PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man DS Scans

wraggster
July 20th, 2006, 14:18
Juex France has posted a ton of scans of the new Mega Man game for the DS, check em out here --> http://jeux-france.com/news16652_new-mega-man-ds-premieres-images.html

battleroyalex
July 20th, 2006, 15:59
nice I want it

Sonict
July 20th, 2006, 19:35
That is awesome!!!

I love playing the Battle Network Series. I can't wait until this is released. I will buy this for sure.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 20th, 2006, 20:16
Feh. It's not Megaman. It's some random crap.

I'll be waiting for a platformer, thanks.

GobboFett
July 21st, 2006, 18:08
Mmmmm, MegaMan goodness. I've played Battle Networks 1 through 5 (haven't had a chance with 6 yet :( ) and this series has just been getting better and better. Can't wait :D

The Hombrew Hunter
July 21st, 2006, 18:17
MEGAMAN SERIES SPOILERS AHEAD! IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH 8, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER!

I gave up Network when the cut Django, the Count of Groundsoaking Blood, and the Boktai quest in 6 in America.

It won't be megaman unless he's a robot and he's shootin' up some Robot Masters in platformers again. Sometime before whenever he killed Wily.

JKKDARK
July 21st, 2006, 19:42
Amazing :p

GobboFett
July 22nd, 2006, 08:21
MEGAMAN SERIES SPOILERS AHEAD! IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH 8, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER!

I gave up Network when the cut Django, the Count of Groundsoaking Blood, and the Boktai quest in 6 in America.

It won't be megaman unless he's a robot and he's shootin' up some Robot Masters in platformers again. Sometime before whenever he killed Wily.

What's wrong with Django? When I saw him in BN4, He totally kicked some ShadeMan a$$. Although I have never played Boktai before so...YEAH :p

cloud_952
July 22nd, 2006, 10:00

o_O Rockman ("Megaman") never, ever killed Wily. Not only did he not do it, he COULDN'T, as noted in some of the games (I think RM/MM7, and in one of the arcade games, "Rockman Power Fighters" or somesuch), he can't kill Wily because of the rules that govern him.

What's more, Wily made Zero, and there's strong evidence that he still survives well into the time of Rockman/Megaman X. That series never deals with his death, so it's assumed that he probably dies naturally, many years after Rockman/Megaman is dead.

So.. yeah. Just a technical accuracy thing. Also, what about Rockman Dash (Megaman Legends)? Must've not liked that either. But according to you "blasting Robot Masters" theory, then all the Zero games and ZX suck. o_O Soo.. yeah. Must be lonely, not having a Rockman/Megaman game you're willing to like in.. what, 8-9 years?

The Hombrew Hunter
July 22nd, 2006, 20:23
Na, I love the Zero and ZX, but I'd rather have fully chargable busters and elemental weapons killing masters of robots. The battle networks and this next one won't cut it for me. All this computer crap is just...not true Megaman to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the battle network series, I just can never call it Megaman.

I remember somewhere in the Megaman series he broke the main rule of robots and just got rid of Wily, once and for all, starting the X series.

And I've beaten all the Megamans and X's (besides 6-8), so I know Wily created Zero, it's simple DUH. I still own the original 6 cartridges in working condition.

cloud_952
July 23rd, 2006, 06:06
I remember somewhere in the Megaman series he broke the main rule of robots and just got rid of Wily, once and for all, starting the X series.

Nope.. that never happened. None of the tellings of the start of Megaman X (the SNES game or the remake on the PSP) state the end of Wily, or even deal with it. The end of the Megaman series also never dealt with the end of Wily. In fact, the end of the Megaman series is before X's creation. X and Zero were created at a similar time, so it's safe to say that Megaman never killed Wily, especially not in the game's storyline. From the information in X5, it's safe to say that Wily is still alive at that time, due to some cryptic comments.

Megaman never once in the series breaks the rules of robotics. This was a critical difference between him and X, in that X has the ability to choose, but doesn't want to hurt people if he doesn't have to.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 23rd, 2006, 06:12
Hmm. Odd. Anyway.

Zero was actually created while Megaman and Bass were existant. Zero was programmed to destroy Megaman, because Bass failed so many times.

Perhaps he did, then X was created? Who knows?

cloud_952
July 23rd, 2006, 22:55
Zero was actually created while Megaman and Bass were existant. Zero was programmed to destroy Megaman, because Bass failed so many times.

Perhaps he did, then X was created? Who knows?

We know from "Power Fighters 2" that Wily has the designs for Zero, but it's never stated or shown that he actually finishes Zero during the Megaman timeline or anywhere soon after. While it's true that Wily did make a new robot to replace Bass in getting rid of Megaman and to do his bidding, that was King (from Megaman and Bass, on the SNES/GBA). It's also never said that Zero is programmed to destroy Megaman. In fact, from Zero's dream in X4, we can tell that Wily had quite a different (and less specific) mission for him.

We also have no real reason to believe that Zero was created before X. However, judging by Light's actions, X was not created to deal with a threat, and definitely not in a hurry. He put his new "toy" in a capsule for 100 years, which is something you really don't do if there's a psycho robot murderer running around. In fact, seeing as that Zero was pretty much a psycho murder machine (as noted when Sigma fought him) and that we also know he was in a stasis pod like X (shown in X4, and you see the pod in X5), I'd say it's safe to say that Zero wasn't active until just prior to his first battle with Sigma (when Sigma was the leader of the Maverick Hunters), when Sigma took Zero in. I just can't imagine that Zero would go out and kill Megaman, sit around for 80-100 years doing absolutely nothing, and then act the way he did in the battle with the Maverick hunters. It's much more likely that Zero was only actived just prior to that, long after Megaman was "dead and buried", so to speak.

After all, Protoman, Bass, Roll, and all the others are gone too. Just one of those things that happens with time, I guess. But the series never deals with their end.