PDA

View Full Version : Why is DS for PSP not possible?

Shadowblind
July 21st, 2006, 06:12
Even though just a dream, is it in any way possible to create a NDS emulator for PSP, something that would blow away its rival for good?

Or is it something about not having near enough power as the DS?

Just list the reason that it cannot be done.

Gizmo356
July 21st, 2006, 06:24
yeah why? :(

SnoopKatt
July 21st, 2006, 06:42
The PSP doesn't have a touchscreen. I'm pretty sure the PSP is more powerful, but that doesn't mean it can emulate it. I guess it might be able to do a few things, but it would be craptastic.

Shadowblind
July 21st, 2006, 06:45
Ahem...

Analog stick as the stylus!

stotheamuel
July 21st, 2006, 06:45
psp 333 mhz
ds 100 mhz
(n64 94 mhz(?))

and no touch screen
2 screens

------------------

analog stick wouldnt work.. because u could move it to select the position.... but how do u make the psp know where to start? or when u are pushing down or where u end up

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 06:53
First of all it's not nearly powerful enough (the only reason it can do N64 is because they share an extremly similar mips processor). The second reason is that the psp's screen isn't a touch screen. And last of all the psp dosen't have two screens so it would look really messed up and distorted to have the psp's screen spilt in half. Just go buy a DS lite, they are awesome.

DrNicket
July 21st, 2006, 06:56
It may be possible to recreate a semi-reasonabe control mechanic, and even use the screen vertically to show both DS screens on one, but consider that despite Zx-81's hard work and near tireless efforts on the GBA front... imagine the workload necessary to tackle the DS. Perhaps not impossible, but not as likely that any capable coder would want to.

Shadowblind
July 21st, 2006, 07:01
Of course, many didnt beleive an N64 emulator could be possible, yet...

For a touchscreen, the analog stick would work as a cursor, and how, well, psp coders have done far more incredible things. For pressing down, a button would have to control that.

P.S. I have a DS as well, and its awesome! thats why i'd want it for PSP.

V3N0M
July 21st, 2006, 07:40
Ya know i really don't see this going anywhere. But like you said many people thought there wouldn't be a N64. I was not one of them tho. But if you think about it...Its possible but someone would really want it done like a coder. It would be hard but in the end i could see a descent emulater come out of it. Only problem you would want a coder who wanted it just as much as you. If you got that your set. See i all ready have a DS lite so i wouldn't care that much. Another thing to keep in mind...Something like this actualy happening would be a blow to Nintendo's stomach. I don't know about you but even tho i have other consoles. I still like Nintendo and always have even when i was young. When i was 4 yrs old i had a super nintendo loved the hell out of it. And look now they are still around. So i have respect for Nintendo and if emualting a DS on a PSP would hurt the company. I think it is better left not done or at least until nintendo isn't making money on that console anymore. And have released a new console. But again thats just my point of view.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 21st, 2006, 07:52
Besides, it would be crap, large, and if you run backups AND have the system, just take the system and enjoy it all touchscreen and...all.

Shadowblind
July 21st, 2006, 08:08
To tell ya the truth, I have to agree with ya. I dont want nintendo to go out of buissness, they're my favorite gamecompany...

But, just like having a PS2 emulator for pc hasnt made the PS2 get any losses, I doubt it will stop the ds sales very much. NOBODY That I knew in Gainesville, Alabame, Memphis, or Pittsburg knew what Homebrew is. NONE.

V3N0M
July 21st, 2006, 09:02
I'm glade to see that you understand my point of view. And Homebrew is for the more tech Savvy. To tell ya the truth there are alot of people who want to know how to do it and most people after seeing how hard it is are overwhelmed or to lazy to figure it out them selves. Thats where i come in(If you read my banner i help those people lol) I help the people when they get in a little over their head and are not to lazy but jusy need help. And for friends and family well lol i do it for them because if they need anyhelp i'm right here.Not to mention that tech savvy people in my family are few and far between lol. All tho i do have an uncle who is a programmer and i've learned much from him. But anyways there are many people who wanna learn and everyone should do their best to try to help them. More people means a bigger and better Community. So i know that homebrew may not be known that well but if introduced i think many people will enjoy it. Oh and BTW i'm enjoying this thread and discussion. Good to see other peoples' view of things.

Gizmo356
July 21st, 2006, 09:07
i want to cry thats beutiful

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 09:51
How can we emulat a doudle screen. To top it all of a touch screen at that. Only games that have no use for the double screen coul be played any ways. But i will love to see it happen just like the rest of the guys.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 21st, 2006, 10:04
It would still maybe kill the DS and be unfun. Think of how many pirates over at PSPUpdates and QJ.net there might be...

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 10:08
It would still maybe kill the DS and be unfun. Think of how many pirates over at PSPUpdates and QJ.net there might be...
LOL that is totaly true.:)

Zion
July 21st, 2006, 13:46
nooo. i love both the psp and nintendo DS :D I personally wouldnt want a nds emu

ACID
July 21st, 2006, 14:41
nooo. i love both the psp and nintendo DS :D I personally wouldnt want a nds emu
I agree specially since the DS lite is so small and easy to fit in a pocket and with the right card all your homebrew can be run in it also. i mean ds homebrew.

chaos-is-me
July 21st, 2006, 17:16
Yeah I agree too, I don't see the point of a DS emu. It'd be a marvellous achievement sure, but control would suck and pirates would ruin the DS. I love my DS and play it all the time, much more than my PSP so I personality don't want Nintendo to start losing profits, I want more awesome games!

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 05:08
first off! the psp can barely emulate SNES, and thats 3.2mhz peak processing from the original system.. secondly! there hasnt even been a DS emulator for PC yet, and that could run on a dual core 2ghz processor... but cant.. for some reason its just not possible to emulate a DS..

so your wish will be a fantasy for ever, as there isnt even a way to play backed up DS games on your computer

and grammar dude, its PSPupdates.qj.net

stotheamuel
July 22nd, 2006, 08:41
first off! the psp can barely emulate SNES, and thats 3.2mhz peak processing from the original system.. secondly! there hasnt even been a DS emulator for PC yet, and that could run on a dual core 2ghz processor... but cant.. for some reason its just not possible to emulate a DS..

Hmm... only partly true.
http://www.ndsemulator.com/

there are 6 nintendo ds emulators...

and they play a quite a few games... although glitchy and slow.....they still run

ACID
July 22nd, 2006, 08:52
yes thers emus for DS but they are all for pc. Try to fit to screens on to the psp and get bouth of them to work.

stotheamuel
July 22nd, 2006, 09:02
oh i agree. He just said there arent any for pc :p

DPyro
July 30th, 2006, 01:20
Theres not even a very good working NDS PC emu so odds are there will never be a NDS PSP emu.