PDA

View Full Version : Gizmondo creator touts smart phone scheme !

wraggster
November 7th, 2004, 02:48
It's only just started shipping its Gizmondo handheld games console but Tiger Telematics has already said it plans to challenge the likes of Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, HTC, PalmOne and Research in Motion with a smart phone product.[br][br]Dubbed 'Bizmondo', the unit is essentially an enterprise-oriented version of the Gizmondo, incorporating that machine's GPS support, GSM/GPRS and Bluetooth connectivity, along with its MP3 audio and MPEG 4 video playback features.[br][br]The announcement follows Tiger's acquisition of UK-based corporate-oriented real-time application delivery software developer Integra SP. Integra's AltioLive product essentially provided a way of connecting clients to enterprise applications through a browser-launched Java client. Such a system would naturally form the foundation for Bizmondo's push email/PIM functionality and provide the ability to tie the handheld into enterprise applications and data.[br][br]Integra will continue to develop, support and offer AltioLive. And presumably it will in due course promote Bizmondo to its corporate customers, among whom it counts heavyweights in the financial services sectors, including Nasdaq, Deutsche Borse, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, Coutts, Bank of America and ABN Amro. Other customers include Reuters, Bloomberg and Sun Microsystems.[br][br]The acquisition requires Integra shareholder approval but if that is granted, the deal will be completed by the end of the month. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.[br][br]Earlier this week, Tiger announced its acquisition of troubled UK games developer Warthog for $8m.

WHurricane16
November 7th, 2004, 08:59
http://www.tigertelematics.com/

Very cool intro :)

Earlier this week, Tiger announced its acquisition of troubled UK games developer Warthog for $8m.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/563/563195p1.html

wraggster
November 7th, 2004, 09:07
damn powerful console

we shall see how good it does

krowstrife
November 7th, 2004, 11:21
imo the gizmondo or bizmondo won't sell for crap, at least not in the US for many reasons
first being the price its ridiculy high priced ($419)
and well the ds and psp are coming out and they are less the half the price and we still think $150 is way to much for a gameboy

but i will buy it

PS. wragg did you know it will have Conflict desert storm 2 and vietnam, i cant remember if you liked those games or not

kujo29
November 8th, 2004, 13:53
2 ppl in the uk have bought gizmondo's off ebay 1 went for £360 (i think it was) and the other last i looked was upto £580 :-/

wraggster
November 8th, 2004, 14:12
jesus thats a lot

n00b
November 25th, 2004, 09:02
bloody heck thats a lot. u can buy 1 from the website www.gizmondo.com for £230