PDA

View Full Version : No Halo on Gizmondo for now, says Bungie !

wraggster
January 10th, 2005, 11:36
Development studio Bungie has denied reports that its Halo franchise could be on the way to Tiger Telematics' Gizmondo handheld console, scotching widespread rumours which resurfaced at CES last week.[br][br]Responding to questions from fans about the possibility of a Gizmondo version of the game, Bungie updated its website late last week to deny that any deal has been struck with Gizmondo Europe or Tiger Telematics regarding the title.[br][br]"I am told Microsoft does have a relationship with the handheld maker," the response on the website read, "but I can tell you right now the arrangement does not include Halo."[br][br]The rumours originally surfaced before Christmas, when it was revealed that Microsoft Game Studios is working on games for the system including Age of Empires and Mechassault, and representatives of the firm reportedly mentioned the possibility of Halo appearing on the device during corporate presentations.[br][br]Despite the denial that Halo is on its way to the Gizmondo console, the platform had a strong showing at CES, with a number of new titles being announced for the system including a Sega Classics pack and several of the original IPs which were announced by Warthog prior to its acquisition by Gizmondo Europe, including Johnny Whatever, Sticky Balls and Milo and the Rainbow Nasties.[br][br]The company continues to align its console closely with Microsoft's Xbox, with the handheld - which uses a version of the Windows operating system - being demonstrated on the Microsoft stand at CES, and being described by Gizmondo as "an Xbox in your pocket."

Mental2k
January 13th, 2005, 06:57
That really sunds good, I wonder what the chances are of the xbox interfacing with the xbox is. Kinda like neogeo pocket color witht the DC. Especially as the xbox controller is basically a usb interface. What do you guys think, I guess they could also do it using the ethernet connector also.