PDA

View Full Version : DS] Problems appear with the handheld's hinges

wraggster
July 17th, 2006, 17:48
Via Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ds/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20060717152110281083&releaseId=200601279233640038)

Last year it was dead pixels but now it seems it's the hinges that are dismaying Nintendo DS owners.

The smaller, sexier version of the dual-screened handheld was only released here last month but many gamers are reporting that cracks have appeared in the hinges that link the top and bottom screens.

Most of the reports have come from Japan and Europe and describe a small fracture appearing on the top screen part, just where it joins the hinge of the bottom screen.

Anyone had problems ?

Atmoshuo
July 17th, 2006, 18:44
i've got a black and a white ds lite .. and i am living in switzerland.. so europe.. thank gawd both of mine are fine at the moment ;)..

the black one already fell on the ground from top of a table onto the wooden floor.. nothing happend luckily... so.. i guess either your lucky or you aren't with your dsl

deviouscontrol
July 17th, 2006, 18:50
Thats not the actual hinge is it? It's the whole middle part that turns. Just cosmetics.

Vivix729
July 17th, 2006, 19:13
I have that crack. No biggie. If it starts getting bigger, I will contact Nintendo.

I know MANY people who are experiencing the issue.

Tanis6909
July 17th, 2006, 19:22
nope, mine is fine...i've only had it for like a month now though, so we shall see....the only problem i've had with mine is when my friend played Kirby Canvas Course, he completely destroyed my touch screen with the sytlus....thank God for screen protectors...i thought he was gonna owe me a DS, but damn, you shoulda seen the guard when i replaced it....it looked like someone took a knife to it

stotheamuel
July 17th, 2006, 19:31
and people say psps suck because of umd drive problems... and ds's are sooo much better :P

!!!!rocky!!!!
July 17th, 2006, 19:37
I am from the US I got my DS on june 11th and it has the crack in the hinge

yeahx
July 17th, 2006, 19:49
got mine on june 9th and just noticed the crack too after I read about it, all the ones Ive seen are in the same place on the left side too.

Junixx
July 17th, 2006, 20:16
Mine is just fine, havent had any problems with it

Mazza
July 17th, 2006, 20:23
and people say psps suck because of umd drive problems... and ds's are sooo much better :P

It's not just the UMD drive problems mate. It's the games available and the return policy for dead pixels and the forced firmware updates. Shall I continue?

Lorestel
July 17th, 2006, 21:05
Gah! I just realized my dsl has the crack. At least it's tiny and hard to see with my dsl being navy blue.

stotheamuel
July 17th, 2006, 21:05
"Last year it was dead pixels but now it seems it's the hinges that are dismaying Nintendo DS owners"

games is an opinion (though i agree)

and there are ways around firmware updates.. i think it makes it more interesting

I'M talking hardware problems

Vegetable
July 17th, 2006, 21:51
It's not just the UMD drive problems mate. It's the games available and the return policy for dead pixels and the forced firmware updates. Shall I continue?

Fanboy fanboy.

Luke314pi
July 18th, 2006, 13:05
Mine was cracked when I got it in the mail. I called nintendo, and they wanted $50 to fix it. I told them I couldn't afford it, so the lady on the phone pushed it through for me for free. Now I am extra careful with mine.

Video_freak
July 18th, 2006, 14:03

ya i know that pisses me off so much.

i love my ds for games, but my psp is better for homebrew, emulators, and multimedia content

Keile
July 18th, 2006, 18:55
I have the crack..so far it isn't anything too bad, nothing some glue wont fix, and since i used Flashme, my warrenty went bye bye, unless i flash it with the one that puts the health and saftey....thay may not realize that it was altered at all...

GeEkPiE
July 18th, 2006, 19:25
does this little crack honistly matter,

does it really affect u that much, i mean if the product does what it sais on the box thats fine with me.

i think people are just looking for bad points to the DS.

honistly, grow up!