PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 07 Patched?

wraggster
July 22nd, 2006, 12:06
News from IGN (http://psp.ign.com/articles/720/720402p1.html)

NCAA Football 07 owners (IGN included) were shocked earlier this week to discover a rather disturbing flaw in the running game. Instead of marking a player as down once he lost forward momentum or was tackled, the game instead marked a back as down at the point of initial contact. This one glitch rendered much of the ground game unusable, as players discovered many of their first down runs cut in half, or even cancelled out entirely. Irate owners of the title took to message boards, posting videos of the glitch, as well as demanding that some action be taken to solve the problem. After confirming this issue in the retail version of the game, IGN contacted EA Sports directly to get an official comment on the situation.

EA Sports did address the issue. A spokeswoman told IGN that "EA is aware of the problem" and will be working on a patch to solve the glitch found in the game. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be available to the public (because it will need to go through rigorous testing), EA Sports said that it is committed to making sure that the problem doesn't crop up again, and is looking into exactly what caused the incorrect yardage marking.

So take heart, portable football fans -- there will be some redressing of the running game soon. We'll let you know when the patch is available as soon as possible.

Gizmo356
July 22nd, 2006, 12:41
ouch

fistikuffs
July 22nd, 2006, 12:57
Football fans? There is no such thing as a down in football unless you're talking about Christiano Ronaldo:D :D :D

Ichijoe
July 22nd, 2006, 13:00
Gee give someting Internet access and Hello get it out the forking Door Yesterday, and let the Patch God sort it out! That's what I love about PC Gameing so much! Yep a +€60.00(EUR), Sign-up to be a Beta-Tester.

Those that have the infected Game should be given the opertuinty to exchange there Games (w/o a recpit), for a fully working version, as soon as it generaly becomes avalible.

Sadly this really dosn't come as a big shock though. It's hardly the first Playstation Game to be so flawed...

Football fans? There is no such thing as a down in football unless you're talking about Christiano Ronaldo:D :D :D

Or Zinedine Zidane of course :eek:

Briggzy11
July 22nd, 2006, 15:50
Bad planning by EA, they should be disappointed in themselfs releasing a game with a glitch like this, as if the game testers didnt even spot it. Well either way I wont get the game because :-

1. I am English
2. I hate American Football
3. Who are the players?

For people that have the game I do hope that this patch comes out soon for you anyway :D

El Payo
July 22nd, 2006, 17:54
Bad planning by EA, they should be disappointed in themselfs releasing a game with a glitch like this, as if the game testers didnt even spot it. Well either way I wont get the game because :-

1. I am English
2. I hate American Football
3. Who are the players?

For people that have the game I do hope that this patch comes out soon for you anyway :D

That's funny - it reminds me of the announcement that the upcoming firmware patch will include World Tour Soccer because:

1. I am American
2. I dislike soccer
3. Who are the players?

For people who do enjoy soccer [football] I do hope you enjoy the demo anyway.

:)

SpacemanSpiff
July 22nd, 2006, 22:02
Not only this glitch, but I also heard that EA didn't even update the rosters from last year, other than removing the obvious players like Bush, Young, Leinart. This shows how much EA really cares about the quality of their products.

Ichijoe
July 22nd, 2006, 22:09
Not only this glitch, but I also heard that EA didn't even update the rosters from last year, other than removing the obvious players like Bush, Young, Leinart. This shows how much EA really cares about the quality of their products.

Not beeing a Yank, what makes those People ~Special~?!

viMaster
July 23rd, 2006, 00:50
I've played game after game on the PC from EA Games... it's the same story... patch the patch that patched the old patch that had to be reverted to an unpatched game before you can patch.

Too bad we now have to patch games on consoles, eh. yeah, games on consoles may have glitches and EA isn't the only one that has this problem, but it seems big flaws in their games is a common thing.

QA, no matter what EA says, is not a major concern on their end, which has been proven by so many glitched games they have released for the PC.

GG, EA Games!

SpacemanSpiff
July 23rd, 2006, 00:56
Not beeing a Yank, what makes those People ~Special~?!

They were the top players in college football last year. Now all three of them are in the NFL so EA took them out of the NCAA game, but most of the hundreds of other players who graduated or left school early are still in the game, even though they don't play college football any more. Not only that, but all the players still have exactly the same ratings as last year also.

12loogies
July 23rd, 2006, 04:57
Once again the "ALMIGHTY" ea has released a game before it is ready (just to meet the "deadline") and obviously not tested well because that is a MAJOR flaw.
Amazing, being as big a total company as they are. Maybe when you treat your own employees as bad as they have in the past, losing the class action law suit aside, we will see even more bugs and flaws in future games.

groovemaster303
July 24th, 2006, 13:47
I don't think anybody in EA tests games
this is a major bug/flaw which went totally unnoticed
HOW???
everybody who has bought and played this found the bug after a couple of hours tops.
how can EA the bloomin developers miss such a thing.

Its a real shame because the game plays and looks great.

lets hope madden 07 is ok.

Up The Iron!!!

Y griffiny! :)

notaforumtroll
July 25th, 2006, 00:07
EA still hasnt owned up to this FLAW on their websites, nor have they contacted any retailers to start a recall. the game still sits on shelfs and all EA offers is,
(after you pay long distance to contact them) Send your game in (you pay shipping) and they will ship you back a new one still packaged(1-2 weeks turn around) and then you can drive to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund. YAY GO EA!!! #1 IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
**** EA. THEY CAN SUCK MY MOTHER ****ING DICK AND LIKE IT.