PDA

View Full Version : Yet More Custom Firmware...

Briggzy11
July 19th, 2006, 15:05
...Slasher has created a plugin for the P.O.C custom firmware created by Dark_Alex that will allow you to play MP3 files while accessing areas on the XMB of your PSP, heres what he had to say about the release...

..."This allows you to listen to mp3s ANYWHERE in the XMB!

Currently supports up to 100 songs in the ms0:/PSP/MUSIC/ folder!

Controls -
LTRIGG + LEFT = Switch song(to the left)
LTRIGG + RIGHT = Switch song(to the right)
LTRIGG + SQUARE = Stop current MP3
LTRIGG + CROSS = Pause/Unpause

Known Bugs -
- Make sure to stop your current song before loading up a homebrew or UMD, else crashes.
- When exiting out of USB mode, music may mess up. Just switch the current song to fix that.

Place the mp3XMB folder(and all its contents) in the ROOT (ms0:/(here)). This is very important! It MUST be in the root. Then, just simply point the P.O.C. Custom Firmware to load the RUNMEmp3.prx. ex) loadmodule0 = "ms0:/mp3XMB/RUNMEmp3.prx"."

Download and give comments thank you :D

NOTE :- I have tried this however I could not get it to work. I hope somebody else manages to get it to work anyway.

As this is only a plugin it should not harm your PSP however there is always a chance of BRICKING your PSP as this is still part of the Flash.

MalumEnSe
July 19th, 2006, 23:49
No source, typical.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=850266#post850266

Anger
July 19th, 2006, 23:59
i have no problems making it work (had to delete the config and redownload it but wt-hey whatever works :P). it shows promise and i hope he continues to work on making it better, maybe add a config and possibly even a start the module in a stopped state. its one of the many things i have on my wish list for this new firmware hack. :D

Briggzy11
July 20th, 2006, 02:48
No source, typical.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=850266#post850266

I totally agree with you, QJ always does that.

Unless there couldnt be a source released as theres no Eboot to this file???

l Zero Fox l
July 20th, 2006, 04:48
I cant get it to work =[ , so you said you re-downloaded the config.txt? Ill try the same.

l Zero Fox l
July 20th, 2006, 05:54
Well on the proof of concept thing, it says:
-----------------------------------------------------
Copying vshmain.prx as vshmain_real.prx.
Copying files to buffers...
File size of vshmain_real.prx doesnt match.
-----------------------------------------------------
ummm what should i do??? please help!

BL4Z3D247
July 20th, 2006, 06:00
u have to use slashers custom fw unflasher then put the custom fw on again, unless u have harveyg's custom fw mod in that case go to recovery mode and go to the option remove custom fw then reinstall it

tophead420
July 20th, 2006, 08:33
i have no problems making it work (had to delete the config and redownload it but wt-hey whatever works :P). it shows promise and i hope he continues to work on making it better, maybe add a config and possibly even a start the module in a stopped state. its one of the many things i have on my wish list for this new firmware hack. :D

thanks for the heads up recopying the config file really helped out now its actaully workinking but i dont really like how it starts the music on a coldboot and i agree it shud start in a stoped state not turn on automatically on boot up and once again thanks alot lol:D :D

ACID
July 20th, 2006, 09:32
I need to try this one.

tophead420
July 20th, 2006, 09:46
ok i tryed this and finally got it working and for any one that is having trouble i have the solution is very simple to fix just recopy the config file to your memstick and haha it works this was found out by Anger and thanks for the post helping to get this working lol

EDIT;; iv got some ideas for this plugin maybe they could get this to play the mp3 music in umd games like irshell does and also make a toggle auto start up on/off and maybe give this plugin the ability to use the remote to change tracks and start play back and lets see what else uhhhh lol im out of ideas for now when sumthing pops into my head ill get back to you guys ooooyeah possilbly give this a more actractive way to display the songs that would be cool but hey thats just me lol maybe some of these ideas will catch the coders attention and possilby see them in a future release and the ideas cud already be some hes thought of but we'll see :D

MadMonkee
July 20th, 2006, 12:18
Fawk no I wouldn't download this... No source, not worthy to flash. Sh^t if I am going chance to brick my PSP permanently I would like to compile the code myself.

tophead420
July 20th, 2006, 13:02
Fawk no I wouldn't download this... No source, not worthy to flash. Sh^t if I am going chance to brick my PSP permanently I would like to compile the code myself.

LMFAO dood this is not flshed to the psps flash0 memory its justa simple plugin thats stored on the root of the memory stick unless there is a file i havent flashed yet but id say its not flashed becuz its working fine for me and i havent flashed it so yeah no flash needed:D :D :cool:

Anger
July 20th, 2006, 13:03
im pretty sure he isnt releasig the code yet because he doesnt want anyone to steal his work and claim it as there own (minus the credits of course) but i do agree having the source and being able to compile it yourself certainly gives you peace of mind. however i will say this - i have tried it and it does work. its buggy sure but its a first release.

also glad i could help with the config problem. :D

tophead420
July 20th, 2006, 13:07
im pretty sure he isnt releasig the code yet because he doesnt want anyone to steal his work and claim it as there own (minus the credits of course) but i do agree having the source and being able to compile it yourself certainly gives you peace of mind. however i will say this - i have tried it and it does work. its buggy sure but its a first release.

also glad i could help with the config problem. :D

i agree not having the source is a lil risky trying this but seeing that its not flashed i see no need to worry unless like i mentioned before unless there is a file that is flashed but the again im saying no flash needed becuz hey its working beatifully and yeah thanks for helping on the config problem:D

Briggzy11
July 24th, 2006, 02:53
It is not possible to show the source for this because it is not a eboot, it is just a little add on for the custom firmware, it will NOT flash to your PSP and it will NOT damage your PSP...

...It is as safe as sliced bread :D

Cheers for all your comments and I have managed to get it work as well now :D

BL4Z3D247
July 24th, 2006, 03:18
hey briggzy i still can't get this to work mind givin me the run down on how u did it? thanx in advance

mavsman4457
July 24th, 2006, 03:51
I removed the harleyq's firmware mod but the mp3 mod still stays on my 1.5 firmware. Can anyone help me out?

nyrtrublue
July 24th, 2006, 03:59
i wish all the modders would get together and just figure out the best features and make one custom firmware and an easy installer

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 05:05
I totally agree with you, QJ always does that.

Unless there couldnt be a source released as theres no Eboot to this file???

this kid has my full protection.

Briggzy11
July 24th, 2006, 06:15
this kid has my full protection.

hahaha thank you.

As for problems with this, all you need to do is replace the config file, I have no idea why or what reason but it just seems to load up the MP3 Plugin :confused:

To be perfectly honesty I find no use for this at all now, I keep forgetting to turn my music off when I try to load homebrew and the PSP crashes, apparantly there is more work going into this plugin so I just hope it improves :D

P.S. yeh QJ sucks!!!

BL4Z3D247
July 24th, 2006, 06:22
i tried replacing the config still a no go, are u usin harvyg's fw mod or D_A's fw? also do u hard start the psp after u replace the config file?

Briggzy11
July 24th, 2006, 16:09
Right ok I use Harleyg's Custom Firmware, before you install it you must uinstall the P.O.C (Theres a unflasher on dcemu somewhere). Next you should install the MP3 player.

Yes you will need to do the cold boot after installiation so that the PSP can re read the config file and you should be set :D

Anger
July 25th, 2006, 12:56
does he know you then modify the config file to load the mp3 plugin?
also good work on the loading in the stopped state. :)
if your still updating, other than the bug fixes i would like to see a randomise feature. but if not this is still a good plugin.

01cooperl
July 25th, 2006, 15:48
ok i'm not new to the psp scene. But definately new to all this custom firmware stuff.

Firstly, am I correct in saying it'll basically using the security of 1.0 (loading eboots) and has the ability to run such games that need 2.5/2.6 fw??

Also what does XMB mean?

Anger
July 25th, 2006, 19:35
in short - no. its a little more complex it can disable the need for the 2 icons that 1.5 users have to use.
it also lets you shortcut the xmb when loading to get rid of non essential stuff (boot logo, autorun umd, etc.) or to even run a program instead of the XMB (cross media bar :P)

mavsman4457
July 28th, 2006, 21:34
In order to uninstall this could I just upgrade to 2.00 then downgrade to 1.50? That is what someone suggested to me and it seems easiest.

Anger
July 28th, 2006, 22:03
i would recommend you use the restore feature to remove the firmware modification. then just to be sure you can update to 2.0 then back to 1.5 if you wish.

mavsman4457
July 29th, 2006, 00:43
OK I updated to 2.00 and the mp3 plugin is still working on my PSP!!! I am about to downgrade and I really hope that this will get rid of it. I will report back.

mavsman4457
July 29th, 2006, 00:57
OK I have downgraded and the mp3 plugin is still there. I guess it's not that big of a deal but it really makes me nervous. The fact that I can't remove it makes me think that my PSP is going to brick. I have tried altering the config.txt file, going into harleyg recovery mode and now downgrading. I think I may try installing dark alex's firmware and seeing if that will help. Anyone else have suggestions? This is frightening.

dtothabreezy
July 29th, 2006, 02:06
wait you upgraded and the customfirmware was still there that would be great you could upgrade 2 2.80 and still have a 1.5

Anger
July 29th, 2006, 02:16
how did you install this mp3 plugin and where is it located? how do you know its still there? was it still able to run when you upgraded to 2.0?

*this post was edited because i misread the previous posts.*

mavsman4457
July 29th, 2006, 02:26
Yes, I know this probably sounds incredible, and thank you for revising your post :), but I know it is still there by going to an mp3 then hitting home after it is being played and being able to go anywhere in the xmb and still have mp3's playing. As for the installation, which I suggest you don't do because I still can't remove it after several different types of removal's of the firmware mod and a different firmware mod and an upgrade and downgrade, I simply put the mp3 folder thing on the root of the memory stick the edited the config file. When I installed it I was on harleyg's firmware so I'm not sure how it would work with the original firmware mod. One thing to note about the installation though. I think it says something about changing or deleting a # sign and I never did that initially. I'm not sure if that is how it was installed or if that might be the reason that I can't uninstall it but that's what I did. Also, once you add the folder to the root of your memory stick and change the config file you have to reboot your PSP. You don't need to "direct" the firmware to run the plugin it just does it automatically. If you cannot get it to run after trying all of that then consider your self lucky. Or we can trade PSP's :)

Anger
July 29th, 2006, 02:47
LOL now i get it. its nothing to worry about - thats a feature of the firmware, everyone can do that :P.
it turns off if you click in another area (e.g. photos/game/usb etc.)
i can see how you would mistake this but you can do this with the 2.xx+ browser too. (and in fact with any firmware version too)

mavsman4457
July 31st, 2006, 15:36
Hahahahahahaha, you must think that I'm such an idiot. I actually began to think that it might be a normal feature and that I was just being stupid and finally thought I'd check back at this thread and admit my incredible stupidity. So now I'm not really sure if I ever actually got it running :) I think I did but I can't know for sure and I don't want to mess with my flash anymore unless it means something incredible. Thank you for trying to solve my non-problem with me. I'm an idiot :)

EDIT: This is completely unrelated but I just looked at my posts and for this post it said it was my 207th post and for my previous post it said that it was the 206th post for me. I never noticed this happening before.

Briggzy11
August 1st, 2006, 01:31
Hey steady on everyone...

...I can do that as well (Listen to music and go off the music part of the XMB) but this mod lets you LISTEN TO THE MUSIC WHILE LOOKING THROUGH YOUR SAVES AND STUFF!!!

I still cannot get it to work and I posted this lolol...

...but others have so I am unsure!