PDA

View Full Version : VSHExtender 0.1 for 1.50 with custom firmware

wraggster
July 20th, 2006, 18:32
JasonUK the master of the Legal Devhook UMD Version has released a utility for use with Custom Firmware, heres the readme:

VSHExtender module for 1.50 by jas0nuk
Version 0.1
------------------------------------------
Partially based on BOOSTER's code but largely rewritten for 1.50 firmware.

This module adds 'extensions' to your 1.50 VSH/XMB that can be accessed via keypresses.
It should be used with the Dark_AleX custom firmware or a similar custom firmware that allows you to use external modules.

Features
--------

- Press HOME + SELECT in the XMB to change the CPU and GPU speeds, steps are 133/66, 222/111, 266/133, and 333/166
- Press HOME + CIRCLE in the XMB to change the CPU speed to 30MHz and the GPU to 50MHz. This makes the XMB become a little laggy but is fine for playing AT3 music or AVC video as this is hardware decoded
- Press HOME + L TRIGGER to execute ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/DEVBOOT.PBP - this is yet ANOTHER way of booting DevHook instantly into 2.71 firmware, but now you can do it after startup
- Press HOME + R TRIGGER to get battery percentage, voltage and temperature information.

Installation
-----------
.. is very simple, just add the line

loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"

to your config.txt in ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM.
Alternatively, if this line is already taken by another module, add it as

loadmodule1 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
or loadmodule2 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
or loadmodule3 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
etc...

Then copy vshex.prx from the SYSTEM folder in the attached archive into your ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM folder
( Note: the archive is a little messed up, SYSTEM should be inside PSP, not outside :/ )

This mod has been tested by me countless times, and works fine with Dark_Alex's custom firmware and it's variants, such as LordSturms' and harleyg's 0.1 and 0.2 custom firmware.

Please make your feature requests and bug reports here.

Currently requested features
- Battery meter - DONE!
- "AutoUSB" (press a button combo and USB is activated instantly, and a warning is shown on the screen until it is deactivated with the same keys)
- AIOMod.prx compatibility
- Customizable button combos
- Backlight deactivator

Most of these will make it into 0.2

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

grit
July 20th, 2006, 18:51
I'm using this for the last day or so, loaded with Dark_Alex's CFW POC, and I just love it! :)

The Winds of Change are coming..

tophead420
July 21st, 2006, 08:01
lol iv had this forlike 3 dayz now and its really handy i luv it cant wait tillthis is released with a new version

grit
July 21st, 2006, 13:01
cant wait tillthis is released with a new version

It seems that there will be no new release of this module. jas0nuK is working on another project: 0x89
Correction: He still workin on it after all :D

jas0nuk
July 21st, 2006, 13:41
I'm now spending my development time on 0x89.
However I have added a few features to the source and am fixing AIOmod compatibility, so I might release a new version in the next few days.