PDA

View Full Version : Argos starts pre-owned games trade

wraggster
March 3rd, 2010, 22:23
UK gamers have yet another option for second-hand software on the High Street - with Argos setting up its own pre-owned service.

The news follows Asda and Tesco's decision to do the same - bringing new competition to the likes of GAME, Gamestation and HMV.

Trade site MCV reported this morning that The retailer is inviting customers to trade-in Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS games in 27 of its 735 stores.

However, the firm is only accepting select games. Full details are available on the Argos website.

Trade-in customers receive an Argos gift voucher, redeemable against anything in-store.

"Argos can confirm it is trialling a trade-in service for video games in a few stores in the North East region commencing in March 2010," an Argos spokesperson told MCV.

"Customers participating in the trial will receive the trade-in value in Argos gift vouchers giving the customers the choice to purchase any of the 18,000-plus products we sell.

"We have no firm plans regarding the length of the trial and no future roll out decision will be taken until the trial is concluded."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237570?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

symbal
March 4th, 2010, 01:05
They offering £11 tradein for GTAIV and i bought it used from Blockbuster for £9 and i never play it so i can actually make a profit, and i need some stuff from Argos anyway so it's all good.

royvedas
March 4th, 2010, 07:39
Everyone wants in on the used games market. Well enjoy it while you can. The last breath of physical media is probably near. Sucks.