PDA

View Full Version : Another Study Attacks Violent Video Games, Claims To Be "Conclusive"

wraggster
March 2nd, 2010, 00:02
Killer Orca is one of many to tell us about a new study on the effects of violent video games on kids. The latest meta-study that analyzed research from 130 different reports claims to have "conclusively proven" that violent video games make more aggressive, less caring kids.
"The team used meta-analytic procedures — the statistical methods used to analyze and combine results from previous, related literature -- to test the effects of violent video game play on the behaviors, thoughts, and feelings of the individuals, ranging from elementary school-aged children to college undergraduates. [...] Anderson says the new study may be his last meta-analysis on violent video games because of its definitive findings."

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/03/01/1855252/Another-Study-Attacks-Violent-Video-Games-Claims-To-Be-Conclusive

symbal
March 2nd, 2010, 00:16
Why did i just read that story? I could have had a perfectly good bowel movement in the time i wasted.

malgora
March 2nd, 2010, 03:18
hmm... these people havent met me ... i play violent games.. but im more mellow than a marshmellow or an obediant dog..... i play games to do things i cant do in RL ... and i do all the good things i can in RL .. damn kids just need some good old fashion Discipline, its not hard to become a fellow citizen.

FireStag
March 2nd, 2010, 23:01
I'm with malgora. I've played every GTA and hack and slash you can think of, doesn't make me want to go out and chop someone in half or beat the crap out someone and jack their car... I don't know who these people are they run these tests on... but I don't think they're anywhere near normal