PDA

View Full Version : 360 Final Fantasy XIII will outsell PS3 - survey

Shrygue
March 1st, 2010, 19:00
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237006)

Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 will outsell the PlayStation 3 version by 2:1.

That's according to findings from MyVoucherCodes, which claims its website has received more than 250,000 unique searches for Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360, compared to 120,000 searches for the game on the PS3 since February 1st this year.

"The Final Fantasy series has always been a huge draw for Sony, since its debut on the PlayStation in the form of Final Fantasy VII," says Mark Pearson, managing director of MyVoucherCodes.

"For Microsoft to now be sharing and in fact beating the interest for the PS3 version must be worrying Sony chiefs, who must be wondering just how to steal the march back, if it is at all possible. Our Christmas sales data showed that Xbox 360s were outselling PlayStation 3s three to one in the holiday period, a fact which seems to be presenting itself here as consumers show more interest in the Xbox 360 title."

Square is already confident that Final Fantasy XIII will sell well, so it won't be worrying too much about these findings, we shouldn't think. The question is, which version are you getting?

phsychokill
March 1st, 2010, 19:04
I'll still get the PS3 version, played FF on the playstations since the PS1 so why change now?

but I find it funny they are going off the searches on a discount site, this to me just say's twice as many 360 owners are tight and trying to find cheaper ways to buy the game or don't know how to search round shops for a good deal.

kamanashi
March 1st, 2010, 20:47
Best-Sellers list may change this idea though. PS3 version is on top at #1 for amazon.

phsychokill
March 1st, 2010, 20:58
play also has the PS3 version at second and the 360 version at fourth in the all format pre-order chart.

searches mean very little as what way did they move the searches for people who just searched FF13 without specifying a console?