PDA

View Full Version : PS3 users warned not to use consoles as '8001050f error' crashes network

Shrygue
March 1st, 2010, 15:04
via The Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/815356-ps3-users-warned-not-to-use-consoles-as-8001050f-error-crashes-network)

PS3 gamers across the world have woken up to find their consoles unable to connect online.

In some cases, users have even experienced problems playing offline, as well as finding that Trophy data and saved information had been corrupted by the error.

The 'error: 8001050f' message is thought to be related to the a calendar reset on February 28, when the original PS3 systems were reset to January 1, 2000

Sony have recognised the problem via their Twitter page, posting the following advice for users:

"We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates."

Users with the newer PS3 Slim models are unaffected, but it has been advised that users with older PS3 models should not use their console until further notice.

UPDATE: Sony has issued a statement on the problem (via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-advises-against-ps3-use))

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

------------------
*update*

For up-to-date info check the Sony official EU twitter account (http://twitter.com/PlayStationEU)

phsychokill
March 1st, 2010, 15:32
could be a con by sony to get all the fat's back in before any1 does anything with the hack :rofl:

but seriously this is a pain in the arse went to play on it this morning and cant :eek:

it better be working by next Tuesday or I will hunt down the entire of SCE if I cant play FF13 on launch day :mad:

also made worse by the fact my 360 died last week, so now I'm stuck with PC and Wii :(

Insomniac-Evolution
March 1st, 2010, 15:56
Ive reset my router a few times, then changed router to an older one to try sign in, and it happens to be everybody damnit lol I came to check ps3 info to see if the psn was down... I wondered why my date and time changed on ps3, thats the issue? pfffft!

Edit - I hope this is not fixed by an update, if so then you can say bye bye to mr george hotz hack lol

Shrygue
March 1st, 2010, 17:04
I own the 60 launch model so it's definitely affecting me. Turned in on at 1:45pm and found my clock had gone funny. Couldn't reset the time on auto online so set it by hand and still couldn't get connected to PSN. This fails, Sony better work out what exactly the problem is causing this and roll out a fix asap.

symbal
March 1st, 2010, 17:35
If it is just an honest error by Sony it is a perfect opportunity for Sony to force an update and kill the hack, after the M$ backlash after the banhammer Sony might have just planned a less obvious way to stop hacking.

wraggster
March 1st, 2010, 18:24
i got home and told my son not to touch the PS3 Tonight and he turned it on and he got the error message and his saves are all corrupted.

Cant get online either, i did tell him to leave well alone

Darksaviour69
March 1st, 2010, 18:32
One theory is that Sony are hoping the it will fix itself come 12.01am tonight (GMT). Less than 6 hours to find out ;)

phsychokill
March 1st, 2010, 19:08
the wait and see method rarely ever works.

just hope its working for when I get my hands on FF13.

jonezybaby
March 1st, 2010, 19:24
so far every1 i know who has a 60gb model has been effected!! other then me.......... mines a launch day 60gb model and i can still access the psn and play all my games!!

Shrygue
March 1st, 2010, 19:31
Hah then you're a lucky one. It's still isn't work for me, in fact I just turned it on for a quick second and it showed the time it was at when I shut it down. Not to mention no PSN access either still. Don't know if my save are alright though I didn't try running a game.

Insomniac-Evolution
March 1st, 2010, 19:39
Oh! well this is the times when u really appreciate being signed in lol it's funny when something is taken away... it's how I felt when my first ps3 bust, except now I can play a game (no online though :( lol) or browse

phsychokill
March 1st, 2010, 19:43
my question is how will they get the patch out if one is needed, because we cant get it from PSN :rofl:

unless they expect every1 to have a spare thumb drive at hand.

jxx2005
March 1st, 2010, 20:33
i guess i'm fortunate enough to not have been in my apartment for the past so many days, my PS3 has been sitting quietly

Darksaviour69
March 1st, 2010, 21:11
apparently you can still play non trophy games like MGS4, but if it were me i would play it safe an leave it off for the night.

Nocuddle
March 1st, 2010, 21:36
my question is how will they get the patch out if one is needed, because we cant get it from PSN :rofl:

unless they expect every1 to have a spare thumb drive at hand.

u still can browse internet with PS3. :rolleyes:

VampDude
March 1st, 2010, 22:20
...Happily playing PS3, without the interruptions of invitations/requests. :)

I'm guessing that from everyone on my list, I'm the lucky bastard with a slim because the mostly active users haven't been on for a good 22-30 hours. :cool:

nothingtoday
March 1st, 2010, 23:39
I had the problem with my 80 G b/c model, so I tried to log in with another PS3. That worked fine, so I dawnloaded a few things from PSN and turned the machine off. Afterwards, I tried the 80 G again and it was working fine again!

Hope this helps anyone with 2 systems

phsychokill
March 2nd, 2010, 00:19
I'm back up and running now seems we just needed to pass midnight.