PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: "We are not aware of any problems with the hinge of the DS Lite"

wraggster
July 19th, 2006, 17:02
We posted about the problems some users are having with the hinges of the new Nintendo DS lite, heres Nintendos Official response:

We are not aware of any problems with the hinge of the DS Lite, however if someone experiences a problem with their DS Lite they should contact their local customer services department. The DS Lite carries a one year warranty for manufacturing defects, if the fault is covered under the warranty it will be repaired free of charge if not then customer services will provide a cost for repairing the product.

For warranty repair information, all technical enquires [sic] including servicing products, guarantee information, troubleshooting, part orders and release dates in the UK, please contact our Customer Service department (Monday - Friday 8:30am-7pm).

Could a certain factory be sending out duff DS lites ?

SLy CaT
July 19th, 2006, 19:57
mine has started to crack. i can see the crack occuring, but not serious. i wonder if nintendo actually knew about this.

faction
July 19th, 2006, 21:32
Crap, I think I lost my receipt when I moved Monday :(

I was reading the article all along thinking "man I'm sure glad MINE isn't cracking". Then I look at the left hinge. :|

Frickin' hell. Hairline crack right now... hope it doesn't get bigger.

battleroyalex
July 19th, 2006, 22:28
.... for the people with the hairline cracks.. it's not a crack It's how it was put together. This is why this got so much fuss. Theres like 6 people with an actually cracked DS and everyone else has a hairline crack witch IS NOT a crack

SLy CaT
July 20th, 2006, 01:31
if you're talking about the the "line" where the top and bottom part of the hinge connects, thats not what i was talking about. there is another line, a bit wavy, that is cracking above the part where the hinge connections together.

battleroyalex
July 20th, 2006, 02:08
if you're talking about the the "line" where the top and bottom part of the hinge connects, thats not what i was talking about. there is another line, a bit wavy, that is cracking above the part where the hinge connections together.

picture?

edit: ZOMG I HAVE THE CRACKS TOO!!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/godlikecomics/zomf2.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/godlikecomics/zomf.jpg

Shadowblind
July 20th, 2006, 02:14
Oh, great, better tell my friend about this before he purchases it...

faction
July 20th, 2006, 02:37
picture?

edit: ZOMG I HAVE THE CRACKS TOO!!!!

Those are not the cracks I'm talking about. If I were talking about the mold lines, I would have said "Gee, there's some mold lines here, IT"S A CRACK". But you see, I didn't. I didn't say that at all. In fact, I'm almost POSITIVE I said there was a CRACK in it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I said. Now quit trolling and grow up.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m38/idmclaren/Picture8.jpg

SLy CaT
July 20th, 2006, 03:28
Those are not the cracks I'm talking about. If I were talking about the mold lines, I would have said "Gee, there's some mold lines here, IT"S A CRACK". But you see, I didn't. I didn't say that at all. In fact, I'm almost POSITIVE I said there was a CRACK in it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I said. Now quit trolling and grow up.

exactly faction. (mold... that was the term i was trying to think of XD). i have a crack in the same area.

and battle, don't be such a prick. besides, those mold lines aren't even cracks. they actually look like extra plastic sticking out to me.

battleroyalex
July 20th, 2006, 03:35
Just saying, People said the same thing about this laptop I bought.. Guess what I had the laptop for almost a year now and theres no cracks on the hinges at all.

edit: they also said this about the ds

SLy CaT
July 20th, 2006, 07:51
well, yeah, thats what happens. you might've been a percentage of people who didnt have any problems with the laptop or ds.

perhaps it's only like 5% of ds lite owners that have serious crack problems.

(that doesnt sound right...)

Keile
July 20th, 2006, 15:01
I have an actual crack on mine....it hasnt gotten any bigger, so i assume it isnt anything super serious. Worst case scenario, i can use a cotton swab and put a little glue in there.

battleroyalex
July 20th, 2006, 15:58
People with cracks do you bring it out in the sun often? I never bring mine out in direct sunlight. Something going from warm to cold so fast could cause a crack on a sharp surface.

Keile
July 20th, 2006, 16:07
Mine hardly leaves my house, i took it to work once, but i dont do anything that can harm it, and i kept checking it to make sure it was safe....HOWEVER, i do go outside a lot in my job....

slitchfield
July 21st, 2006, 06:12
Hmm.... no crack yet here, but sod's law says I can't find my receipt now either 8-(