PDA

View Full Version : The most expensive game ever made is…

Shrygue
February 25th, 2010, 19:52
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37731/The-most-expensive-game-ever-made-is)

The reliability of the numbers can certainly be called into question, but a new report from Digital Battle claims to have identified the ten most expensive video games of all time – and it’s Grand Theft Auto IV that tops the pile.

With a rumoured budget of $100m, Rockstar’s game finishes above the likes of Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo ($80m), Sega’s Dreamcast epic Shenmue ($70), Microsoft’s commercial flop Too Human ($60m) and PS3 hit Metal Gear Solid 4 ($60m).

Here’s the list in full:

1. Grand Theft Auto 4: $100 million
2. Gran Turismo: $80 million
3. Shenmue: $70 million
4. Too Human: $60 million plus
5. Metal Gear Solid 4: $60 million
6. Halo 3: $55 million
7. APB: $50 million
8. L.A. Noire: $50 million
9. Final Fantasy XII: $48 million
10. Killzone 2: US$45 million

symbal
February 25th, 2010, 20:58
I'd be more interested seeing the top 10 with combined production, promotion and profits, i know MW2 is top but be good to see the best and worst value for money games.

Sterist
February 25th, 2010, 23:17
notice CoD isn't anywhere on that list.

activision's money scheme

XDelusion
February 26th, 2010, 06:34
What a waste!!! I mean I really loved playing some of those games, some of them were very exciting, very artistic, and so forth, but like with the movie industry, do we really need to blow so much time, money, and effort on entertainment? What does the entertainment medium teach us about the world, our selves, the people around us?

Shouldn't the powers that be start preparing us for survival, and teachings us how to protect our sovereignty? I mean they always talk about empowering us, and how much they care about life, and livelihood and other such crap.

Insomniac-Evolution
February 26th, 2010, 14:11
What a waste!!! I mean I really loved playing some of those games, some of them were very exciting, very artistic, and so forth, but like with the movie industry, do we really need to blow so much time, money, and effort on entertainment? What does the entertainment medium teach us about the world, our selves, the people around us?

Shouldn't the powers that be start preparing us for survival, and teachings us how to protect our sovereignty? I mean they always talk about empowering us, and how much they care about life, and livelihood and other such crap.

LOL emo talk? come on man, if u consider the money devided between developers, then really it's given people a job and money, ok maybe good money for some lol u act like it goes to one source...