PDA

View Full Version : PSP Custom Firmware

Plxply
February 19th, 2010, 17:55
Hello,

I have been using 5.00 M33-6 now on my PSP-2000 for approximately the last year hoping that there's a chance a new version will be released. Obviously that has not happened and I'm wondering what would be the best firmware to upgrade to from this? Are there any other benefits apart from being able to play new games, as I am very satisfied with the stability the Dark Alex's firmware has always had.

I still have my Pandora's battery and a memory card I can easily convert so that won't be a problem for me.

Thanks for your help

FNQer
February 20th, 2010, 01:52
the next cfw are those 5.50 GEN-X cfw. i think its GEN-D3 Final is the latest version, though plz check.

unless you are having particular issues with your 5.00m33-6, you might as well don't fix something that isn't broken.

there are issues with cfw in general - which would be common to either cfw versions. for instance, i guess psn access (etc) might be an issue for both cfw... but there are constant fluid developments in cfw and homebrew community, so gotta keep eyes peeled.

the issue i anticipate we (as i am also on m33-6 cfw) might encounter is running latest 'homebrew', but there are fixes to those which allows it to run on our m33-6. at least that is my understanding.

to present, i am content with m33-6 because i haven't encountered any major issues running this cfw... there are 2 camps - those who support the m33-6 over the GEN-X cfw but that is pretty much a matter of personal preference.

one further point i make here - you don't need a PB or MMS to change your m33-6 to the latest GEN-X cfw but the pb and mms is handy to have.

jxx2005
February 20th, 2010, 16:41
the only reason to goto GEN cfw is if you want to play newer games that 'require' updated firmware many work in 5.50 GEN-D

littlebigplanet and assassin's creed as 2 examples

FNQer
February 21st, 2010, 23:05
i have played littlebigplanet on my 5.00m33-6. so, there are fixes for those games on the m33 cfw...