PDA

View Full Version : Pictochat for the PSP???Please Help

jigga05
July 20th, 2006, 20:23
Hey do you think there's any way off makin a PSP to PSP chatter similar to NDS's pictochat. Or maybe its possible to make an App that the PSP can use to edit pictures and add fonts then simply save the picture and send it to another psp as a note......I kno it would be a bit difficult to use but I think it wud be great to be able to talk to other PSP's. I'd really like ppl's ideas and help with this.

Cap'n 1time
July 21st, 2006, 05:02
Im hoping to see a good IRC client for the psp... sadly the only one that currently exists just dosnt want to work for me correctly..

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 05:14
there is the AFKIM IM program, that allows for IM over PSP to other peoples AIM, MSN, or Yahoo.. so it would be possable to go over 2 PSPs on Yahoo talking to eachother... but what your talking about could just be to complicated.. making a picture and transfering over WiFi could be very time consuming, and for what? I mean DS has the stylus and touch screen so you can draw, PSP you would end up using the analog, and coming up with square images all the time..

have you ever tried using PSP paint? it just doesent work very well to draw with a joystick...

jigga05
July 23rd, 2006, 21:56
No I mean like a Chat without the use of wifi. and instead of drawin with the paint y cant u choose letters or something?

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 22:11
An adhoc messenger would be nice and is possible. It might even be able to be done in lua, but im not sure as I havent checked out the list of lua functions in a while.

jigga05
July 24th, 2006, 23:24
An adhoc messenger would be nice and is possible. It might even be able to be done in lua, but im not sure as I havent checked out the list of lua functions in a while.

Yea this is what i'm talking about Adhoc. Chatting to other PSP's close by without a wifi connection. I'd really like to kno if sum 1 is willing to take on this type of project. I would do it but unfortunately i have no program writing skills. I think it's a good idea, but does ne 1 else?

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 23:50
I could if they update luaplayer for Windows to a later version, so I can test it as I go along.

jman420
July 26th, 2006, 03:14
ohhh alright, yeah that would be interesting, but as the range of the PSP is only about 100 feet, you may as well talk to the person your messaging lol...

jigga05
July 26th, 2006, 23:42
ohhh alright, yeah that would be interesting, but as the range of the PSP is only about 100 feet, you may as well talk to the person your messaging lol...

Yea u may as well talk to the person but it would be more for purposes such as in a church setting or in a classroom were u have limited communication. I think its still worth a shot.

jigga05
July 26th, 2006, 23:45
I could if they update luaplayer for Windows to a later version, so I can test it as I go along.

I think its great:) that your voluntaring to help do this and i thank you in advance. Plz while your tryin to do this if i can help in ne way let me kno and keep me posted at [email protected]

RaiderX
July 28th, 2006, 18:24
well, you can send pctures to friends with PSPs in 2.0+, so with devhook you can do that. But now we need a good app to write messages. Theres quite a few PSPaint programs for this, but in all the time it would take to do this, it would just be easier to talk to your friend :P

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 18:43
pictochat is useless, you can talk to the person youre messanging to anyways.

Raiderx, i love your avatar, its from my favorite Simpsons episode! :D

crait
July 28th, 2006, 18:47
i dont think there will be any need of a chatter, such as pictochat
i mean, why would anyone wanna chat to someone that they can just walk over to and talk in person?

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2006, 21:24
i dont think there will be any need of a chatter, such as pictochat
i mean, why would anyone wanna chat to someone that they can just walk over to and talk in person?
4 words. cyber sex in church.

Crimson_Lotus
July 29th, 2006, 23:05
4 words. cyber sex in church.

Damn straight:D