PDA

View Full Version : Atpsp 3.0 (Anti Theft PSP)

wraggster
July 17th, 2006, 20:01
Bawls has released a new version of his Anti Theft PSP app, heres all the info:

ok this will most likely be the last release. This is an app that will help return your psp if it is stolen and the thief access' the memory stick via usb, this app will send you an email with his IP . this file is only about 3 kb so it should not concern people about space. just have this on your stick just in case.

ok here is what this release is about:
# should send a popup to everyone on the network that that person stole the psp.

OK to get started.
1.Right click on my computer and click properties
2. Go to the Advanced tab
3. Click on Enviormental Variables at the bottom.
4. You will see 2 white boxes. one above the other. click into the lower one labeled System Variables.
5. Click New
6. A box will popup asking variable name and variable value
Variable Name = thief
Varable Value = false

MAKE SURE SPELLING IS CORRECT!!!!

7. After you Add the info click the OK box. Keep clickin the ok box until you have exited to your desktop.

Great now you are considered the PSP owner

drag all the files in the attachment into the root of your psp (X:/)

now you have to setup your email
1. Right click the .htm file and click edit or open it with notepad
2. Near the end you will see a crazy email adress (asdf92j4509sdjfi340i5df@ gmail.com)
3. replace this with your email adress. In my case it would be [email protected]
4. save this .htm file and close it

Great now the rest is optional
there are 2 .ico files for you to choose from. you can find more online but for now lets use one of these 2. by default you are using psp.ico. if you wish to change that do the following
1. open autorun.inf with notepad or right-click and click edit
2. change icon=psp.ico to icon=whatever_icon_you_wa nt.ico

ok now to change the PSP title

1. open autorun.inf with notepad or right-click and click edit
2. Change label=PSP to label=Phils Amazing PSP or whatever you wish.. just be sure to not change label= just whats after that.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via bawls (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=52654)

drEDN4wt
July 17th, 2006, 21:36
Will it send an email if your psp is stolen by someone who also has a psp/pc with this installed ?

Dbgtgoten
July 17th, 2006, 21:58
nice but i dun think theres a chance you could get it back unless you went over thier house and won the fight XD which then you would take your shit and go home lol if only your psp could grow legs and run home to you that'd be the best nice release anyways:cool: :D

mr_nick666
July 18th, 2006, 12:27
nice but i dun think theres a chance you could get it back unless you went over thier house and won the fight XD which then you would take your shit and go home lol if only your psp could grow legs and run home to you that'd be the best nice release anyways:cool: :D

Id be up for the fight! :mad:

I like this app :) Something different! :p Interesting to hear of any successfull PSP reunions as a result of it! :D

Video_freak
July 18th, 2006, 12:46
i like this app too. its original. i dont really need it (i live in a quite little town)

danknugz
July 18th, 2006, 16:19
OMFGLMAOROTFL.....

HEH HEH HEH

deffinatly the weirdest psp app ever.

maybe theres another use fo it...
say your trying to get the ip of another network, for nefarious uses, but there would have to be a simpler way...

gotmilk0112
July 18th, 2006, 17:07
lol u could get the thief's I.P. and hack him/her/it to hell. ^_^ :D

QueadlunnRau
July 18th, 2006, 21:52
I really like this app, very original ... I'm installing it ASAP, cannot wait for someone to jack my PSP now(been needing a reason to dust off my Springfield SD40).

Just gotta figure out how to transfer myself to his IP and shoot out of his ethernet port.

bm4n
August 10th, 2006, 00:00
I have had my PSP stolen, from school. I only wish I had had this app as the kid was most likely retarded and obviously lived near me. I would have called the cops in a second if I knew the address. This is the first app I am putting on my new PSP (just came today). Thanks! :)

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 00:02
make sure its always on the mem stick bm4n ;)

acn010
August 10th, 2006, 00:08
me can hacky computers, when they have their firewall off. he he.
thanks to aim.........
yeah, another good security app.

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 00:21
lol acn010. its a good thing my firwalls always on then huh...

kqzalf
August 27th, 2006, 00:00
i can use this on my flash drive too..... awsome thnks

kqzalf
August 27th, 2006, 00:03
also acn010 windows comes with a crappy but effective firewall that by default is always on.

Gene
September 15th, 2006, 05:23
also acn010 windows comes with a crappy but effective firewall that by default is always on.

actually windows xp does, yes, come with a crapy firewall, but it is usually turned off by default, unless you have no other firewall program installed, and even then it will ask you if you want to enable windows firewall, and chose the options you prefer for it to have.

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 05:29
Crap, I thought there was a new update. It's just an old thread brought back to life. :(

Gene
September 15th, 2006, 05:40
sorry i guess it is a bit old... but while we are still here, mind explaining how to install this??

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 05:43
What don't you understand? Did you read the first page?

Gene
September 15th, 2006, 05:50
yes but where is the program that you install onto your computer because i dont have the "enviornmental proporties" on my advanced tab.

sorry i figured it out now. thanks Video_Freak!

mesosade
October 6th, 2006, 22:18
ummm i tested this and the link that posts the email with the ip address won't work