PDA

View Full Version : DS Development languages?

trebulator
July 19th, 2006, 01:11
First off, sorry for the n00b question... but this may pay off in the future. :)

Anyways... I don't really know how to program anything yet, but I've been wanting to learn a programming language. My main goal is to program a homebrew game for the DS... I got some crazy good ideas for the touch screen.

Heres my question...
What programming language is best to use for the NDS? Peferably for an RPG with controls that are touchscreen dominant... similar to LostMagic or Kirby? Please specify which languages are fastest to learn and which ones are fastest to actually code for NDS homebrew... which will help me with my decision.

Also, is there any good tutorials to help me program using the DS hardware?

All answers and comments are appreciated!!

trebulator
July 24th, 2006, 20:29
Is there anybody that can help me with this, please?

Even a referral to somewhere that would be able to help answer this question will help!!

Junixx
July 24th, 2006, 23:16
Here's a site on DS dev:

http://www.double.co.nz/nintendo_ds/

Then there is DS Lua here:

http://www.dslua.com/

Also remember that it takes patience, ive tried DS Lua, although I havent gotten very far on it....working on it though hopefully one day i might acctaully get something put together......somehow...

trebulator
July 25th, 2006, 08:22
YESSS!!! Thank you!! I have a spooky-ass grin because of you... this is great!!

I'm prepared to not get started on my main project I have in mind until december... at least thats what I'm expecting! I have ALOOOOT of little games in mind until then, from ones that only require a press of a button or poking, to ones that require just dragging of the stylus. I'll be good, as long as I have motivation... and my crazy mind provides alot of it.

Thanks again!!

Edit: So the DS has a programming language of its own, and the website that first link teaches you it?

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 00:40
Really? I didn't know the ds has it's own language, I thought you could just use C++ or something..... Man, I should start coding.

acn010
May 28th, 2007, 00:42
I'll expext you to creat good ass games ok man??