PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best Commercial Gamecube Game?

wraggster
March 21st, 2004, 12:02
Out of all the games released for the Gamecube so far, which one is the one that has gave you most value for money, the best challenge and is the best game you have ever played on the cool console.

Well from the days of the Super Nintendo, i have been hooked on the Mario Kart franchise and the Gamecube Version is probably one of the greatest games ive ever played on a console, other than that i have the Zelda collection which im looking forward to spending a few hours on.

What in your opinion is the Best Commercial Gamecube Game?

WHurricane16
March 23rd, 2004, 17:31
I dunno, Metroid Prime & Zelda: Wind Waker owns my ass :)

wraggster
March 24th, 2004, 20:50
i like the conflict desert storm games - which ive completed both- and apparently they are working on a conflict vietnam game , cant wait for that.

GolbeZeromus
April 11th, 2004, 12:42
The ones I have spent most time with:

Super Smash Brothers: Melee!!!
Viewtiful Joe
F-Zero GX

Busy right now on bettering myself with the Twin Snakes.

wraggster
April 11th, 2004, 12:51
Super Smash Bros on the N64 was great, i dont know Viewtiful Joe and FZeroX is a damn cool game.

Ive got to buy a lcd screen for the Gamcube so i can play games in the car :)

Christuserloeser
April 12th, 2004, 07:49
ZELDA WINDWAKER!

wraggster
April 12th, 2004, 11:57
yeah i cant wait to get a bit of time to play such games.

Ian_micheal
April 18th, 2004, 14:21
Hmm cant think of any that i play much resident evil games is about it the rest i will leave to nintendo fans.

DemoniusX
April 19th, 2004, 01:32
wow there are a lot of great a titles for the cube but where to start? hmmm. I will name my fav 5

F-zero gx
Capcom vs snk 2 E.O.
Time splitters 2
True Crimes : streets of La
Super smah bros melee

I love all my GC games but I play these a lot more then the others :)

Christuserloeser
April 19th, 2004, 14:14
Capcom vs snk 2 E.O.

Mmh. All that I know is that this game's like way to easy and not playable for professionals.
All special moves / attacks on one button? ???

DemoniusX
April 23rd, 2004, 01:11
Mmh. All that I know is that this game's like way to easy and not playable for professionals.
All special moves / attacks on one button? *???
heh, I don't like the C stick option at all,for all the special moves, I always pic AC-ism
I agree that GC-ism sucks and I can use the GC's d-pad just fine.with ac-ism it is all good. :)

Clessy
April 23rd, 2004, 05:03
I dont think there's much for GC thats great to play that exclusive but there are some nice redo's and ports for it and even a few exclusives.

Metriod Prime is good

Skies of Arcadia Legends( yes it was for dc but this version has a new character and improves on the exp and battles per step ratio. This is defanitly the better version to play just for the more exp per battle.)

Sonic Adventure DX ( Better menus and models than the Dc version)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Its just a nice face lift and the MGS2 engine on the first game.

Thats about all i've really cared for on GC to tell yah the truth. Just not my type of selection I guess

Christuserloeser
April 24th, 2004, 06:10
Metriod Prime is good

Agree. One of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Sonic Adventure DX ( Better menus and models than the Dc version)

I've read sth about speed probs and noticable frame skip or sth..
Can u tell me mo?

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Its just a nice face lift and the MGS2 engine on the first game.

Like the MGS PSX on my DC with the offical Bleem!cast ;D

Clessy
April 24th, 2004, 07:19
About the Sonic DX frameskip issue.
Yes you can notice sometimes. I actually like the frameskip it seems to happen once you start going really fast it remove frames to look faster. I think they did it on purpose not about speed at all. Its got the usual lag that the orginal game had tho. Load times for the menus are even slower for some reason.

Kamjin
April 24th, 2004, 09:42
#1.. Resident evil's.. ( The only reason I own a cube..)
#2.. Eternal Darkness
#3.. Zelda..
#4. Zelda Classics really great! cost
about $25 and every month I get some
free paper for the cat's litter box..

These were fun *and currently really cheap used..
Defender
Dragon's Lair 3D
Blood Rayne
Blood Omen
Dead to Rights
Robotech

as for mario stuff.. well not my cup of tea..

Ian_micheal
April 24th, 2004, 11:12
Over all pretty much only for nintendo fans. Of which im not one.

Christuserloeser
April 24th, 2004, 18:29
Over all *pretty much only for nintendo fans. Of which im not one.

mmh. IMO Nintendo (Shigeru Miyamoto) did some of the best games ever made...

Ian_micheal
April 27th, 2004, 14:45
Yeah but i dont play them. Im not a nintendo fan sorry. Maybe they are great for you ive played better.

I did not grow up playing or using a nintendo it was pretty much pretty poor hardware. For some one using A commodore amiga The nes looked like a toy. Were amiga come out in 1985. With full stereo sound snes like grafix and a great o/s

Some of the worlds best game's are on it.. To many to name. Im sorry ive never liked nintendo games thats my POV not trying to change your mind.

But most non nintendo people dont enjoy the NGC at all.

Christuserloeser
May 1st, 2004, 14:49
okay - I am not gonna change your mind *;)

Never really played Amiga (besides Rick Dangerous, Monkey Island, Turrican 1 + 2 at a friend)

C64: Zaxxon by SEGA was the 1st game I've ever played on it.

But the big WOW! came with 1st playing Super Mario Bros 3 on my best friends NES which was a real... It made my beloved VGA IBM PC games look like crap!

But then at arround the same time came Sonic the Hedgehog I played on a girlfriends MD/G - The rest is history *;D

Chippendale
June 21st, 2004, 09:33
I'd say soulcaliburII. But I am really into fighting games so dont trust me! :)

guymelef
June 22nd, 2004, 01:55
blood rayn is always good for a laugh.
man that chick is sassy

Jaded_Gamer
June 30th, 2004, 17:10
Best Nintendo gamecube Game Made By Themselfes Legend Of Zelda: The Windwaker, Best 3rd Partygame for gamecube timesplitters 2. :)

BlackAura
July 1st, 2004, 02:49
I did not grow up playing or using a nintendo it was pretty much pretty poor hardware. For some one using A commodore amiga The nes looked like a toy. Were amiga come out in 1985. With full stereo sound snes like grafix and a great o/s

Same here. I had a C64 and an Amiga mostly, then an SMS and later a MegaDrive. I still think that pretty much all of the NES games are crap (compared mostly to Amiga games) and there are only a few games Nintendo made on the SNES that I enjoyed (basically Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and Starfox).

However, I like pretty much all of the Gamecube games I've played. The two I didn't like much were both third-party ones. Some of the best ones are brilliantly simple, extremely addictive, and you just never get tired of them.

Cornholio
July 1st, 2004, 08:14
Resident Evil is the best IMO so far. It hardly ever felt like you were playing a game you've played before, and not just graphically, whole new areas added, all the newer moves and ridiculously hard modes, and even on easy, it's harder than the original, having to burn zombies bodies to avoid them coming back to life, zombies can chase you into areas, so it's not as easy to get away. It's a real pity that RE2 wasen't given the remake treatment.

The other I would say are good are just ports with additions such as Sonic Adventure DX and 2 and MGS.

If I had to pick the best original GC game (ie. not a port) I would say RE0.

Admittedly, I'm only going to buy a Cube for RE, Sonic and my brother would buy the MGS game. However, I really want to try Viewtiful Joe, but now it's being ported to the PS2 and the sequal is already going to be on the PS2, so it one less reason to get a Cube.

However, RE4 is looking REALLY good!

meiscool
July 4th, 2004, 08:35
mario kart
zelda
starfox

meiscool
July 4th, 2004, 08:38
25th reply
thenk me
hot subject

krowstrife
July 9th, 2004, 05:07
The ones I have spent most time with:
Super Smash Brothers: Melee!!!

hey three of my friends are going to Indiana (usa) for the biggest ssbm noncomercial toure its call FIGHTERS CHAMPIONSHIP

off topic

the best GC game is enteral darkness, the sanity effects are scary, pick up a copy, a blanket, nightlight, bag of diritos, and a six of a certain cold root beverage,WOOOOO :o Oh the fun to be had, don't wet your pants

Nysis
July 9th, 2004, 17:40
I belive the best one would have to be Animal Crossing it was fun until I had paid off all of my debt.

meiscool
July 12th, 2004, 14:02
starfox adventures and mk:dd

MasterMunt
July 17th, 2004, 16:04
I think that Starfox Adventures was one of the best games on the gamecube I have ever played....

Eric
July 17th, 2004, 17:50
well the games i liked are all of what Kamjin said and i will have to say Sonic Adventure DX aswell even though i havent played it on GC i know it still rocks