PDA

View Full Version : PSPVBA-Suggestions-Anyone?

wraggster
July 20th, 2006, 22:37
In ZX-81s forum he has posted for suggestions to improve his GBA Emulator, note that asking for speed is what we all want but if you want to join in the discussion and get new features added to the best GBA Emulator for the PSP then check out the topic here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29299

aaroncort
July 20th, 2006, 23:10
Thanks for creating this thread. I've a few sugestions for your burgeoning emulator. I'd like for it to have hot keys for some of its features. For example, Holding down r1 and pressing (blank) for quick save and load and the other functions that can currently only be accesed in the emulators menu. snes9xtyl 0.4.2 is a great example of this implemented.

Personally I'd also like it to be full speed compatable with mother 3 when it's doen being translated by a group of fans which will probably be done sometime this fall. But I know that's asking a lot and perhaps too much! ;)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 20th, 2006, 23:33
More focus on speed as oposed to sound if possible now that your 1.5 using kernal and Me support

dublas1980
July 20th, 2006, 23:34
thats true!! But you are asking to much stuff "ZX-81" is not Santa for the big list :D

Well in second thought it will be great too. :D :D

borikua_rocks
July 20th, 2006, 23:52
Im actually quite fond of the user interface utilized in snes9xTYL. If something like that can be implemented it would surely make it a nice. I guess speed would be a commen issue that could be adressed. More than compatability or sound. If it plays a majority of games smoothly, than sound can be optional. After speed (fps) is adressed, I would imagine compatability would be next and last sound. after that special things can be added for example .zip support, Auto-Installer (for the noobz) and even a "backwards compatability" option where its possible to play GB and GBC games. of course, like I said, the first and formost should be Speed.

KingPepper
July 21st, 2006, 00:55
1 - A Tutorial to Explain what each Option Does on the Menu!!

2 - Speed & how to Speed the Emulator up as much as Possible in the Tutorial!!

3 - Sound / Music - How to Clear up the Sound / Music in the Tutorial

4 - as Mentioned by someone else Add a Hotkey for the Gamesaves (Example put Hotkey on SELECT)
Press that & a list of the five Gamesave should show themselves, choose which 1 you wish then it would save it on that 1 & return back to the game!!

5 - Change Emulator Menu to Start instead!!

6 - Replace Load Rom & Back to Game, up the Top of the Menu!!

7 - Winrar or Zip Support for the Roms to reduce space Required!!

That LOT should keep you well BUSY :D

mavsman4457
July 21st, 2006, 01:30
mp3 playback and a text reader built in so we can look at walkthroughs and faqs.

tsurumaru
July 21st, 2006, 02:07
mp3 playback and a text reader built in so we can look at walkthroughs and faqs.

Mp3 playback is a waste of the developers time IMHO, why do so many people seem to want this? Are you planning on being in the menu screen for the majority of your time? Its pretty processor heavy to use in game without affecting the performance of the emulator otherwise.....

mameuser
July 21st, 2006, 02:07
Just Speed and speak a 1000 words

migsgiz
July 21st, 2006, 02:16
playing gb/gbc/gba in one single emu that would be cool!

oninotsume
July 21st, 2006, 03:03
I think I speak for about 90% of the people out there when I say, the thing we are looking forward to the most is SPEED. All other options, menus, etc., come second to just having the games run as close to the actual GBA speed as possible.

Based on what I've seen with other emulators that have achieved near perfect speed, it's probably best to go with 1.5's access to most of the system RAM. It would also be great if you could implement some kind of seperate sound engine like TYL did for the SNES emulator.

Good luck.:)

danknugz
July 21st, 2006, 03:29
i have been using snestyl since it was first introduced on the palm os, infact, yoyofr is the reason i GOT a psp in the first place.
i only say this bacause i got to watch that awesome emulator evolve from almost the begining, and some features come and go. the most imporant with that one was the many different screen modes and gamma correction, the background snes music in the menu is a nice touch.it is the most feature packed emulator anywhere. any emulator woth its salt shold try to emulate this emulator!

gamer121
July 21st, 2006, 03:30
*pictured save states

*make a better interface for the emu like the SNEStyl one

cant think of anything else

under_0ath777
July 21st, 2006, 03:59
ui most importantly and a .txt reader would be nice

Cap'n 1time
July 21st, 2006, 04:57
I really hope to break some kids hearts tonight.
stfu about the speed kids. that comes without questions. if you dont have anything of any relevance to suggest then keep your dumb mouths shut.
Whoever is asking for a gbc/gb/sgb/cgb emulator in addition to this fails to realize that that would involve coding another emulator. The actual GBA hardware does not emulate the gb, seperate hardware does that.
--------------------
idears*
I think the ability to hide layers is always kind of usefull (and it could effect the speed these kids are all giddy about)

GS, AR, etc codes are always fun!

Support for the pc emulators save states if thats not already included.

As stated above, a txt editor is always kind of usefull and it could allow us to modify GS, AR, etc codes.

smith1
July 21st, 2006, 05:01
stfu about the speed kids. that comes without questions. if you dont have anything of any relevance to suggest then keep your dumb mouths shut.
Whoever is asking for a gbc/gb/sgb/cgb emulator in addition to this fails to realize that that would involve coding another emulator. The actual GBA hardware does not emulate the gb, seperate hardware does that.
--------------------
idears*
I think the ability to hide layers is always kind of usefull (and it could effect the speed these kids are all giddy about)

As stated above, a txt editor is always kind of usefull and it could allow us to modify GS, AR, etc codes.Wow, who shat in your cereal?

And to add: I'd like more SPEEEEEEEDDDDDD

Festizzio
July 21st, 2006, 06:13
--------------------
idears*

As stated above, a txt editor is always kind of usefull and it could allow us to modify GS, AR, etc codes.
Umm, he asked US what we wanted in the emulator, if we want speed, then we want speed. Why don't you keep your dumb mouth shut.

Airdevil
July 21st, 2006, 08:09
I dont know about you, but all ide love to see is the original GBA start-up animation lol! Like ive seen sprite forms of this ripped on the internet.

As well as obviously the speed

mr_nick666
July 21st, 2006, 08:39
Personally Action Replay and Game Shark codes would be cool :) Zip support would be good too (my memory card fills up so quickly - 2gb worth of homebrews! :D )

compoman386
July 21st, 2006, 10:58
I THINK that 1timeuser was just trying to point out that the actual gba, when playing an old gb, or gbc cartridge, it does so with additional hardware, that hardware is not emulated by VBAPSP. So asking for one that does both would reduce the speed of the emu

nexus68
July 21st, 2006, 11:20
Zip support is already implemented :rolleyes:

tophead420
July 21st, 2006, 12:05
hmmm what do i want to see in this emu uhhh well id like it to have better speed but thats takes time and is one thing that it will have in later releases maybe make it have a txt veiwer and better menu system(put the options in categories so its not all cramed in one spot) and maybe in the menu put desciptions of what the options do like snes9xtyl has uhhh maybe an option to change menu background and font color so your version of the emu is unique and not exactly the same has everyone elses lets see what else well im out of ideas but ill add more when i have a good one lol and o yeah cheat code system

poopster22
July 21st, 2006, 12:14
it would be cool ifthere was a speed and sound improvment...nice emulator.

under_0ath777
July 21st, 2006, 12:19
flame a mod = bad news :P

charltonheston
July 21st, 2006, 14:19
Firstly I'd like to say that if 1timeuser is a mod on this forum then he/she is not setting a good example with the attitude displayed. No matter what point you want to make you always lose respect from people by acting in such a manner.

Secondly my suggestion would like to increased stability. ZX81 has done great in getting the speed and the sound quality much more improved than possibly any other PSP GBA emulator out there but the stability of the emulation does not seem as great as that of PSPGBA. If he could have the speed and the sound of the PSPVBA and the stability of the PSPGBA then this would be great.

Cap'n 1time
July 21st, 2006, 21:43
Thank you so much for the un-wanted lecture. Kudos for the reversed, back on topic paragraph. Even so a warning has been given that I will probably be yelled at about by someone later. As said above its best not to correct a moderator.

I dont concider "OMG SPEEEEED!" a suggestion.. I concider it a waste of cyber space.

dublas1980
July 21st, 2006, 23:19
I think I speak for about 90% of the people out there when I say, the thing we are looking forward to the most is SPEED. All other options, menus, etc., come second to just having the games run as close to the actual GBA speed as possible.

Based on what I've seen with other emulators that have achieved near perfect speed, it's probably best to go with 1.5's access to most of the system RAM. It would also be great if you could implement some kind of seperate sound engine like TYL did for the SNES emulator.

Good luck.:)

Yep he got a point guys!:eek: ......:D

zx-81
July 21st, 2006, 23:24
I THINK that 1timeuser was just trying to point out that the actual gba, when playing an old gb, or gbc cartridge, it does so with additional hardware, that hardware is not emulated by VBAPSP. So asking for one that does both would reduce the speed of the emu

In fact in the original source code of VBA you can play GB / GBC games. I've removed this code first to make it smaller (consume less memory), and second to focus on GBA emulation which is the goal here. If someone want a GB or GBC emu, there are already very good one :)

dublas1980
July 21st, 2006, 23:35
--------------------
idears*

Double yep he got a very strong point right there. But we are asking too much. please be patient and control your selfs. YOu now that he is doing his best to make this emu to work 100% please ask for something like auto frame skipping it will be nice too.:D

And thanks Zx- 81 to make this a nice work:)

smith1
July 21st, 2006, 23:59
edit: 1time. then go back to your site.

Aw, you're editing my posts.
http://www.mybabycantalk.com/images/Cute-Baby-Boy-Crying.gif

Festizzio
July 22nd, 2006, 00:51
I'm not sure if it was read in the other thread, but sram save support would be nice.

the one and only
July 22nd, 2006, 01:51
^^ that would be nice, also me support

Basil Zero
July 22nd, 2006, 23:15
OMG My post was deleted

anyways, here i'll post it again

---Improvement of Speed
---Improvement of Sound
---16+MBs games must work
---Better Icons
---Better Backgrounds
---Sram support(i agree with other people)
---Sleep Mode
---Frames Per Second listed must EXCEED 10(its so annoying that it doesnt)
---Small intro kinda like SNES 9x TYL

Good Luck Dude!