PDA

View Full Version : WAD Dumper PRO v1.0 Released!

wraggster
July 20th, 2006, 14:29
News via PSP3D (http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/10084-wad-dumper-pro-v1-0-released.html)

Ever wanted to make your own iteration of Doom/Quake? RevolutionX, Mista Bones, and Static have just released the first version of WAD Dumper PRO, a PC application which opens, allows you to edit and examine WADs, and save changes to WAD filetypes. WADs are used in a variety of modular 'pak' games, such as Doom and Quake, and contain the core information of the entire game. By editing the files inside, from the sound files to the graphics, one can essentially compile their own version of Doom, which can then be loaded on the PSP. Props to the entire team for this release, can't wait to see some new WADs!

Features in v1.0 include:
- Graphics preview.
- Sound preview.
- Separate WAD file dumping allowed.
- Complete WAD editing available (tutorial will be posted next version).
- WAD files listing.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

-LO-LEADER1
July 20th, 2006, 15:22
Thats a great idea.I'll hit dat. lol

Tetris999
July 20th, 2006, 16:42
can we port starcraft with this?

Emeriastone
July 20th, 2006, 17:18
sweet, I'll give it a try

Pelnied
July 20th, 2006, 17:50
im gonna use real soon! lol that would be sooo sweet! GUYS I GOT AN IDEA!!! our own like Id programming team kinda thing! we decompile wads and we make a completly new game out of them!

samthegreat68
July 20th, 2006, 22:38
this is awesome! i have tried other peoples mods of doom, but none of them worked. so now i guess i can just make my own!

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 01:25
Umm... No. This is made to modify the wad files in doom or quake, and I have used a program like this before but it edited .pak files (for quake2) instead of .wad's.

shenske37
July 21st, 2006, 01:42
this is really exciting!

since this is more user friendly, imagine if someone made a halo mod of doom 2 (i wish).

dare to dream

The_Lead_Factor
July 21st, 2006, 04:18
Starcraft and other blizzard games use MPQ files not WAD or PAK files.

r-complex
July 27th, 2006, 09:25
Guess I'll have ta.. Fire Up Virtual PC again!
---------------------------------------------------
No Worries.. I'm on a Mac!

Stealth Kill
December 9th, 2006, 19:42
It exports the files as .lmp files
how can i export the textures as bmp or jpg??