PDA

View Full Version : New Firmware Next Week - What would be on your Wishlist ?

wraggster
July 23rd, 2006, 00:22
Sony are to release a new official firmware next week, we dont know for sure if this is the PSone emulator firmware but what would be in your wish list,

Lets see what we can come up with

- GPS
- Wifi Radio
- Wifi TV
- PSone Emu

Anyone got any better suggestions? Post in the comments if you have :)

jOeBrO
July 23rd, 2006, 00:33
psone emu of course

Ichijoe
July 23rd, 2006, 00:35
A Firmware to allow Open Sauce. (um Source)...

pepegomez
July 23rd, 2006, 00:42
well they say video rss dont they?

SuNnY_B
July 23rd, 2006, 00:42
aint the ps1 emulator supposed 2 come out in october?

nyrtrublue
July 23rd, 2006, 00:46
yeah but its just wishful thinking

shadowhawk22
July 23rd, 2006, 00:49
I would love the PS1 emulator! No doubt that would be the single best upgrade for PSP ever (IMO).

publicprivates
July 23rd, 2006, 00:53
somesort of camera add-on with new firmware. 3 megapixels atleast.

SuNnY_B
July 23rd, 2006, 01:16
yeah but its just wishful thinking

lol ok then id say hav support for a USB camera tht can video, higher version of flash so youtube.com can work on the psp, & i wonder if sony wud support wmv files for videos since they got wma support in 2.6. all the video players in homebrew tht say it plays wmv doesnt play them!
still im quite happy using riverpast videocleaner pro to make gd quality xvid videos at 1mb a minute:D

felonyr301
July 23rd, 2006, 01:24
its to add video rss and more "security" upgrades thats all dont expect anything else.

dtothabreezy
July 23rd, 2006, 01:24
yes i wolud like open sauce and ps1 emu to go:D

SnoopKatt
July 23rd, 2006, 01:29
Homebrew to be allowed lol.

I also want:
-A way for the UMD drive to transform into a DVD writer AND reader
-Laser beams to cut people into little itty bits
-Built In AIM/YIM
-PS1 Emu
-A Really Fast Web Browser
-Support for A Mic
-Support for it to dispense PEZ
-TV
-Wireless LAN Connection to Computers
-A file manager

That would be great if Sony would do all of that :)

SuNnY_B
July 23rd, 2006, 01:33
That would be great if Sony would do all of that :)

sony wudnt do all tht s**t for us for free lol, omg what if we had 2 pay for the ps1 emu firmware tht wud b so gay.

Chackan
July 23rd, 2006, 01:34
Well:

- Psone emulator
- Full homebrew support (can't get tired of saying this xD)
- RSS Video and Text
- Divx support, including separated subtitles :º
- Customized Themes

And I think that's all :S

P.S.

Just remembered:

- Built in chat (Msn, Aim, Yahoo, Icq,etc)
- Faster browser

under_0ath777
July 23rd, 2006, 01:49
h0mEbr3w

Anger
July 23rd, 2006, 01:56
sony, as usual, are rushing out an uncompromised firmware in a hope to head off devhook/exploits/u.p.
this adds what they have got working to date (video rss) and of course the obligatory 'security updates' but i think this isnt going to be the great one. i think they will release it when this new firmware becomes compromised. i wouldnt be surprised if the new firmware breaks compatability with the modchip (meaning modchip users probably wont be able to use the new firmware and the 1.5) and of course epsilon wont work either so...anyway sorry for going way off topic.

my wish list - one big fat ass exploit when they release the ps1 emu :)

also:

sony wudnt do all tht s**t for us for free lol, omg what if we had 2 pay for the ps1 emu firmware tht wud b so gay.

i dont think they will make us pay for the firmware for the ps1 emu but i also think the emu wont be in the firmware entirely. i suspect they will have the main program in an encrypted eboot and the rest of the files in the firmware (the flash ram of the psp has very little space for extra stuff like an emu) except of course for the roms. it will be interesting to see how they can do it. :D

nielsss
July 23rd, 2006, 02:11
euhm a bit of topic but wraggster why cant i make new threats it says the following

nielsss, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

please can you have a look

stotheamuel
July 23rd, 2006, 02:28
I don't know about u guys.. but i hope it's another security patch

DAMN HACKERS :p

Voltron
July 23rd, 2006, 02:40
The firmware upgrade will only offer Video RSS? What a joke. Its only going to be another way to lock out homebrew. These are the 2 features I want to see in a new firmware:

1.) PSOne EMU
2.) 4GB storage limit raised to 8GB

New updates concern me. We are now so spoiled by DevHook and I fear that by the time the PSOne EMU comes out, the firmware my be really hard to emulate. Of course I have faith in the PSP Scene. Much has been said impossible but is now possible. Time will tell.

mog
July 23rd, 2006, 02:57
If they raise the storage limit, it should be for the true maximum MS size limit of 32GB...
The only reason for just 8GB would be to reserve higher sizes for bait to make people update! :mad:

Personally, I hope this update sucks even more than it sounds like it does.
Just so no one makes the mistake of updating! :)

***EDIT***
I'm not sure where I heard 32GB was the limit for MS size...
I think sony listed 8, 16 and 32 GB as future memory stick sizes that will be available on the PSP.

There isn't really a "true" limit... as long as the PSP supports FAT32?? (not FAT16?)
FAT16 limit = 4 GB (2 GB is the old standard though)
FAT32 limit = 2048 GB

If FAT16 is used then the firmware would need to be able to handle MS's with multiple partitions.
If FAT32 is used but can't go above 4 GB, then Sony has capped the max size in firmware, and just needs adjust the value. :rolleyes:

emuking
July 23rd, 2006, 03:08
yay video rss, all i want is that they make the browser faster, use available memory stick space on your card for cache memory so any page can be loaded so the bigger the card is the better, update the flash player 6 in the browser to flash player 8 so that i could watch youtube, guba, video.google on my psp, and java support in the browser so that you could play games like gunbound and runescape,java would have to be saved to mem stick though because app is big which is what i found out,also more video codec support for video files like avi,wmv,wav,xvid,divx and mpeg1/2/3, more audio codecs for ogg and drm or subscription files, view photos while listeting to music and vice versa, also listening to music anywhere in the xmb even while watching vids !!!, text support for rss so you can read the news or whatever, on the go file manager, option to stop umd auto start, 4th brightness level access, ebook reader and pdf support, alarm funtion and can use either a choice of music or videos to wake you up, support for an external official first party or third party tv/radio tuner as well as an external bluetooth adapter so that if you have a cellphone you can get online at anytime anywhere with the psp,

l Zero Fox l
July 23rd, 2006, 03:11
They should add more codecs like .wmv or .mpg for vids! I think converting is a hassle... ehh nvm the dude above me said like alot of great ideas

Bigbossadam
July 23rd, 2006, 03:19
PS1 baby. I would love to play MGS or Castlevania SOTN on the go..:D

emuking
July 23rd, 2006, 03:25
(continued from top)
also change action script in flash so that you can match buttons on psp,psp to psp chat like pictochat on the ds but with support for adhoc and infrastructure, support external mic to make and receive calls through wifi or small camera to make video calls as well as take pictures and record video or audio to save to stick or share with people over wifi with adhoc or infrastructure, camera addon from sony does this hopefully :), volume increase, and finally the most important would be to support usb hosting on psp so that it could act as a slave or pc to other devices so that you can use a portable harddrive on your psp that supports usb hosting or any other device that supports usb hosting, oh and finally for real is i want the update to include so you can use anything past the 4 gb limit, so that usb hosting is possible so that you can you a 40 gb hd or more on your psp, yay and sorry for the long post i just thought that if the psp did all this it would be perfect.........except for the games, later

Voorhees
July 23rd, 2006, 03:28
Hmmm i would like to see the new PS3 emu thats coming...but one thing... idont get it? how do they squeeze in that super power ps3 in a psp? :D

no seriously...i would like the ps1emu for sure..but i dont think will arrive just yet. Yea more codecs is on my wishlist. And maybe its just me but i want them to make the whole xmb more skinnable...so you could like download GTAlsc skinpack etc etc. Hmm camera software maybe some editing software..would be cool. hmmm what more, yea the flash player ... maybe some tweaks to make it more stable\faster. Some kind of instant messenger would be great if they were smart they would have put that in...then i should start considering again, brew.....messenger.....brew? of course that messenger is going to have support for sending files. Also i would love to see an built in file explorer.

My last wish..(actually its not, but i dont want to embarrese myself)

is that sony should really put some work on demo releasing, i got really happy when i saw that the loco roco demo got out...really good move by sony.

and one more thing....anyone knows what release number it is? cause i heard that ps1emu would be in firmware 3.0...maybe just jibbrish....thats it for me...PEACE OUT PSP LOVING COMMUNITY :):):):)

jwilds73
July 23rd, 2006, 03:55
PS1 Emu is going to require us to download at cost the games we already own for the PS1 . I seriously doubt they will allow us to rip our ps1 disc's to our memory sticks and play them.

gangsta_psp
July 23rd, 2006, 04:00
Homebrew to be allowed lol.

I also want:

-Support for A Mic

There already is mic support.

mike03$$$
July 23rd, 2006, 04:09
What I would Like to see

1.copy and paste for da web
2.more ram for psp
3.a better flash player the thing i played was games no music
4.web memory goes the stick on how much more mem is on
5.microsoft win xp menu to have the internet as internet ex
6.allow us to download programs such as limewire etc.
7.MORE SPACE

Tehcpt
July 23rd, 2006, 04:13
I would love to see the PS1 emu, but also.. the thing is how would it work, im fairly new to the Homebrew scene, but i love my Snes9xTyl and my RIN.

Btw Gangsta_PSP AWSOME OILERS GIRL!

lucidtraveller
July 23rd, 2006, 04:34
-Support for it to dispense PEZ

that might actually get me to upgrade my 1.5 .....unless i had to buy my Pez from $ony:p

BALL_SAC
July 23rd, 2006, 04:36
Well... to tell you... I dont even give a crap about what the future holds for the PSP. A PS1 emu sounds great, but with that comes a new security to the homebrew scene. Everytime someone finds an expliot in the newest firmware, you better belive they have Sony coders looking into it, and patching it any way they can.

judas_coach
July 23rd, 2006, 04:52
that guy is right. no one at sony computer entertainment cares about exploits. cause once they hear of it you know itll be patched in the next f/w update. but anyway i can wait until october for the PSOne emu but id like to see more demos. how ****ing hard can it be to release a demo to sell a few games? because of the LocoRoco demo i went out and bought the game.

liquid8d
July 23rd, 2006, 05:02
I don't have anything on a wishlist for sony firmwares, because I could care less. I am waiting for a new custom one.

IndianCheese
July 23rd, 2006, 05:08
Video RSS
Full GPS/Cam support
Overclocking to 333mhz for speedier Flash in browser

Kvonx
July 23rd, 2006, 05:10
i would definately want all of them...........+ more but the ps1 emulator iz on mi fav list

YourStillWithMe
July 23rd, 2006, 05:27
I dont even know why we are all making a wishlist if you upgrade no matter what Sony has to offer us, your a moron. I have full faith in Booster and Dark Alex. Patience is key Voltron-you said it right my friend, patience and time will tell. Even if the psone emu is released if you upgrade i pitty you it WILL be emulated on our 1.50's in time!

judas_coach
July 23rd, 2006, 05:44
Even if the psone emu is released if you upgrade i pitty you it WILL be emulated on our 1.50's in time!
in time you said. all good thigs come to 1.50ers IN TIME. upgraders get it all on the spot. devhook will only go so far before its impossible to emulate the newer firmwares. then what, huh?

EDIT: oh yeah and you say whats the point in making a wishlist blah blah... the name of the thread is what WOULD be on your wishlist... were not making one. :rolleyes:

balamqas
July 23rd, 2006, 05:51
:) well i hope some like interaccion usb with ps2 to play games or use like game pad or share content extra like game cube and gba:D

And also alots of emulators ;)

balamqas
July 23rd, 2006, 05:53
....yes i heard about ps3 and psp like a infrared game pad but whi not with ps2 ?? ehh

Cap'n 1time
July 23rd, 2006, 06:06
....yes i heard about ps3 and psp like a infrared game pad but whi not with ps2 ?? ehh

more likely wifi.

in time you said. all good thigs come to 1.50ers IN TIME. upgraders get it all on the spot. devhook will only go so far before its impossible to emulate the newer firmwares. then what, huh?

EDIT: oh yeah and you say whats the point in making a wishlist blah blah... the name of the thread is what WOULD be on your wishlist... were not making one.

Dont be an ass.

Overclocking to 333mhz for speedier Flash in browser

Forgive me for picking on you... XD you know it isnt "over clocking" its just boosting the clock speed. Good suggestion though.. It would be nice if the browser had a built in option to boost the clock speed.

luis_05
July 23rd, 2006, 06:19
No more firmware upgrades!! The homebrew scene has hackers working 24/7 delivering great homebrew!! lol

judas_coach
July 23rd, 2006, 06:20
Forgive me for picking on you... XD you know it isnt "over clocking" its just boosting the clock speed. Good suggestion though.. It would be nice if the browser had a built in option to boost the clock speed.
excuse me? dont be an ass he says.

EDIT: by the way, if the psp will be a WiFi remote instead of an IR one that would eat power like theres not tommorow. and how would the people who buy the PS3 Basic package use the psp remote function since it doesnt have built in WiFi support? sorry for 'being an ass'

goldenmage
July 23rd, 2006, 07:27
I guess those people are SOL. And I don't mind waiting for DevHook to emulate the new firmware. While I'm waiting, I can read an ebook, play SNES, stream video files to my PSP, emulate the 2.71 fw, etc... all on my 1.5!

Anyways, what would I like too see on the PSP...how 'bout sony releases its own homebrew-esque applications. Then they might not have to piss and moan about those who hack. Of course, knowing sony, we would have to pay for all these things...

jwilds73
July 23rd, 2006, 07:28

EDIT: oh yeah and you say whats the point in making a wishlist blah blah... the name of the thread is what WOULD be on your wishlist... were not making one. :rolleyes:

Worse case we get a mod chip so we can have the latest firmware and still run our older firmware or custom ones. Unless they come up with a way to block the mod chip we always have that option later.

mike03$$$
July 23rd, 2006, 07:34
They Need Copy & Paste For The Browser

dtothabreezy
July 23rd, 2006, 07:47
^^ why im just askin-- also they need a keyboard

judas_coach
July 23rd, 2006, 07:56
Worse case we get a mod chip so we can have the latest firmware and still run our older firmware or custom ones. Unless they come up with a way to block the mod chip we always have that option later.
hey give me a PM once you fork out the cash for one of those things.

kayhanbakid
July 23rd, 2006, 08:02
I don't really care about anything wifi or internet because I don't have wifi at my house. I don't mind using my computer (it's much faster). And I don't really care about the PS1 emulator because I would never pay for the same game twice.

More video codecs is a great idea though. If you could play any video on the PSP without converting, that would be awesome. If it could play vob's we would basically be able to play our DVD's on the PSP if you had a 4GB memory stick.

(Wakes himself up from daydream and slaps himself):o

benh
July 23rd, 2006, 08:19
Well i would like

PSOne emu
WIFI radio
maromeida flash player 8
A feature to stop the auto start up of umd if there is a disc in the drive when u turn the psp on
A send and recive feature for save game data
WMA is a supported video file
A rename files option in the video, music and photo menus
A password protect feature for your psp
A screen saver option

Now if an update had all of that it would be so cool
and i bet loads of people would update for all of that

Wally
July 23rd, 2006, 08:33
Wouldnt the camera be the eye toy?

Devhook to decrypt and we can fiddle!

jwilds73
July 23rd, 2006, 08:41
hey give me a PM once you fork out the cash for one of those things.

I will wait and see what happens with the PS3 release and PSP functionality then. If I deem is neccesary I will by all means purchase a mod chip at that time. Right now there are really no games I must own or features I must have that require me to upgrade. We'll have to see how the ps1 emulator is rolled out and how the PSP will work in conjunction with the PS3. I really wish Sony will make some sorta UMD drive for the PS3 or even one with a UMD drive built in. So I can play my games at home on the PS3 then sync my saves to the PSP and continue the game on the go. When and if I see these sorta features from Sony you can bet the mod chip will be on my shopping list.

Voltron
July 23rd, 2006, 08:58
If FAT32 is used but can't go above 4 GB, then Sony has capped the max size in firmware, and just needs adjust the value. :rolleyes:

If this is the case, wouldn't it be theoretically possible for a custom firmware to allow higher than 4GB storage? Maybe the file that contains the code is not discovered yet. But hopefully in the future with a custom firmware or DevHook MOD, the PSP can hold 8GB or higher.

If this could be achieved, I just might give up my 60GB Video iPod in favor of PMP on PSP.

judas_coach
July 23rd, 2006, 09:07
its a constant struggle between the choice to upgrade or not.

dieboybun
July 23rd, 2006, 09:15
maybe when you select teh connect usb to your computer option, there will be two sweet choices, one is the memory stick reader, the other one would be a sweet "use your psp as a controller for your pc" option

Junior
July 23rd, 2006, 09:35
A decent image browser suited to reading comics? AND Manga?

A decent ebook reader.

juliusceasar
July 23rd, 2006, 09:36
All I want in it is an Exploit, I've been stuck on 2.71 for some time now.

It was the same with 1.52 until 2.0 came out and they overlooked a little overflow issue when adding the tif format to the photo viewer.

Yeah I know, if I had a 1.5 why the hell did I update to 2.71? It's a question I keep asking myself.

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 09:38
Built in IRC client would be pretty sweet. But I wont hold my breath on that one. ;)

splodger15
July 23rd, 2006, 09:44
you ppl want the psp emu but how many of you would upgrade and lose all your homebrew

judas_coach
July 23rd, 2006, 09:48
sorry, you said we all wanted a psp emulator? damn right we do

dOOmy
July 23rd, 2006, 09:58
I would like something that when people look at the screen, it hypnotizes them and they give me all their money and their girl

Screwie5150
July 23rd, 2006, 10:32
PSone!!!

D0N
July 23rd, 2006, 11:46
My wishlist would be the PS1 emu & no security :D

Cyport
July 23rd, 2006, 12:00
I would like Xvid support also with .sub and .srt support! No more converting films for me.
I would also like the flash in the web browser updated.
And finally I want more internet features, such as shockwave.

I just wish sony would support more video codecs and formats. I hate converting :(

scottyboynow
July 23rd, 2006, 12:13
When this comes out supossedly thursday if it has a PSONE EMU And FF7 + FF8 Im Downloading For Sure

Malksta
July 23rd, 2006, 12:19
PSOne emulator with free FF7 and 8 with it :D

jwilds73
July 23rd, 2006, 13:27
I hope we all realize how much hacking has pushed Sony to pony up on PSP features in the timely fashion they have. If it wasn't for the hacker community we wouldn't see some of the features we have on the PSP yet. Sure there are security updates included with any firmware release. However if it wasn't for firmware hacking and all the custom programs to do all the features Sony didn't provide us with the PSP wouldn't be as far along as it is now.

SweetFA
July 23rd, 2006, 14:01
Main feature i'm looking for is Devhook compatability!

Video_freak
July 23rd, 2006, 15:26
Main feature i'm looking for is Devhook compatability!

haha me too. and a ps1 emulator and keyboard support

SSaxdude
July 23rd, 2006, 15:52
Don't update people, it will be emulated with Dev Hook. Everything is possible on 1.5. Hopefully when the Playstation emulator is released, we will be able to rip our own games to the memory stick and play them in Dev Hook.

Xiro
July 23rd, 2006, 16:02
Am i the only one not very excited about the PS1 emu? The ROMS are going to be huge and your going to have to pay for them.

One of the only reasons that i'm keeping my 1.5 is so that i can play Daedalus which eventually will have close to full speed and pretty high compatibility if stormin norman keeps at it like he is. I like n64 five times more than PS1

mike03$$$
July 23rd, 2006, 17:44
Copy & Paste

Video_freak
July 23rd, 2006, 17:55
Am i the only one not very excited about the PS1 emu? The ROMS are going to be huge and your going to have to pay for them.

One of the only reasons that i'm keeping my 1.5 is so that i can play Daedalus which eventually will have close to full speed and pretty high compatibility if stormin norman keeps at it like he is. I like n64 five times more than PS1

you have a very good poitnt. however, there were some really good psone games too. i dont think people are excited about being able to play all psone games on psp, but just there favorite(s)

YourStillWithMe
July 23rd, 2006, 18:33
Malkster-Good call, FFVII and VIII are the best games on the psone

tony hawk 1 and 2
metal gear solid
street sk8er's
syphon filters so good

Briggzy11
July 23rd, 2006, 19:57
Well I refuse to update so forget it, theres only 1 reason sony are doing this update and im pretty certain it involves homebrew. Devhook will emulate this new firmware soon anyway :D

BL4Z3D247
July 23rd, 2006, 19:59
Well I refuse to update so forget it, theres only 1 reason sony are doing this update and im pretty certain it involves homebrew. Devhook will emulate this new firmware soon anyway :D
same goes here, long live 1.5 custom fw!!! :D

omidontop
July 23rd, 2006, 20:17
The possiblity to connect to internet in Ad-Hoc mode would be nice, and of course a Psone Emulator without any limitation whatsoever would be amazing. :rolleyes:

July 23rd, 2006, 21:13
Avi support maybe

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 21:32
Something like xbox live arcade would be pretty cool.

Megaman Fanboy
July 23rd, 2006, 22:32
Well i would love the psone emulator on my psp so i can play megaman x4 on it!!!!!!!

i would also like to see more RAM in the web browser as some flash movies do not play as it comes up the message "there is not enough memory" and an udate to flash player 8 GO YOUTUBE!!!!

but in regards to truly being able to have 1.50fw AND the features of the latest firmware i HIGHLY recommend buying a second psp i own two myself one at fw1.50 and the other at fw2.71 so i can have homebrew games, plus the ability to play commercial games.

i love my DGEN, RIN, NESTERJ, and SNES9X

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 22:39
They could just let you use the memorystick for memory. That would be a lot better. Another thing that would be nice is an option on the xmb to choose the clock speed(222,266,300,333).

Megaman Fanboy
July 23rd, 2006, 22:44
i agree with you there as some games e.g. daxter tend to suffer from a poor frame rate when theres a lot to render so boosting the cpu clock to 333mhz would be benificial.

i would also love it if the next fw comes with the ability to play psp games on your tv via the ps2.

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 22:49
Well they said they are working on some type of video output so that is possible.

Megaman Fanboy
July 23rd, 2006, 23:18
in the next fw update i would also like it if animated .gifs would animate in the photo viewer instead of being static

Well they said they are working on some type of video output so that is possible.

that would be awesome!!!!!!!!

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 23:21
Yeah, they need to let animated gifs be viewed without going to the browser.

They should put usb anytime in the xmb as well.

Megaman Fanboy
July 23rd, 2006, 23:27
they should also give us the abilty to listen to internet radio through network. in that respect i mean .m3u support

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 23:31
We want a lot...

Maybe they should actually give us demos for that feature that they added...

Megaman Fanboy
July 23rd, 2006, 23:56
well they supply us with the hardware and we want to get our moneys worth out of it which is fair to be perfectly honest.
besides businesses work on a supply and demand basis so if they know people want a psone emulator they will give it to us (at a charge obviously)
my theory surrounding the whole we are sony lets block homebrew campaign is that they dont want to see content that was designed for machines developed by OTHER companies run on THIER hardware they might perhaps see it as an embarresment (no cause to but still) thats my theory but the whole ps1 emulator will go ahead as the ps1 was developed by sony, and people want it so they will do it of course at a charge.

i would also like it if you could oput video files in a the VIDEO directory and just click and drag instead of having to set up the wierd MP_ROOT file directories and renaming the files to wierd M4V00001 files this would be more user friendly to psp newcomers and make our jobs a lot easier!

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 23:59
Yeah, I dont see why they didnt just make a VIDEO folder. While looking through a fwdump I discovered a folder called MINIGAME, I would like to see that used.

r2works
July 24th, 2006, 00:02
a sega saturn emulator

Megaman Fanboy
July 24th, 2006, 00:06
While looking through a fwdump I discovered a folder called MINIGAME, I would like to see that used.

which fw was that? whatever it is it sounds sweet!!!!!

it would also be good if you wanted to access the internet on your psp but had no access point that you could use your mobile phone to access the web, via usb.

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 00:10
The MINIGAME folder has been there since at least 2.6

Megaman Fanboy
July 24th, 2006, 00:16
probably a beta test for commercial game downloads that has still not yet been implemented but lets wait and see..........

anyways what day is the fw update going to be? i heard it was thursday is that true???

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 00:21
Yeah, Thursday 7/27 or in UK 27/7

Megaman Fanboy
July 24th, 2006, 00:28
Yeah, Thursday 7/27 or in UK 27/7

thanks for the confirmation my v2.71 psp will be poised for the update then!!!!

i really hope this update will have .avi support as converting to .mp4 is a pain in the ass!! especially when 3gp converter throws up errors on some avi's wheras others convert fine.

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 00:30
Yeah avi and wmv would be good.

I also want to be able to choose button config(O or X as main button). I want to use O to make it FF7 style.

Megaman Fanboy
July 24th, 2006, 00:37
I also want to be able to choose button config(O or X as main button).
that would be cool as i have a few japanese imported games and they use O as the main button and X to exit and i do get spun out when i access save files on it as of that point all of a sudden X becomes enter and O becomes exit!!!

johnston829x
July 24th, 2006, 03:25
um yeeaah i dont think i will upgrade from 2.6 because ive learned to learn from my mistakes and not upgrade....unless sony took the "Security" B/S out...but if i had another psp that was used for upgrades i would hope for the ps1 emu and hope that the games are cheaper than $5 because thats how much they're worth now any way

YourStillWithMe
July 24th, 2006, 06:17
Megaman Fanboy-Dont upgrade your psp if you want a chance of running homebrew in the future. Look at the 2.50 and 2.60 firmware. . .did we ever think we would get kernel mode in them and get a downgrader? I didnt see that coming. Be patient and dont upgrade my friend is it really worth a few lousy updates? by the by-ever see the old megaman t.v show? its friggin sick dude roll was in it, and every episode rock stole a different power and it was just. . . .well amazing.

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 06:28
Yeah avi and wmv would be good.

I also want to be able to choose button config(O or X as main button). I want to use O to make it FF7 style.

I'm only asking cause I havnt yet used a firmware above 2.00.. does the PSP now have mpeg2 support?

If not, it would be nice to be able to dl things like mpeg2's, avi's, and wmv's from the web and directly be able to play them.

as for the mini game folder.. I recall seeing on some TV show that the japanese game "WTF" has some kind of weird lights game that is playable.. apparently.. it sucks though.

hanad
July 24th, 2006, 13:49

u can use it already just download PSPremote i have it already and i can use it as a game pad

Irfaan
July 24th, 2006, 14:56
What i would want the most is:

- PSone emulator (Brilliant games were Driver 2, FFVII, etc)
- GPRS (would be very helpful indeed!)
- Camera/eyetoy (whichb hopefully won't juice out the batteries
- Mic software (so you can record, save and edit!)
- Update on the web browser key input and the flash player
- more memory on web browser (a real pain for some flash apps that don't work
- a new type of app that will make mini-games run that are legal
- No friggin security on Homebrew
- Fully compatible videos of all types including DivX

And on the note, the PS1 games for free download, as another type of file that only works on the psp, that is also in a decent file size, from 100mb - 300mb. I can see this may be possible, it would be legal because it will only work on the PSP. I also imagine if sony makes these files instead of people making them themselves, they should decrease the size and aspect to fit the PSP screen instead of an aspect to fit the TVs screen.

Respect!

R@IDERS (I.R)

Cloud_35
July 24th, 2006, 15:54
No one has seen the goddamn web browser???

It's f**kin' slow!!!

Anyway, a PS1 emulator would be nice :) (Long live for Parasite eve!!)

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 16:49
Browser is slow, but thats why I turn off images unless I need them.

motormaniac
July 24th, 2006, 19:21
ps1 emu, new version of flash, customizable theme, organizes, notepad

Arellano
July 24th, 2006, 20:57
coooool is going to have wifi radio and wifi tv

Arellano
July 24th, 2006, 20:59
which firmware is going to be

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 21:00
It will be 2.80.

Irfaan
July 24th, 2006, 22:46
Woh-HOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

assesoffire
July 24th, 2006, 22:47
i hope a ps1 emu and easy to crack lol

F9zDark
July 24th, 2006, 23:08
Since we know whats in 2.8 already, this topic is rather pointless, but I'll delve into it anyway :)

-Faster browser
-Easier way to load movies onto the PSP
-More media formats

To all those wishing for PS1 emu, GPS and Camera; we know these things are coming in the fall. Sony has been pretty concrete about them and it would be wise to do so.

Christmas can damn near make or break any product. Sony would obviously save these key features for around that time period, when sales increase nearly 10 fold for any given high demand product.

GPS, Camera and PS1 emulator will increase PSP sales, probably exponentially. I know I will buy another one around Christmas time, because I want to use these features unhindered. (I originally bought the PSP because these features were slated to be made for it; about a year 3/4 later, we'll finally get it...)

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 23:48
There might be more than rss videos. Some of the things we want arent that big that they would even neccessarily be announced. With Sony, you never know what will happen...

Megaman Fanboy
July 25th, 2006, 22:32
Megaman Fanboy-Dont upgrade your psp if you want a chance of running homebrew in the future. Look at the 2.50 and 2.60 firmware. . .did we ever think we would get kernel mode in them and get a downgrader? I didnt see that coming. Be patient and dont upgrade my friend is it really worth a few lousy updates? by the by-ever see the old megaman t.v show? its friggin sick dude roll was in it, and every episode rock stole a different power and it was just. . . .well amazing.

well i do own two psp's ones at fw1.50 and the others at 2.71 i will be updating the 2.71 psp but not the 1.50 one, anyway thank you very much for the advice and i say ALL psp owners should heed your words. anyway i never watched the cartoon but i do own a LOT of megaman games, anyway this is off topic so i will finish off by saying that i would like a MUCH better web browser in the next firmware with MORE memory!!!!

eldj
July 26th, 2006, 08:28
no more security updates