PDA

View Full Version : Want to play NTSC games

Dinkk
February 26th, 2010, 16:44
Good afternoon all, I have an autistic 5 year old that loves his wii, when he gets stuck on levels he runs off to my laptop and watches walkthroughs on Youtube, this has created a problem for us that he is seeing other games and desiring them! The latest is Mario super sluggers which i ordered online not realising that it wont play on a PAL wii. I have never modded or tampered with the wii and is is updated to 4.2E firmware. I have read the forums and downloaded Gecko 1931 and startpatch4.2PAL. I am not interested in playing "backed up" games i just want to stop incesant whining and appear to be super dad to my boy. Which one of these programms (or any other i should be looking at) will enable me to load this game, and is there any reprocussions installing either. What i am really trying to say is "how can i get this game to run on my 4.2E PAL wii"
I appreciate the answers are here somewhere but i have been looking and theres seems to be a lot of smoke. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I had to mess around with homebrew and gekko and a few youtube tutorials managed to get the game to work although the colours are kinda pixilated. machine locked up a couple of times but it didnt get borked.

I was once told its the thought that counts, so ty to those that thought about helping.

VampDude
February 26th, 2010, 21:01
Try the banner bomb, then install Any Region Changer.

Something that is handy to have once the Homebrew Channel has been installed via the banner bomb hack, is the Homebrew Browser.

You can find all you need to download here:

www.wiibrew.org

I would be more helpful, but I've neglected my Wii just recently in favour of SONY's console.

But to be somewhat helpful, you can save the Homebrew Channel to an SD card and remove the icon from the Wii menu and placing it there every time it's needed (since it's installed). Restricting any unforeseen mishaps. :)

ebi
September 16th, 2010, 10:46
Thanks for the link i also was wondering how to play ntsc on pal - my mod chip says it is turned on but no look as yet - will try the homebrew way.

many thanks