PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Clyde clunks onto Live Arcade

wraggster
July 19th, 2006, 16:04
It's Wednesday again, which means two things - Crimewatch is on telly tonight and there's a new game up for download on Xbox Live Arcade.

But blocking the depressing crook-hunter out of our minds for a moment, today's new Arcade release is Cloning Clyde, a bizarre 3D side-scroller from developer NinjaBee. Cloning Clyde unsurprisingly has you playing with Clyde and his many clones, including Chicken-Clyde, Sheep-Clyde and Frog-Clyde. The game also features co-op and multiplayer modes, including support for up to 8 players over Xbox Live.

Cloning Clyde is the second Arcade game to come as part of the Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays promotion, which sees a new Arcade game arrive every (wait for it...) Wednesday. Including the two that have been released, only five games in the promotion have been revealed thus far. Today's release is followed up next week by Namco's Galaga, and the much-awaited Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting arrives on August 2 with Pac-Man following on the 9th.

Cloning Clyde is available on Xbox Live Arcade now for 800 lovely Microsoft points

KultiVator
July 19th, 2006, 20:44
Cloning Clyde is actually quite a clever little game.

It's 3D in a psuedo-2D kind of style (download it to see what I'm talking about.

It is well thought out and flows along quite nicely once you get past the early training areas.

But is it worth 800 M$ credits? Depends on whether you like platforming with mild puzzles & a bit of beat 'em up.

But this games does ooze tons (tonnes?) of humour and plenty of character - so there's a fair chance I'll part with the cash the next time I have a "can't shoot for toffee night" on Call Of Duty 2!!!

KultiVator

SmashinGit
July 20th, 2006, 22:05
I downloaded the trial version and gave it a go. I agree with you KultiVator, its not to bad. At least this is fullscreen unlike Frogger, whats with the tiny screen? I hope Galaga will be fullscreen.