PDA

View Full Version : Iris Mapping Compo?

PSmonkey
July 20th, 2006, 18:08
Would anybody be interested in seeing a Map compo for iris? I have though about this and talked to wraggster and we think it could be a good idea to breath some more life into iris.

Prize will probably be a game of choice and maybe a few other things (if I get some suport for the prize).

thoughts?

Accordion
July 20th, 2006, 19:11
great idea
and although i doubt ill be entering having never done a map in the past, i did say i would donate a while ago(i sort of forgot, oops) so how about 50 USD to be shared between yourself and the winner?

ALF
July 20th, 2006, 19:26
:eek: Ya! a map competition would be awsome, id love to enter that, I dont know if ill win but it would be nice to see my map in the line-up:p

xtreameracer01
July 20th, 2006, 19:35
I would also enjoy entering a mapping competition....

EDIT: There should also be catagories, such as "Halo Mod Map", "Best Original Idea", etc....

Accordion
July 20th, 2006, 20:54
i think it should only be original entries allowed
I HATE HALO !

ALF
July 21st, 2006, 02:08
i think it should only be original entries allowed
I HATE HALO !

Don't Hate Appreciate:p

Why dont u make it a a Team effort. but free for all is good...:rolleyes:

PSPKOR
July 21st, 2006, 12:31
Sounds like a good idea, i wouldn't mind entering it, also it may make more people start making Iris maps and there could be some interesting ones.

BrooksyX
July 21st, 2006, 14:51
Yeah it would be a great idea. i would enter.

Buddy4point0
July 21st, 2006, 19:02
sounds cool ill probly lose but its worth a shot

Produkt
July 22nd, 2006, 01:27
I was at the halo 2 release just to buy a copy and snap it at the register....

2 kids actualy cried :P

gangsta_psp
July 22nd, 2006, 02:09
Oh yeah. People my age (teenagers) just LOVE halo. I havent played it yet, since I dont have an xbox, but I am getting a 360 sometime this month hopefully.
Back to topic: Yes a mapping competition for Iris would be friggin sweet! I dont know how to map, but this is a great idea!

BrooksyX
July 22nd, 2006, 03:06
I was at the halo 2 release just to buy a copy and snap it at the register....

2 kids actualy cried :P

funny;)

Produkt
July 22nd, 2006, 03:54
we will judge on 3 criteria if we do it

Gameplay
Visual Appeal
Performance

Shilo
July 22nd, 2006, 06:09
This will be pretty cool! I think I might join in the fun :D

xtreameracer01
July 22nd, 2006, 18:05
All we need is a set date for the maps to be turned in.....also are we allowed to enter more than one map? 2-3 max

Produkt
July 22nd, 2006, 18:56
I'll be the judge, because I'm supream at mapping and all :P

Rules:
- Participants may submit as many entries as they wish, but they may only win one place. quantity is not reccomended, quality is.
- Joint Efforts are not permitted (Help* may be permitted but joint entries are not)
- Participants are not allowed to enter a map already release, nor update a map they have released, if the map was worked on before the contest was discussed but not release it will be permitted
- Submissions require both the compiled map and the source map (I'm the only one going to see it, its to judge for optomization)
- Your entry must be submitted in a zip or rar with a readme stating your idea for the map, credits to the texture artist (If you didnt make them) and contact info along with your textures, .map and .bsp

once we can think about this a little more, we can set up a date.

BrooksyX
July 22nd, 2006, 20:06
sweet i already have a few maps up my sleeve and more to come.

Shilo
August 14th, 2006, 19:53
Any more news on the mapping compo?

xtreameracer01
August 17th, 2006, 20:02
Not that i have seen........

TNR360
August 17th, 2006, 21:01
Halo was boring for me
then again I can't stand science fiction games