PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Offering Free Repairs for Broken DS Lite Hinges

wraggster
July 21st, 2006, 00:54
Kotaku's own video game sleuth and my personal fashion mentor, Brian Crecente, did a little investigative work to find out if Nintendo is repairing the broken hinges of Nintendo DS Lites. If you recall yesterday another Kotaku poll showed that 14 percent of readers' DS Lite hinges were broken. So this is obviously quite a problem, even though Nintendo is reporting that only 0.02 percent of DS Lites would be experiencing the defect.

Crecente discovered that Nintendo doesn't warranty physical damage, but they will take a look at this specific case. Basically they ship you out a UPS label, you ship it to them. They check to see if the damage was misuse and repair if it was determined to not be from misuse. So if it is busted, they will likely fix it. If they don't, let's revolt! We are in need of a good revolt, it's been a while.
via gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/nintendo-offering-free-repairs-for-broken-ds-lite-hinges-188808.php)

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 01:04
Nintendo and Apple have the two best customer service.

Eyedunno
July 21st, 2006, 04:09
For the 14% figure though, I'd imagine that people whose DSLs are fine are much less likely to even bother to vote, so probably the truth lies somewhere in between Nintendo's figure and Kotaku's figure.

homebrew1973
July 21st, 2006, 13:42
Perhaps the reason they crack is that many people maybe open/close it too strongly? I say this because my mobile phone had the same trouble with it`s joystick, people complaining but most were treating it like it was a Quickshot II. Remember them? halcyon days.... :)