PDA

View Full Version : dcload-serial 1.0.4

semicolo
February 16th, 2010, 12:06
Hi guys, I've starting a new hardware project (hacking a dc modem into an i/o card) and ran into trouble with dcload-serial 1.0.4.

Everything I send transfers to the dc but when it tries to execute I get a blue screen "address error (read or write)" with a memory dump.

If I burn the binary on a cd and execute it with dchakker it's fine.

I'm using the version on the dc dev R4, I never had trouble with dcload-serial before, I run it with -b 115200 -x myprog.elf (doesn't work with binaries either)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700hQyUWurc

quzar
February 18th, 2010, 17:16
My guess would be that your hardware poking accidentally tramples on dc-load's memory or something like that. Have you tried with random sample programs or just your hacked modem test stuff?

semicolo
February 18th, 2010, 20:54
I tried with the modem hack hardware removed from the console.
I tried known to work stuff... well now that you mention it I tried my bogus never finished dcquizz, maybe it's not the best thing to try, I'll try something else tomorrow morning just to make sure.

Indiket
February 18th, 2010, 23:03
Seems more that you are sending scrambled elf/binary instead of unscrambled ones. Try to unscramble your file first, and then send it with dcload-serial.

semicolo
February 19th, 2010, 11:57
elf aren't scrambled, I tried elf, unscrambled bin and scrambled bin

semicolo
February 26th, 2010, 00:20
well, I ended with burning a new dc-load 1.0.3 boot cd and... it works !
So it means either dc-load 1.0.4 is bogus, or the version on the dc dev R4 cd isn't working for some reason (maybe because it's run from a menu)

So did anybody used dc-load serial 1.0.4 before ? and the one on the dc dev R4 cd ?

Anyway expect another modem hack video soon

semicolo
March 5th, 2010, 16:20
I have reports from some other frenchies that dcload 1.0.4 works for them, so it must be the dc dev r4 cd that has an issue.

quzar
March 11th, 2010, 09:43
I've used dcload 1.0.4 (and the updated version with gdb support) for years and never had problems. It may be the devisov4 version that is giving problems, as I've never tried it.