait to see future plugins. If you look at teh config file in the system folder (i think thats where it is) you can have up to 10 different plugins at once, they are even workng on a umd changer 2.xx -> you know, like devhook does. I am soo happy, cant wait for future updates.

ooo sorry i didnt know you had the newesty one and yeh i luvz it too lol and cud you tell me some of the plugins you have tryed( and where i can get them) becuz im a lil stumped on that part and cud you tell me how theyer set up thanks if you can:D

MasterChafed
July 18th, 2006, 10:33
so far i dont think there are ne. it is just for future expansion, but i am looking forward to them thats 4 sure. What if they could integrate a web browser into it? Also, boot up 1.5 (i love saying that now) and look in your games folder. No more corrupted icons. YAY

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 10:43
so far i dont think there are ne. it is just for future expansion, but i am looking forward to them thats 4 sure. What if they could integrate a web browser into it? Also, boot up 1.5 (i love saying that now) and look in your games folder. No more corrupted icons. YAY

lol, yeah i wasnt sure if there was any yet but the web browser idea sounds good and maybe a file browsing plugin so you can move files and edit the config file( and of course other files) from the xmb that would rock lol

jaws365
July 18th, 2006, 10:44
AH, Devhook 0.44 w/2.71 won´t load, and neither will DAXISO which I assigned to the "x" button. I placed Devhook in "DEVHOOK" and "DEVHOOK%".

Any ideas?

MasterChafed
July 18th, 2006, 10:57
hmm, maybe its cause they are all in capitals. Also, have run 2.71 with devhook yet? Have u used the devhook installer yet? If not you need to do that, then run devhook once. It shoudl work after that.

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 11:00
well it loads fine for me make sure your dkh folder is on the root of the memory stick and all your file are in the right places and it shud work and make sure th fw mode folder is in the correct place and all the editing youe done is correct to

jaws365
July 18th, 2006, 11:08
Horray! I had just forgot to put an .iso file to the ms while Devhook was configured to this mode. All fine now. This proggy rocks!!! First I wanted the Macintosh chime on startup, but this is even better.

Now, it would be cool to have that file to put (or replace)in DH/271 drawer that removes autoboot UMD from emulated FW also.

Thanks for replies, this community is great.

tophead420
July 18th, 2006, 11:23
no problem jaws365 im here to to help if i can lol and i agree it would be nice to have this on 2.71 devhook fw(at least disableing the SCE logo anyway) or any of them for that matter maybe they will figure it out and it will be something to look forward to and good idea by the way lol

Accordion
July 18th, 2006, 18:02
hmm

is it okay to use these with custom backgrounds and themes????
or should i reset all boot pmf, sounds and backgrounds to the original before i run it

i really want to use this now, its like a modchip without the fuss
hooray

im happy to remove the theme, but i will miss the metal gear themed psp, i like the codec boot sound!!!

despoteuodia
July 18th, 2006, 20:53
i was wondering on how to use dev hook and the custom firmwares such as 2.71 so i can use its internet and umd's with 1.5 homebrew also working, how do i install this stuff? please email me if you can help.
i am not a psp newb, i just never used any flash mods or utilities other than the downgrader, but i can follow good instructions, and i dont act noobish. (want proof? I dont have all caps help with a trillion !'s) any way thanks in advance for those who help

my email address is: [email protected]

ps. has any one heard about microsoft's hand held?

tophead420
July 19th, 2006, 06:39
hmm

is it okay to use these with custom backgrounds and themes????
or should i reset all boot pmf, sounds and backgrounds to the original before i run it

i really want to use this now, its like a modchip without the fuss
hooray

im happy to remove the theme, but i will miss the metal gear themed psp, i like the codec boot sound!!!

there have been a few reports on the first mod that its ok to do this with the custom boot sounds and vids but there is still a risk that it could possiby brick it

i was wondering on how to use dev hook and the custom firmwares such as 2.71 so i can use its internet and umd's with 1.5 homebrew also working, how do i install this stuff? please email me if you can help.
i am not a psp newb, i just never used any flash mods or utilities other than the downgrader, but i can follow good instructions, and i dont act noobish. (want proof? I dont have all caps help with a trillion !'s) any way thanks in advance for those who help

my email address is: [email protected]

ps. has any one heard about microsoft's hand held?
ok you need to check out the devhook thread for setting the devhook progam up or referr to the read me file and as far as setting this firmware mod up its very simple and if its installed in the correct spot its almost impossible to brick(but there is always a risk of bricking when flashing your psp) and heres how to set this fw mod up;;download then new release of this firmware mod , .(I suggest formating your mem stickbefore doing this and have your ac adapter pluged in [your charger lol])
inside the file you downloaded there is a psp folder copy it to the root of your memory stick then launch the program and follow the instructions amd if you dont feel comfortable with the way iv told you to set this up just refer to thr readme file and hope your install of this goes well PM me if you need any help at all for anything id be happy to help :D :cool:

cheepohseng
September 22nd, 2006, 20:53
Hi! i'm newbie with my PSP 2.5 just downgraded to 1.5...

i accidentally flash harleyg's and together with Dark_Alex's POC firmware, now my PSP became "partially" bricked, the screen turn off after i reboot, right after SCE logo intro...

can some one help me on this? i miss my lovely PSP so much! i don't hope my PSP to die!!!

now the only thinking is to unflash both of the firmware, can somebody help me on this?

now i'm still able to execute the config.txt, so i decided to execute flasher's unflasher to unflash all the custom firmware that i've accidentally flashed in my ROM, isn't it possible slasher's unflasher can unflash both of the firmeware? or it was just created specially for unflash POC?if yes so hw can i unflash harlyr's cf? My PSP can't run in recovery mode when i keep pressing R...

some body please help!

thank you for rescue me and my PSP