PDA

View Full Version : Harleyg's Custom Firmware .2

shadowprophet
July 18th, 2006, 20:22
Harleyg Has done it again This time he has released an update to his custom firmware!

This firmware update has sevral new features and some changes. First up the recovry mode is deeper, Yet again!!

With these updated features
New style and menu/sub menus.
Clockspeed configuration.
USB mode.
Update vshmain.prx and recovery.elf.
Remove patch.
Launch update eboot.
Replace index.dat.

Other Features include
No kexploit (Can run 1.0 formatted eboots).
No annoying corrupt icons.
No intro.

Also this reound the boot controlls have changed.
WLAN switch down: Loads Devhook
WLAN switch up: Loads XMB
HOLD on: Loads configuration and recovery mode
X: Launches autoboot eboot

Some things about this file
How to:
For new users
Copy the customfirmware and customfirmware% to PSP/GAME and the SYSTEM directory to PSP.
Launch the "Harleygs custom firmware patch 0.2" eboot and press X when prompted.
Reboot.

For current users
Copy the vshmain.prx and recovery.elf to the root of the memorystick, then boot the PSP
in configuration and recovery mode.
Go to the recovery/backup menu and flash the new recovery.elf and vshmain.prx.
Reboot.

I can not stress enough Even if you know what your doing, You can brick your psp by trying these, These are firmware tweaks!! Know that you run the risk of bricking your psp By trying these!

Download And Use At Your Own Risk, Leave Feedback And Comments Below

Malksta
July 18th, 2006, 20:29
Weeeee gonna download this now :)

Man
July 18th, 2006, 20:41
This looks like an awsome custom firmware. If i downoad the file above do i need anything else for this to work ?

zackforbing
July 18th, 2006, 20:45
has anyone actually bricked by using these firmware hacks?

stotheamuel
July 18th, 2006, 20:50
a few have i believe....

can some1 post a picture of the "custom menu and style"

:D

Video_freak
July 18th, 2006, 21:05
this custom firmware just keeps on getting better and better. i wonder how sony will respond to this (now that they have pretty much lost the homebrew war)

F9zDark
July 18th, 2006, 21:13
Well the homebrew war has seen a major victory, but Sony still holds some aces up their sleeves. For starters the new motherboards being entirely incapable of running homebrew, modchips or downgrading.

How many more hardware options does Sony have left to exhaust? And Sony hasn't resorted to forced updates (ie, running a game, automatically updates the PSP, without the user knowing.)

I highly doubt Sony would resort to that, since it would haunt Sony forever (lawsuits anyone?). But its still an option they have, just haven't utilized yet.

Anyway, how does this work exactly? And couldn't the person think of anything better than the WLAN switch to activate some programs?

gsmumbo
July 18th, 2006, 21:47
not really. the wlan switch was a good idea. before on some(dont remember which one) u had to press a button while loading which can be an inconvenience. with this its just up for one firmware down for the other.

borikua_rocks
July 18th, 2006, 23:13
are their any pics of this available?

despoteuodia
July 18th, 2006, 23:33
This looks like an awsome custom firmware. If i downoad the file above do i need anything else for this to work ?
this i too would like to know. i think there is a necessary download, the file is small, but i dont know. i think you'll need to download dev hook.

uhh, since it runs 1.0 eboots, will i still be able to run my 1.5 eboots??? and wich is better to use?

could i use this with the 2.71 custom firm ware?

Sterist
July 19th, 2006, 00:12
plz dont make custom fw look bad.

it is impossible to brick yur psp unless u know exactly wut yur doing when u brick it. (iow: purposely trying to brick)

if it truly is a separate firmware from SCE's, then its not operating via official fw therefor cannot brick it in any way shape or form. with one exception: recovery-mode trying to overrighting, deleting, or change anything vital with in the official fw COULD brick your psp.

it will do that in one of two ways:

1. freezes when it has an error trying to initiate something in start-up

2. freezes while flashing something to itsself, and cant initiate it again to repair or remake the file. resulting in disabled features (partial-brick).

both of these errors can be fixed via recovery mode, by running a full install of a firmware (update, 2.00, downgrade afterwards).

tophead420
July 19th, 2006, 01:21
lol i had this like 14 hours ago and in lovine it its pretty cool haveing it set up this way with the wlan switch down to boot last booted devhook fw it make my psp fell like its an avtual 2.5 or what ever im in the mood for and i cant wait for anther new release already lol

F9zDark
July 19th, 2006, 01:23
Its not that custom firmware is totally a bad idea; its more or less, what can come out custom firmware being accepted within the community.

I really believe that at some point there will be people out there trying to brick other's PSPs. If anyone recalls, there was a PSP-Bricker virus, that spurred so much attention as to catalyze Symantec into adding detection for it in their antivirus products.

What's stopping someone from purposely destroying someone else's PSP when custom firmware becomes the new craze?

NoQuarter
July 19th, 2006, 02:03
I seriously doubt sony will include malicious code as an example I cite all of fuss around sony's rootkit on music cds. one thing though it could be advantagous for sony to include a disclaimer that requires you to allow personal information from your memstick to be uploaded when using the internet.once again though this could be considered malicious software

IndianCheese
July 19th, 2006, 02:58
Is X-Flash compatible?

MasterChafed
July 19th, 2006, 03:40
i believe it is, in fact u can install Dark Alex's version with 11c. Anyway, i too have had this for about 14 hours and i love it sooo much, also, i was trying to think of the best program to bind to the X button and i got it.........IR Shell. boo ya.

csd-san
July 19th, 2006, 04:36
i was trying to think of the best program to bind to the X button and i got it.........IR Shell. boo ya.

Could somebody not just make a custom firmware that functions like IR shell? Given the time it would take to code, of course..

tophead420
July 19th, 2006, 06:56
this i too would like to know. i think there is a necessary download, the file is small, but i dont know. i think you'll need to download dev hook.

uhh, since it runs 1.0 eboots, will i still be able to run my 1.5 eboots??? and wich is better to use?

could i use this with the 2.71 custom firm ware?

no the file available for download is all you need and all you need to do is put the psp folder on your memstick (make sure you make a copy of your mem stick so you dont lose any thing) and simpily run the program and bammm fw mod and if you already have a the a prior release all you do is put the vshmain.prx and recovery .elf on the root of your memstick and restart your psp in recovery mode (hold R trigger to get to recovery menu i think) then flash both files to your psp and enjoy :D :D by the way yes 1.00 and 1.5 eboots work on this and
this can't be used on 2.71 (devhook fw i dont think it would either)

i believe it is, in fact u can install Dark Alex's version with 11c. Anyway, i too have had this for about 14 hours and i love it sooo much, also, i was trying to think of the best program to bind to the X button and i got it.........IR Shell. boo ya.

lol thats so funny bc i posted above that iv had it for 14 hours we must be cool or sumthing lol jk
but i put dgen on the on the X button but think imma change it to IRshell or somthing along those lines and o yeah i so cant wait for a new release of this becuz this like soo PWNZ lol :p

stJimmy
July 19th, 2006, 10:03
Does this work in 2.6? Or do i need to downgrade?

motz
July 19th, 2006, 10:50
Does this work in 2.6? Or do i need to downgrade?
It currently is not possible to execute code in this way on firmware 2.60 so you will need to downgrade to 1.50. :)

tophead420
July 19th, 2006, 22:13
ok iv found a few plugins on a site i hate but i go there anyway though they steal ill give you info on each plugin iv tryed them both and iv had really no luck with them and the plugins are as follows

mp3plugin=This plugin will allow you to listen to mp3s in the XMB! Well, if you're sitting there wondering "We can already do that!? wtf!?". This allows you to listen to mp3s ANYWHERE in the XMB; While watching a video, while viewing images, while changing settings, etc. The regular XMB mp3 player was restricted to the music section only.
---
Controls -

LTRIGG + LEFT = Switch song(to the left)
LTRIGG + RIGHT = Switch song(to the right)
LTRIGG + SQUARE = Stop current MP3
LTRIGG + CROSS = Pause/Unpause

Known Bugs -
- Make sure to stop your current song before loading up a homebrew or UMD, else crashes.
- When exiting out of USB mode, music may mess up. Just switch the current song to fix that.

VSHExtender or also known as vshhex=This module adds 'extensions' to your 1.50 VSH/XMB that can be accessed via keypresses.
It should be used with the Dark_AleX custom firmware or a similar custom firmware that allows you to use external modules.

Features
-------

- Press HOME + SELECT in the XMB to change the CPU and GPU speeds, steps are 133/66, 222/111, 266/133, and 333/166
- Press HOME + CIRCLE in the XMB to change the CPU speed to 30MHz and the GPU to 50MHz. This makes the XMB become a little laggy but is fine for playing AT3 music or AVC video as this is hardware decoded :)
- Press HOME + L TRIGGER to execute ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/DEVBOOT.PBP - this is yet ANOTHER way of booting DevHook instantly into 2.71 firmware, but now you can do it after startup :)
- Press HOME + R TRIGGER to get battery percentage, voltage and temperature information.

i have tryed both of these and the mp3 one totally didnt work im noyt sure why i set it up right and no luck not sure if anything needs to be flash and the VSHEXTENDER kinda worked a lil bit only thing it done was displayed the clock speed of my psp when i booted it up but i also just tryed it very quikly i had to leave today and didnt get the time to set and test it fully you can try downloading these from that site but i will not give you the sites name you find them on your own becuz im not recomending you to this site so happy hunting lol(the statment i gave at very top gives it away if your clevor) and if anyone downloads thes and gets them working please tell me id like to set these up on my psp to try them at a working state and sorry for such a long post but i thought sumone would like to see these
i almost forgot there is one more i havent tryed it is PSP Audio Recorder Beta i dont know anyhting about this one and i would upload these for you guys but i dont wanna stoop to there level and steal the files i only posted the info on these becuz i took the info from the readme files so check thes out and see what you think about them:cool:

EDIT: and could sumone pleas tell me what the index.dat file is for that was in Harleyg's Custom Firmware .2 im a lil clueless on what its for and i havent flashed it yet and wont until i know what its for

Accordion
July 19th, 2006, 23:12
it would be nice to have mp3 playback at any time, like during umd games, im on a mc so cant use GTA custom tracks!!!

ACID
July 19th, 2006, 23:14
Nice downloading now.

tophead420
July 20th, 2006, 07:28
lol i thought a few would like these mods thats why i posted them and id like to know how these worked for you guys please post your results of these mods i like to know how they worked for you and could somone PLEASE tell me what the index,dat file is for

nami
July 20th, 2006, 22:14
oohhhmmmm... can i emulate this firmware on devhook too or is it necessary to flash the firmware?!

want to load homebrew on 2.71

SweetFA
July 20th, 2006, 23:26
oohhhmmmm... can i emulate this firmware on devhook too or is it necessary to flash the firmware?!

want to load homebrew on 2.71
You can't

tophead420
July 23rd, 2006, 10:06
i was wondering is anyone elses system info saying there psp is a 1.00 becuz mines saying its 1.00

scottyboynow
July 23rd, 2006, 14:57
Will this install on a 2.71

batterygrenade55
July 23rd, 2006, 20:48
Why hasn't anyone made a good sega saturn emulator yet?

Mailas Gonrai
July 23rd, 2006, 21:10
I need help, I cant run my 1.0eboot on my custom firmware!!!!!! It just keeps loading the white PSP screen and then just freezes so I cant do anything!! I ahve tried it with the wlan switch up and down
I have even tried it with both kexploit eboot (wario mastermind) and that didnt work, and I tried it with a non ke exploit eboot (psptris) and it still didnt work!!!!!
All it does is just freeze at the white screen where it sais:
PSP.

Also, if somoene oculd help me on this too, why does it say new menu and sub menu when there is not any new menus. And why doesnt the xmb dashboard look differrent? It looks exactly the same.

mavsman4457
July 24th, 2006, 02:03
So here is my story. I installed this custom firmware. Then I installed the mp3 mod so that mp3's can play in the xmb. So when I uninstall this custom firmware it works pretty much fine but I can still play mp3's anywhere in the xmb. How do I uninstall the mp3 mod from my firmware?

mavsman4457
July 24th, 2006, 02:40
Mailas Gonrai I am sorry that I cannot help with your problem but I can address your question about the xmb. This firmware mod is not intended to change the xmb. The options of cpu clock speed and whether you want auto boot on or off are in recovery mode. This is accessible by booting with the hold button on. I too expected to see more options in the xmb but was then let down.

topspot
August 2nd, 2006, 08:31
ok i have some custom mods on my 1.5 through xflash v.12, but im thinking about using harleys v.2. now will it be ok to just flash harleys v.2 over my xflash mods or shoud I revert all mods then flash harleys v.2??

BL4Z3D247
August 2nd, 2006, 08:38
ok i have some custom mods on my 1.5 through xflash v.12, but im thinking about using harleys v.2. now will it be ok to just flash harleys v.2 over my xflash mods or shoud I revert all mods then flash harleys v.2??
i'm not sure but to be safe i know i would remove all mods be for i flashed the harleyg cfw mod on to my psp

jim80b
August 2nd, 2006, 10:20
remove the mods. flash with harleys,
reflash your custom mods with xflash

no problems so far - no update, apps name change, gameboot, version number.

topspot
August 3rd, 2006, 09:07
ok it worked out perfectly. thanks

urmom9388
August 7th, 2006, 05:23
If for any reason I decide I dont want the custom firmware can I upgrade to 2.0 and downgrade back to regular 1.5?

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 05:29
If for any reason I decide I dont want the custom firmware can I upgrade to 2.0 and downgrade back to regular 1.5?
Why dont you just make a back up of the original firmware and then do the same thing all over with that if you dont like

pkmaximum
August 7th, 2006, 06:20
if all goes wrong spoof your PSP's firmware to 1.0 then just update to 1.5. Then you can start from scratch and avoid a stupid downgrading process ^_^

StealthCP
August 7th, 2006, 15:48
LOL @ A11 T£H N00B5 A80V£, TH£Y ARE T£H SUXX0R5!!

This custom firmware looks good, but I'll see how it compares with Dark_AleX's (yes, I can spell his name properly. :D)

Accordion
August 7th, 2006, 16:38

Maxdamantus
August 13th, 2006, 03:49
How do you get it to boot up Devhook on startup? (WiFi down)

I have Devhook set up and working, but when I try booting up PSP with WiFi down, it just shows a black screen, and Memory Stick light flashing.. Then if I turn WiFi on while it's doing that, and hold the power switch, it goes back to 1.5... Weird.

Also another problem (I can't make new threads for some reason.), well that's not the problem.. But, I wanted to instal Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC, to see what it was like, so uninstalled this one, and installed Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC, and now I want to put this one back on.. But I can't seem to find out how to uninstall the Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC. I've heard that trying to instal custom FW over other custom FW is a more likely brick... Anyone know how to uninstall Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC?

jim80b
August 15th, 2006, 11:54
Hi Max
to uninstall i would use xflash - return to default will reflash with the standard 1.5 firmware

HI everyone, please help.
my MPH 2.0 loader will not work anymore!
i want to launch my GTA UMD without devhook
i cant work out whats wrong, have reinstalled the loader & the 2.0 firmware files, will not load
tried turning off the plugins and same thing.
any ideas?
want to keep the custom firmware but may try reflashing back to 1.5 to confim its that.

Festizzio
August 15th, 2006, 12:10
How do you get it to boot up Devhook on startup? (WiFi down)

I have Devhook set up and working, but when I try booting up PSP with WiFi down, it just shows a black screen, and Memory Stick light flashing.. Then if I turn WiFi on while it's doing that, and hold the power switch, it goes back to 1.5... Weird.

Also another problem (I can't make new threads for some reason.), well that's not the problem.. But, I wanted to instal Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC, to see what it was like, so uninstalled this one, and installed Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC, and now I want to put this one back on.. But I can't seem to find out how to uninstall the Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC. I've heard that trying to instal custom FW over other custom FW is a more likely brick... Anyone know how to uninstall Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware POC?

Your ms light's flashing because it's loading devhook, it doesn't load right away, it takes a few seconds.

comicgeek
August 23rd, 2006, 05:58
Hello I like to install Harleyg's however my PSP already has Dark_AleX's custom firmware (the proof of concept). How can I properlly install Harleyg's custom firmware without the risk of bricking?

kurst3030
September 3rd, 2006, 07:27
How do I unistall this custom firmware? Xflash?

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 07:30
no, just place customfirmware and customfirmware% folders in your GAME folder and run it, that should do it :)

kurst3030
September 3rd, 2006, 07:49
er...but I mean, unistall Harleygs..thanks though..

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 07:52
oh, sorry, just go into the recovery mode and then go to Recovery menu and select remove custome firmware :)

kurst3030
September 3rd, 2006, 07:56
Haha, thanks a lot...I just reread and relized I was supposed to switch the hold switch on to get to recovery, not keep holding the power on..lol. thanks though.

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 07:57
lol, no problem :D

cheepohseng
September 22nd, 2006, 21:14
Hi! i'm newbie with my JPN ver 1000 PSP 2.5 just downgraded to 1.5...

i accidentally flash harleyg's and together with Dark_Alex's POC firmware(now my PSP flashed both of the custom firmware), now my PSP became "partially" bricked, the screen turn off after i reboot, right after SCE logo intro...

can some one help me on this? i miss my lovely PSP so much! i don't hope my PSP to die!!!

now the only thinking is to unflash both of the custom firmware, can somebody help me on this?

now i'm still able to execute the program at config.txt, so i decided to execute slasher's unflasher to unflash all the custom firmware that i've accidentally flashed in my ROM, isn't it possible slasher's unflasher can unflash both of the firmeware? or it was just created specially to unflash POC firmware?if yes so how can i unflash harleyg's cf? My PSP can't run in recovery mode when i keep pressing R...

If slasher's unflasher can't unflash both of the cf, what else program can help me to unflash both of the cf? does X-flash do so?

Hurry to know...

some body please help!

thank you for rescue me and my PSP