PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.52 Released (Amiga Emulator for PSP Updated)

wraggster
July 21st, 2006, 01:40
Will i ever get to bed tonght, not if the PSP scene has anything to do with it, but its always nce to be first with the news :D

Ric (http://www.pspuae.com/) has released a new version of his Amiga emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

This is a Maintenance Release to Fix some Bugs

v0.52 - maintenance release
- Corrected 0 byte memory bug when loading/saving options
- Renamed the SAVESTATE folder to STATE
- Added 5 additional savestate slots
- Corrected some text strings

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

FOL
July 21st, 2006, 02:17
Will i ever get to bed tonght, not if the PSP scene has anything to do with it, but its always nce to be first with the news :D

Ric (http://www.pspuae.com/) has released a new version of his Amiga emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

This is a Maintenance Release to Fix some Bugs

v0.52 - maintenance release
- Corrected 0 byte memory bug when loading/saving options
- Renamed the SAVESTATE folder to STATE
- Added 5 additional savestate slots
- Corrected some text strings

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

lol, and I thought I was bad. ;-)

t0pflite101
July 21st, 2006, 04:49
No offense or anything, but does anyone really care about this shit?

SpacemanSpiff
July 21st, 2006, 05:12
If you don't care then don't post in the thread, moron.

TrojanBarber
July 21st, 2006, 05:49
he probably wasnt even born back in late '80 so he really dont know what he missed...

thanx for update Ric!!! hope you get more free time for more improves. we really need good and accurate amiga emu

BazzaLB
July 21st, 2006, 06:38

about YOUR post you mean? nah, doubt it. Seems pretty mindless.

jaws365
July 21st, 2006, 07:24

Words of a true low-life with no cultural references what so ever. I believe in differences within intellect.

Amiga
July 21st, 2006, 08:24
Nice one ric :D

mr_nick666
July 21st, 2006, 08:27
Nice one ric :D

Nice one indeed Ric :D (Being born in the 70s I have fond memories of the old Amoeba 500 :rolleyes:)

samthegreat68
July 21st, 2006, 08:43
he probably wasnt even born back in late '80 so he really dont know what he missed...

thanx for update Ric!!! hope you get more free time for more improves. we really need good and accurate amiga emu
i was born in '88, so i dont even know what i missed...:o what good games are for this 'amiga'?

Baboon
July 21st, 2006, 08:46
Amiga’s used to rock! ...There’s some classic games on this format ! :)

On the PSP I’ve been a traitor though and have been using the Atari ST emulator as opposed to this Amiga one, but as soon as this one gets upto speed and can run loads more games properly then I’ll resort back to emulating my old A500!

Keep on updating this old skool machine please!!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 21st, 2006, 08:47
ERRMM yes as a matter of fact they do without ground breaking computers like the comodore amiga they would be no psps,xbox,ps2 ect.And if you think we care about your retarded coment no we dont so shut it and respect the authors if u can do better DO IT .Great work nice to see an update thxs,

jaws365
July 21st, 2006, 09:18
If you have no knowledge of Amiga games, try these games for starters:

Moonstone
Turrican 2
Dune
Syndicate
Supercars 2
Silkworm

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 09:24
The tipe of comment that motivates coders. Have you realise that this is a big part of old school or retro gaming.

D0N
July 21st, 2006, 09:40
Nice work Ric! Keep up the great work!

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 09:42
Yeah ric nice work. keep it up.:D

NiGame
July 21st, 2006, 09:53
Cool Thanks for update

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 09:56
Cool Thanks for update
Dude are you one of the mods at Espalpsp. Avatar looks very fermiliar.

NiGame
July 21st, 2006, 10:23
No never even heard of the site heh

gammern
July 21st, 2006, 11:14
Great work again! :)

Will there be some improvement in the speed in the future? It is still lagging on some games like Wings.

fistikuffs
July 21st, 2006, 11:34

Please go away!:mad:

Thanks for the update man!:D

FOL
July 21st, 2006, 12:31

Yes, a very pointless comment. I still think the Amiga is relavant. I still use mine as I feel the games today lack the magic back then.

And I also believe it is more popular now, than ever before. Cant wait for this emu to reach decent speeds with sound, and HD support.

Gazz021
July 21st, 2006, 12:48
keep at it Wraggster. I won't try this new update as I think its going to take a while to get near 100% speed but I am sure he will get there. (cant wait to play SWOS at full speed)

jaws365
July 21st, 2006, 12:48
I have my A1200 on the desktop as well, together with my Powerbooks. Perfect, as I can watch demos, play killer-games and create chiptunes during long render processes.

Yeah, good luck to Ric on getting PSPUAE faster.

Tomppa
July 21st, 2006, 12:51
Great to see any kind of updates for this :) Last weekend I just dig up my amiga and played some fancy games... My joystics are blown up so it's a little hard.. But my point was, it's still a great system, and you've done a great job :)

10shu
July 21st, 2006, 13:31
thank s for the update!!!

here some cool amiga games...most of those games can also be played on the snes emu but amiga version got better graphic...

-alien breed 1 & 2
-wings of fury
-turrican 1 and 2
-cannon fodder
-speedball2
-chaos engine
-syndicate
-apydia
-gods
-killing game show
-wings
-agony
-vroom
-supercar 2
-superfrog
-project X
-populous 1 & 2
-power monger
-gloom

M-Lin
July 21st, 2006, 14:56
Amiga was my dream computer as a child - I had a c64 first and got an amiga about a year later - it was the best thing around at the time!

I'm gonna test this now - the last release played Xenon 2 at great speed without sound.
Also Operation Stealth is still great if you like scummVm type games.(it's called Operation James Bond eats English Muffins weith Tea in the US, or something!)

Thanks for keeping this emulator very much alive!

mrplug
July 21st, 2006, 15:52
any speed increases? last time i tryed to play x-com ufo, the sound was choppy

Gazz021
July 21st, 2006, 17:12
HI Mrplug I tried SWOS, very slow to load but once the game started it was around 90% speed.Also tried Treasure Island Dizzy,worked almost 100% but sound choopy and takes a while to load.

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 17:24
thank s for the update!!!

here some cool amiga games...most of those games can also be played on the snes emu but amiga version got better graphic...

-alien breed 1 & 2
-wings of fury
-turrican 1 and 2
-cannon fodder
-speedball2
-chaos engine
-syndicate
-apydia
-gods
-killing game show
-wings
-agony
-vroom
-supercar 2
-superfrog
-project X
-populous 1 & 2
-power monger
-gloom
Thanks for the bit of info

dkjr83
July 21st, 2006, 17:25

I do.

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 17:26
I do also and so do thousands of amiga fans.

Trackstorm
July 21st, 2006, 21:21
Thx for Update. Love this Emulator and all the good Adventures for this, like UNIVERSE, Lure of the Temptress, Future Wars, Operation Stealth, Cruise for a Corpse and and and. Go, Go, Go..next Update ;)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 22nd, 2006, 00:55
We need speed increases !!! :(

bwlfp
July 22nd, 2006, 03:27
Well as a complete newbie to this homebrewing malarky I just want to say how amazing it is to me to be able to run the Amiga games on the PSP. Those in the know, know that a lot of these games are better than the full price games for the PSP, it appears that somebody is not in the know. Sorry but I can't resist listing some of my favourites:
1) Captive (if anyone can find me a working adf for this phenomenal game I would really appreciate it, I have never been as addicted to a game as much as this one before or since)
2) Frontier Elite 2 (Braben's incredible work, but get the Atari ST port for PSP by Atien)
3) Cannon Fodder
4) Monkey Island (but use ScummV instead?)
5) Speedball 2
6) Sensible World of Soccer
7) Swiv
8) Flashback
9) Stunt Car Racer
10) Pinball Fantasies
11) Powermonger
12) Rainbow Islands
13) Skidmarks
14) Gods
15) Supercars 2

doomex
July 22nd, 2006, 13:35
which kickstart do i need for this emulator? can someone help me

t0pflite101
July 22nd, 2006, 22:45
Whoever cares about this shit should just **** off and stop living in the past! Enough of the ****ing old-school emulators!

FOL
July 23rd, 2006, 00:07
Whoever cares about this shit should just **** off and stop living in the past! Enough of the ****ing old-school emulators!

lol, if Iwas a mod, id ban you for trying to stir up trouble, if you aint got anything good to say, then dont bother posting. If it werent for the Amiga you wouldnt have the games you have today. Where do you think Westwood make their name.

You have to ask and think how stupid you look, there hasbeen 2 negative comments, and 34 possitive, so doing the maths, ermmmm PEOPLE CARE.

@ DOOMEX KickStart 1.3 and it needs to be renamed to kick13.rom, check the readme, it explains it all there.

FOL
July 23rd, 2006, 00:18
Well as a complete newbie to this homebrewing malarky I just want to say how amazing it is to me to be able to run the Amiga games on the PSP. Those in the know, know that a lot of these games are better than the full price games for the PSP, it appears that somebody is not in the know. Sorry but I can't resist listing some of my favourites:
1) Captive (if anyone can find me a working adf for this phenomenal game I would really appreciate it, I have never been as addicted to a game as much as this one before or since)
2) Frontier Elite 2 (Braben's incredible work, but get the Atari ST port for PSP by Atien)
3) Cannon Fodder
4) Monkey Island (but use ScummV instead?)
5) Speedball 2
6) Sensible World of Soccer
7) Swiv
8) Flashback
9) Stunt Car Racer
10) Pinball Fantasies
11) Powermonger
12) Rainbow Islands
13) Skidmarks
14) Gods
15) Supercars 2

Dont look like its compatable at the moment.

jaws365
July 23rd, 2006, 01:10
In most cases a good game stays entertaining for a long time as it is cleverness in concept and challenge that makes people stick with it. The hardware HAS changed alot over the years, but most new games are made after classics that somehow hit the nail.

"t0pflite101" must be an ignorrant scumbag with serious attitude problems, saying such things. Where did his anger come from anyway?

Shiesty
July 23rd, 2006, 06:51
yea i couldnt find a kickstart so i gave up on this thing (i thought i was a master at google)

i really wanted to play superfrog :(

bwlfp
July 23rd, 2006, 08:01
Dont look like its compatable at the moment.

Do you mean Captive. Thats a shame.

bwlfp
July 23rd, 2006, 08:14
This is all very amusing T0pflite101 but seriously have you ever actually played an Amiga game? Has anyone else played Captive before (its basically a Dungeon Master clone with droids)? I set it up on a PC but the sound was terrible:(
There are kickstarts out there but I had to search around when I set up UAE on my PC. Is it OK to post a url for the location of the kickstart? I think that there are some issues with the legality of getting the kickstart roms. Somebody must know better than me but I'll try and find the site tomorrow.

FOL
July 23rd, 2006, 12:00
yea i couldnt find a kickstart so i gave up on this thing (i thought i was a master at google)

i really wanted to play superfrog :(

Come along and join the Forums, we dont bite, plus we are only to happy to answer any problems you might havewith running / settings of PSPUAE. I might stress abit when someone posts without actually reading the new readme file, but thats about it.

PSPUAE Homepage (http://www.pspuae.com)

@bwlfp - Yes it doesnt seem to work at the moment, I have to be fair, I liked this 1 more than Liberation (Captive 2).

FOL
July 23rd, 2006, 12:07
This is all very amusing T0pflite101 but seriously have you ever actually played an Amiga game? Has anyone else played Captive before (its basically a Dungeon Master clone with droids)? I set it up on a PC but the sound was terrible:(
There are kickstarts out there but I had to search around when I set up UAE on my PC. Is it OK to post a url for the location of the kickstart? I think that there are some issues with the legality of getting the kickstart roms. Somebody must know better than me but I'll try and find the site tomorrow.

I woouldnt post a link, as it is illegal, as they are still copyrighted.

bwlfp
July 23rd, 2006, 20:20
I woouldnt post a link, as it is illegal, as they are still copyrighted.
Thanks for letting me know, I won't post it.

FOL
July 23rd, 2006, 20:25
Do you mean Captive. Thats a shame.

K, been going through loads of games testing them, for adding to the DB over at pspuae.com, and I have managed to get Captive working, plays quite well to once its loaded.

Heres the config info;

Name Captive
No. Of Disks 1
PSPUAE Version tested on 0.52
Playable YES
ADF File Name Captive.adf

Hardware
Frame Skip 3
Chipset ECS (FULL)
Collision Playfields
CPU Type 68010
Compatability OFF

Memory
Fast Mem 512KB
Chip Mem 512KB
Bogo Mem 512KB

Sound Hardware
Sound Emu Normal
Snd Type Mono

ROM Revision
KickRom Kick 1.3

Game Information
Game Comments Classic game like Dungeon Master with Droids. This config works, Amiga will reset on its own, second time it loads, it will work fine. Very playable with sound.

The DataBase will be constantly added to, as people post their configs for games are they play them.

bwlfp
July 23rd, 2006, 21:35
K, been going through loads of games testing them, for adding to the DB over at pspuae.com, and I have managed to get Captive working, plays quite well to once its loaded.

Heres the config info;

Name Captive
No. Of Disks 1
Playable YES
ADF File Name Captive.adf

Hardware
Frame Skip 3
Chipset ECS (FULL)
Collision Playfields
CPU Type 68010
Compatability OFF

Memory
Fast Mem 512KB
Chip Mem 512KB
Bogo Mem 512KB

Sound Hardware
Sound Emu Normal
Snd Type Mono

ROM Revision
KickRom Kick 1.3

Game Information
Game Comments Classic game like Dungeon Master with Droids. This config works, Amiga will reset on its own, second time it loads, it will work fine. Very playable with sound.

The DataBase will be constantly added to, as people post their configs for games are they play them.
:eek: OMG this is great news, thank you. I'm sure there will be some control issues. I did not know about PSPUAE.com before reading this forum. Great site and project. I am now finding things out quick. This is super!

bwlfp
July 24th, 2006, 19:55
FOL
Do you know where I can get Captive.adf:confused:
Thanks

FOL
July 24th, 2006, 21:05
FOL
Do you know where I can get Captive.adf:confused:
Thanks

You can pm me at pspuae site.

ACID
July 27th, 2006, 06:57
ok im having a hard time loading this roms some times i get it to load and sometimes it takes for ever and i do have the right roms for it placed in the disk folder and i just need step by step on how to oad them right.

blindassasin
July 27th, 2006, 16:33
Lets face it how cool was the Amiga? How ground breaking?

FOL
July 27th, 2006, 18:35
ok im having a hard time loading this roms some times i get it to load and sometimes it takes for ever and i do have the right roms for it placed in the disk folder and i just need step by step on how to oad them right.

Id say your not doing anything wrong, but hang in there, :rolleyes:, might be a new release soon, with a drive speed option.

ACID
July 28th, 2006, 17:11
FOL thats what i though but its frustrating when your able to load and play a great classic and then you cant load others and it even has a preset for up to 6 slots of preloaded games you can have almost like if you had 6 FD drives

FOL
July 28th, 2006, 17:15
FOL thats what i though but its frustrating when your able to load and play a great classic and then you cant load others and it even has a preset for up to 6 slots of preloaded games you can have almost like if you had 6 FD drives

I know what you mean, I like Lotus 2, which takes atleast 2 to 4 mins to load.

As I said hang in there, might have something to help that, just testing at the moment and I need to speak to Ric first.

FOL
July 29th, 2006, 10:59

Super Cars 2 will work with this config:-

Name Super Cars 2
No. Of Disks 2
Playable Partial
ADF File Name Super_Cars_2-1.adf

Hardware
Frame Skip 3
Chipset ECS (FULL)
Collision Playfields
CPU Type 68000
Compatability ON

Memory
Fast Mem 0KB
Chip Mem 1024KB
Bogo Mem 1024KB

Sound Hardware
Sound Emu Normal
Snd Type Mono

ROM Revision
KickRom Kick 1.3

Game Information
Game Comments Takes forever to load, once load you can play, just quite jerky at the moment. It only seems to work on this above settings.

Takes at least 5 to 10 mins to load, but with Drive speed set to 800% (This isnt in the emu yet, still being tested) takes 4 to 5 mins (YOU NEED SOUND ON THOUGH OR IT HANGS AT MAGNETIC FIELDS LOGO).

FOL
July 30th, 2006, 20:22
New release, small update with drive speed option.

sroon
August 2nd, 2006, 21:58
Iz this the original amiga?
Thanks!

hm2k
August 6th, 2006, 11:51
Has anyone seen anything like this that runs on the GBA?

Thanks.

FOL
August 6th, 2006, 22:10
Has anyone seen anything like this that runs on the GBA?

Thanks.

Doubt it,
GBA doesnt have the power