PDA

View Full Version : LTE 3D Engine for PSP Released

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 18:20
a new 3D engine for the psp has been made for free use, and a new demo has been released today, which is absolutely incredible
heres some info from the site at
http://www.ltestudios.com
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"Features:

3D Engine
Mixed 2D + 3D
Powerful and customizable 2D GUI
Character animation system
Particle effects
Billboards
Dynamic Lights
Powerful 2D with alpha, blend, etc..
Six image formats supported
Eight mesh formats supported
Fonts support
Collision and physics integrated
Powerful terrain system
and much more ...

Credits:
LTE 3D Engine is based on Irrlicht 1.0 (http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net)

LTE 3D Engine is developed by SiberianSTAR ([email protected]) and Ky@ ([email protected])

LTE Editor is developed by Ky@ ([email protected])

Special thanks goes to Jeremy Fitzhardinge for his PSPGL (http://www.goop.org/psp/gl) and for helping me, and to PSMonkey."
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
from the credits it would seem this is the new engine psmonkey is planning for his projects such as IRIS, the demo certaianly looks that way anyway

D0N
July 21st, 2006, 18:21
This looks wicked! I wonder if this is the engine PSMonkey was talking about...

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 18:29
it certainly seems so
try out the demo at the site, and be blown away!!!

D0N
July 21st, 2006, 18:37
I can't. I bricked my PSP :(

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 18:38
noooooooooooooo
how, i didnt even know, thats awful!

mod chip i guess?

D0N
July 21st, 2006, 18:43
Used 2.6 downgrader, psp went off ,didnt come back on...i guess it is the modchip then.

Anyway lets get back on topic now. :)

BrooksyX
July 21st, 2006, 18:53
Wow this is some pretty sick news,
Isure hope some good 3d Apps come out of this, especially some fps.

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 18:57
i think very soon there will be many homebrew games which make the commercial games look like crap

get this on the front page!!!!!!

BrooksyX
July 21st, 2006, 19:00
i think very soon there will be many homebrew games which make the commercial games look like crap

You are right, this demo is visually the best thing i have seen on psp.

Makes we want to learn C just so i can work with this but i think ill stick with lua for now.

hey accordianboy: This would be a good engine for jmans re2 game

Zion
July 21st, 2006, 19:02
That engine is awesome....:D :D :D

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 19:02
how about a FF7 remake
please, if there is a god do it soon...

PSmonkey
July 21st, 2006, 19:42
FYI, this is not my engine. I just gave the coder some help as well as the src to iris to help him with clipping & few q3 things.

The guy is really cool and talented. As well it's great to have some competition.

For the record, my new engine is called kohkae. :P

BrooksyX
July 21st, 2006, 19:51
so is his engine based of quake 3 too like iris or does it just use some of the same functions.

PsychoSync
July 21st, 2006, 21:51
can someone post a screenshot please...

gangsta_psp
July 21st, 2006, 22:01
I just checked out this demo and the graphics are damn good. Its about on par with socom fireteam bravo! Very nice:)
EDIT: Actually, after looking at this again, I think its better than ftb.

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 22:07
heres some pics
the view is first person, with a simple walk bob motion, and the ability to fire a (erm) fire ball...
the running character warps between the two blue thing

incredible

fistikuffs
July 21st, 2006, 22:16
Guys i really need help. can someone post a guide or a walkthrough i'm stuck at the ladder?

Ha ha got you there!:D Have to say this looks pretty impressive! Can't wait to see what the devs come up with.

jman420
July 21st, 2006, 22:20
so basicly, this is just a MD2 file renderer, or model viewer...

and uses .BSP Quake 2 file format levels
and .Aas shocked packets (not sure what these would be used for . . . .)

and uses .arena script files

But being as you have to have 3D Studio Max version 4 for a MD2 exporter, and I dont even know how to make or export a quake 2 file.. I cant make anything to use on it...

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 22:24
the ladders work, just look up the ladder and press forward its not perfect because of collison detection, but it does work

gangsta_psp
July 21st, 2006, 23:36
Id like to see a shooting game (1st or 3rd person idc) come out of this engine. And a flamethrower weapon would be nice too, since the flames on here where pretty cool:)

Voorhees
July 21st, 2006, 23:46
omg this 3d engine could really get to something good.
i got a steady 25 fps... with a few tweeks and stuff then it could be a cool engine :=)

jman420
July 21st, 2006, 23:50
you have to remember, its rendering a super low polygon count Quake 2 map file, who knows what kind of speed it would get with a higher detail map..

-LO-LEADER1
July 22nd, 2006, 01:24
Dang ....thats like as good almost as good as a commercial game so far! and guess wut?.. it was only the demo! i cant wait to see wut unimaginable greatness comes out of this simple little engine...wow

ps:i got 57 fps... dunno y it was faster than yours but im not complaining!

tophead420
July 22nd, 2006, 01:24
i tryed this earlier and i was like omg this is awsome this is f n sweet that map on this wud be good on iris is one of my thoughts on this lol

-LO-LEADER1
July 22nd, 2006, 01:27
I forgot to say that this engine loads remarkably fast as well!

gangsta_psp
July 22nd, 2006, 02:04
I hope to see more coming from this engine in the coming weeks. Its just...so....awesome looking:D

PSmonkey
July 22nd, 2006, 05:15
so basicly, this is just a MD2 file renderer, or model viewer...

and uses .BSP Quake 2 file format levels
and .Aas shocked packets (not sure what these would be used for . . . .)

and uses .arena script files

But being as you have to have 3D Studio Max version 4 for a MD2 exporter, and I dont even know how to make or export a quake 2 file.. I cant make anything to use on it...

Close but a little off. :P

Yes the player models are md2.

The map is Quake 3 Bsp, not quake 2. The .aas is quake 3 bot code but his engine does not suport it atm.

It's about par with iris. Both engines have weekpoints.

pspman354
July 22nd, 2006, 05:40
the controls are a little wierd, maybe bcuz im use to socom

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 06:13
well alright PSmonkey, I just knew that .BSP was for Quake2, didnt know about 3

MaxSMoke
July 22nd, 2006, 06:38
Does anyone want to try making something fun out of this? I can't code, but I can do all of the object modeling you could ever dream of.

How about something easy, like a 3D platformer, aka something like the new Mario game on the DS? I could make a character and some little monsters. Then again, any 3D PSP project would be interesting to work on. Send me a PM.

csd-san
July 22nd, 2006, 07:01
Wow, this has some very good promise. Do you expect this to get further than Iris, then?

gangsta_psp
July 22nd, 2006, 07:32
We just have to wait and see.

mr_nick666
July 22nd, 2006, 12:50

There is already a load of homebrew that makes the official releases look like crap! :D I know what you mean though - things are just going to get better and better! :p

Arkia
July 22nd, 2006, 20:08
The commercial games are just plain crap. Heck homebrew games are the only things that make me care to play my psp.

Ghoti
July 23rd, 2006, 00:24
I must agree with Arkia, almost all commercial games are crap the only ones i'd like are lumines and daxter... I only use my psp nowadays for homebrew, there are quit some good programs out there that easily beat some of the commercial games at all fronts...

On topic: Nice work guys hope to see some source soon :), i was busy on making a FPS RPG but got stuck on some issues hopefully a look in your source could help me find the answers i need :)

greets

ghoti

zxxxy18
August 23rd, 2008, 18:42
ppl. this engine is AWESOME. so now plz make games in it and post links to dowload em here.

JLF65
August 23rd, 2008, 19:53
Nothing like a little thread necromancy. :D