PDA

View Full Version : Less than 1 out of every 5,000 DS Lites cracks, claims Nintendo

wraggster
July 21st, 2006, 00:13
Via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/20/less-than-1-out-of-every-5-000-ds-lites-cracks-claims-nintendo/)

Nintendo finally got back to us about reports of cracked DS Lite hinges. Here's the official statement we were sent:

"In the U.S., the reported number of small cosmetic cracks in the plastic hinge of DS Lite systems represents less than 0.02 percent of the total units sold. This cosmetic issue in no way impacts the gameplay or integrity of the DS Lite. Nintendo stands behind the quality of our products and encourages DS Lite owners to contact our Customer Service Department if they are not happy with the functionality of their systems."

The 0.02% figure is based solely on reported cracked hinges, and as such, does not reflect the actual percentage of defective DS Lites. While merely cosmetic -- know that some reports claim the damage can worsen -- the crack, in our opinion, should be considered under the DS Lite's warranty. But don't go crying to Customer Service just yet ... if the instance is as rare -- and harmless -- as Nintendo claims, these imperfections will no doubt end up as collector's items sold on eBay. Who wants to place the first bid on ours?

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 10:10
Thats impressive. I though it would be higher.

GobboFett
July 21st, 2006, 18:02
*cough*YEAH, suuuuure. This coming from the same company that would not give me a new DS as mine had "less than 10" dead pixels :(

The Hombrew Hunter
July 21st, 2006, 18:37
How many'd ya have?

stotheamuel
July 21st, 2006, 19:00
This is BS

I just bought 5,000 ds's and 2 of them were cracked!#@#

I'm steeming over here

stepppp
July 21st, 2006, 20:44
bullshit, i know about 10 people that have lites...6 of them have cracks.

Load of arse talk IMO.

GobboFett
July 22nd, 2006, 08:15
How many'd ya have?

I had 2 so I suppose that isn't THAT bad. But still, I should have been entitled to a flawless console that I paid AU$200 for (on release). Their return policy is absolute BS. :mad:

stotheamuel
July 22nd, 2006, 08:48
bullshit, i know about 10 people that have lites...6 of them have cracks.

Load of arse talk IMO.

its not bull shit... its based on reported.... it clearly says that... and it says its not the actual number.. your 6 out of 10 friends proboly havent complained... so nintendo assumes there were no cracks