PDA

View Full Version : Overclocked DS Lite

wraggster
July 19th, 2006, 17:28
Heres a video of someone who has overclocked their DS Lite, why you would is beyond me, but check the vid out here -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFBrMY5vwVc

Dave the Rave
July 19th, 2006, 18:21
So when you overclock a CPU it automatically raises the pitch of all sound samples does it? No, the video is simply sped up during the portions purported to be 1.7 times faster, it's a fake.

Junixx
July 19th, 2006, 19:19
It's not a fake, this has also been done to the original DS, also if it was a fake, his hands would be moving at 1.7x speed also

here a small site on the mod

http://ndshotmod.com/

DimensionT
July 19th, 2006, 23:07
Sweet! Now we can all play mario on crack! Just joking...

CRACK IS BAD KIDS!!!

The guide says "DS & Lite", so that means the fat DS is overclocked the same way?

ACID
July 19th, 2006, 23:09
Sweet! Now we can all play mario on crack! Just joking...

CRACK IS BAD KIDS!!!

The guide says "DS & Lite", so that means the fat DS is overclocked the same way?
LOL its true though. I mean playing mario on crack.:D

DimensionT
July 19th, 2006, 23:30
Lol, yeah... Most crack smokers would probably pass up Mario and go straight for Sonic though. :p

Dave the Rave
July 19th, 2006, 23:42
It's not a fake, this has also been done to the original DS, also if it was a fake, his hands would be moving at 1.7x speed also
So why are the sound samples increased in pitch?

Junixx
July 20th, 2006, 03:39
This is a long shot, but possibly since the processors are working at a higher frequency, it could increase the pitch, ive seen it done with a computer program:

Under windows: Start> Run> sndrec32

open up a WAV file then go to edit and Increase the speed by 100%, you'll find that along with it speeding up, the pitch has increased, same thing might be happening here

Manya47
July 20th, 2006, 09:33
that's probably the cause. I wonder if this would be good for homebrew apps. maybe a mega drive emulator at full speed? higher bitrate movie files? need more testing I suppose.

chriswyatt
July 20th, 2006, 19:37
Notice how quickly his hands leave the player, this is obviously fake. Anyway, I don't think increasing the speed of the processor would make everything go fast like that, it would be a real-time processor which works alongside an internal clock surely?

chriswyatt
July 20th, 2006, 19:38
Maybe it would speed everything up, :confused: I'm not sure actually.

chriswyatt
July 20th, 2006, 19:47
OK, I just looked at his website. It looks legit, but it could also be a very well thought-out plan. And overclocking to 1.7X would most-definitely decrease the lifespan of the DS lite, it's not worth it.