PDA

View Full Version : Sony exec says PSP Go 'confused' consumers, might have been too expensive

wraggster
February 25th, 2010, 22:18
Well, we've already heard some rumors that Sony was considering a relaunch of sorts for the PSP Go, and it looks like at least some execs from the company are now starting to speak publicly about why such a move might be necessary. In an interview with IndustryGamers, SCEA Senior Vice President of Publisher Relations Rob Dyer admitted that the PSP Go did "confuse" customers, and that the "higher price point didn't help matters any either" -- not exactly the sort of thing you hear Sony say every day. Does that mean we'll be seeing updated hardware or a lower price anytime soon? Dyer unsurprisingly wouldn't say when pressed, adding only that Sony is "going back and re-communicating" with consumers.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/25/sony-exec-says-psp-go-did-confuse-consumers-might-have-been-t/

Sterist
February 25th, 2010, 23:14
Sony's V8 moment.

symbal
February 25th, 2010, 23:30
Their own fault for not sorting out PSN before they released the thing.

mike_jmg
February 26th, 2010, 00:09
Exactly

I was planing to get one, but seeing a lot of games I like are not yet on PSN made me decline, why in hell would I get a console in which I cannot play the games I like, because of sony's lazy ass

240-185
February 26th, 2010, 09:54
The main problem of the PSP Go is the hardware itself!

Why other devices mainly based on digital download work (even Archos)? Because their conceptors didn't conceive a device clearly incompatible with more than half of its potential market (games, applications and accessories).

Not putting an UMD drive, changing the Memory Stick format, and changing the USB ports are the stupidest things Sony has done.

Justise
February 27th, 2010, 00:33
All PSP-GO needs is a re-lunch with a lower price and a way to load your existing UMDs on it's hard drive.
IMO they shouldn't even be bothered to fix the absence of key tittles on PSN, as long as they give you a way to add your existing games on it's hard drive!