PDA

View Full Version : Can't download file attached to post

S'Gues_
February 20th, 2010, 12:54
Hello!
I don't' know why I face troubles downloading file atteched to http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=395412&postcount=43
Instead of Z2meMidp2.zip I get a 1x1 GIF file.
I've tried to turn antivirus and firewall software off but it doesn't solve the issue.
Could someone please help me or perhaps reupload the file to any filehosting server.

Thank you!

splodger15
February 20th, 2010, 12:57
Your not the only one with the issue , I tried downloading a file from here and got the same issue.

VampDude
February 20th, 2010, 23:17
It's either your browser or the file does not exist within DCEmu's database, I believe I once had the same problem.

Alternatively, if you find a file here on DCEmu that doesn't download, you can always copy the filename including the extension to a Google search and see if the file has been uploaded to a server of where the file may still be in existence. Google shows many entries from that file.

Darksaviour69
February 20th, 2010, 23:35
it seems the file has got corrupted at some point (most likely when the site crashed that time).

try sending gpf a pm or an email (he was last active on the site 1 Dec 2009)

He also used to hang out in the irc channel from time to time, so you could try there.

frogstompwin
February 21st, 2010, 06:42
Your not the only one with the issue , I tried downloading a file from here and got the same issue.
mate, here, you guys got it totally wrong. i have the problem, but forgot how to fix it. its actually because you should be redirected to a html version of the page, then itll work. it seems i dont know hot to redirect. by the way, dont try adding html.

splodger15
February 21st, 2010, 12:32
mate, here, you guys got it totally wrong. i have the problem, but forgot how to fix it. its actually because you should be redirected to a html version of the page, then itll work. it seems i dont know hot to redirect. by the way, dont try adding html.

All I want is one file that I can't find anywhere else

S'Gues_
February 21st, 2010, 20:10
...you can always copy the filename including the extension to a Google search and see if the file has been uploaded to a server of where the file may still be in existence. Google shows many entries from that file.
hmm. Do you mean Z2meMidp2.zip? Actually I haven't found a single alternative link to download the file..

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2010, 21:57
as i said gpf hang about the irc chat room from time to time, you could ask him there
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/vbjirc/vbjirc.php

VampDude
February 21st, 2010, 23:01
Actually I haven't found a single alternative link to download the file..

I have, just search.

Or just to make things that much easier for you...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-6429.html

S'Gues_
February 22nd, 2010, 09:22
VampDude, the case is the following: what you've found is a midp1 version while Z2meMidp2.zip is for midp2. It seems I've tried searching everything I can including e2k and this forum is the only place that might host this file.

Darksaviour69, thank you

Managed to download from the same link. Thanks for fixing it (or whatever's been fixed) :-)