PDA

View Full Version : DevHook 0.45 UMD-ONLY

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 09:36
MTWomg has done it again by patching the great Devhook program (created by Booster) and making it clean for us. Devhook 0.45 includes new controls for flash emulation and a few other new memory-stick protecting measures. In laymens terms this new version is more stable then ever before and in the world of Homebrew risk its always nice for safer eboots.

I've also included a token guide for those who may be new to Devhook. Remember that the version mistakingly number reads out as v0.44.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

juliusceasar
July 23rd, 2006, 09:39
It's great that dcemu doesn't host any sort of loaders but I find it odd that the new devhooks aren't even mentioned when they're released. Surely you can report on new devhook releases but not host any of the files until a legal one comes out?

jaydoo
July 23rd, 2006, 09:42
Legal?

I didnt think it was legal to mess around with, or modify the copyrighted firmware files in any way.

Can someone clarify?

tophead420
July 23rd, 2006, 09:42
ok now im downloading this one i have the one thats not umd only too but never used it now that this ones out im deleting the other lol

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 09:49
Legal?

I didnt think it was legal to mess around with, or modify the copyrighted firmware files in any way.

Can someone clarify?

We don't post anything that has certain "loading abilities"

You know what I'm getting at.

BelmontSlayer
July 23rd, 2006, 09:50
jaydoo: By mentioning that a new version of the illegal DevHook is out, it somewhat promotes piracy. Imagine this example:

Example PSP-News Topic:
DevHook Version 0.46 was released today, with better compatibility.

What the people hear:
DevHook Version 0.46 OUT NOW!!! Its illegal of course, so download it of another site instead!!!

Thats my guess as to why...

Oh and Kaiser, you posted "controls" twice...
...Devhook 0.45 includes new controls controls for...

siulmagic
July 23rd, 2006, 09:54
i cant wait for nand flash emulation unbricking psp wooho

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 09:54
Oh and Kaiser, you posted "controls" twice...
...Devhook 0.45 includes new controls controls for...

Fixed

Its 2:50 a.m. where I live so bare with me. I'm heading to bed right now.

jaydoo
July 23rd, 2006, 10:39
We don't post anything that has certain "loading abilities"

You know what I'm getting at.

Yeah sorry to nit pick.

I guess there are different degrees of legality.

mog
July 23rd, 2006, 13:24
Why is this more legal than the other one?
The old one didn't force people to use ISOs did it?

It's a bit like saying kitchen knifes are illegal if they could potentially be used as a weapon...
As long as they are only used for food preparation, there is nothing illegal about them...
I don't see how this is any different. :p

Uruz 6
July 23rd, 2006, 14:46
Well, regardless of what we say, sony will still consider everything made by users illegal..

shadowprophet
July 23rd, 2006, 14:53
I searched high and low for this lol
Good find bro :p

SSaxdude
July 23rd, 2006, 15:48
Most people are probably going to go to some other site and download a Dev Hook full package (which is considered illegal.)

Kvonx
July 23rd, 2006, 15:58
nice job kaiser...makin it clean for us

F9zDark
July 23rd, 2006, 17:11
Legal?

Can someone clarify?
I am on the psp so bear with me. Releasing and distributing
sony`s firmware files is illegal that`s why you need to make the dump of the firmware yourself.

This version, I read, is capable of running homebrew in emulated 2.71. Is this true?

Malksta
July 23rd, 2006, 17:17
Damnit, cant get 2.71 to work i did extacly what it said in the guide but i just get a Black Screen then my PSP Turns off

Squidman
July 23rd, 2006, 17:38
I've had this for quite a while, only diff is that mine is the full package, but i can't do nething illegal with it because i don't have any ISO's, nor do i have any tools to edit the firmware. Would this package still be considered illegal in mi hands?

Malkster: Ok, if you are setting it to 333MHz, you must have a UMD in the drive, if set to 222MHz u don't need a UMD. u can set it to 333 while emulating it anyways with HOME+SELECT

Malksta
July 23rd, 2006, 17:49
Its already set to 222Mhz i just want to emulate the firmware not play any UMD's

Squidman
July 23rd, 2006, 18:07
Ok, well that worked for me, so just lauch the disk, and hit home then yes, then have ur fun emulating 2.71 :)

BL4Z3D247
July 23rd, 2006, 19:14
yeh the loadin of emus works on 2.71 but the have to be recompiled for DH to load it, someone on maxconsole recompiled the nesterj v1.1 to load w/ 2.71(emulated) devhook

PSPCRACKER
July 23rd, 2006, 19:18
wat so diffrent in this release?

BL4Z3D247
July 23rd, 2006, 19:22
u can now load emus thru 2.71 emulated and im sure some minor fixes

hempy
July 23rd, 2006, 19:28
i agree with mog. its pathetic to think u people actually believe devhook is illegal as an app. its what u can do with it that could be illegal. you all need to get ur heads out of ur asses and realalize whats really goin on

BL4Z3D247
July 23rd, 2006, 19:32
i have the "illegal" version too but i've never once used or even thought about usin I$Os i just wanted the ability to load emus on 2.71 and not have to wait for the patched version :D

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 20:04
i agree with mog. its pathetic to think u people actually believe devhook is illegal as an app. its what u can do with it that could be illegal. you all need to get ur heads out of ur asses and realalize whats really goin on

I never said anything about legalites. I simply said it was a clean version. I'm tired of your trolling so I'm going to ban you for awhile to give you some time to grow up.

ataribob
July 23rd, 2006, 21:37
I find it funny that people would call it illegal .
Take away the XXX and leave only UMD version.
And call it legal :rolleyes: .

And other people say it's how it's used to be illegal ..

It's got Sony's Firmware and all the other goodies That Sony did not give away.

Call it what you want. It's still illegal in any version.
But who is that going to stop.
Not me ;)

I have the best version

sirhax0r
July 23rd, 2006, 22:16
Excuse me for saying this, but "that which we will not name as we cannot speak of them"s arent illegal until they are used for illegal purposes. Does anyone remember the LocoRoco demo "you-know-whats" that were hosted on DcEmu?

IWantMyMTV
July 23rd, 2006, 22:32
It's a bit like saying kitchen knifes are illegal if they could potentially be used as a weapon...
As long as they are only used for food preparation, there is nothing illegal about them...
I don't see how this is any different. :p

Your logic is a bit flawed...kitchen knives are never illegal, but DevHook is not analogous to a kitchen knife. It's more like an H&K MP5 (which is illegal in the U.S. whether you've shot at anybody or not). It wasn't designed to cut vegetables...it was designed to kill people. You may choose not to use it as a weapon, but that was still it's primary design.

DevHook was developed to run that acronym that we cannot name in this forum.

Now as far as legality of homebrew...*shrug* I'm not quite sure. I imagine a lot of homebrew is quite legal. Emulators are a bit different since the roms required to enjoy them are, by and large, still under copyright.

Sony's biggest reason for upgrading firmware is to prevent PSP owners from playing pirated material. No one wants to make games for a system that are readily pirated. Sony has to demonstrate good faith to the game developers/publishers or they'll have a platform with no games, and more importantly, they won't be receiving any licensing fees which is how most video game hardware vendors make their money. Microsoft wasn't making any huge profits on sales of the XBox360. They'll get the money back through licensing. Thank you Nintendo for that business model. It worked much better than the flawed Atari 2600 model.

However (back to the point), the files necessary to get DevHook to emulate firmware are freely available from Sony or can be decrypted from UMDs. As long as you don't sell or redistribute said files (data and reboot) to others, I can't see how it's illegal, but I'm not a copyright lawyer.

I personally applaud dcemu for their stance and don't view it as hypocritical at all. Pirating software (ie the acronym that we can't use) is self-defeating. If developers can't make money off their games, they will stop developing them. Everybody loses. In the case of emulators (legal or illegal), very few companies are intending to make a profit off Warsong for the Genesis. No one but used video game stores even sell the hardware to play it or the Genesis cart. Developers make no money from the re-sells. While still illegal, I can sleep at night playing Warsong on the PSP (and at one time, I owned both the system and the cart...they are now in a landfill somewhere...may they rest in peace).

If you go to many of those other sites that host the full versions of DevHook, you will see that their threads all center about which IS-s (acronym that I can't use) work and with what compression routines.

I love DevHook, and since I loaded it up two weeks ago and verified it worked with Burnout: Legends (1.52) which I owned and was running with Genesis Launcher, I've bought Daxter, Field Commander, and Worms: Open Warfare.

I can't wait to buy Tekken on Tuesday. I don't have to search the web for a Tekken IS- (acronym that I can't use), and then read hours worth of threads to figure out how to fit the UMD on a 1 GB memory stick. I can just buy it and play it with DevHook.

Thank you Booster for DevHook...BOTH Warsong and Tekken on the PSP...a middle-aged gamer's dream come true.

Thank you DCEMU for taking an anti-piracy stand which only makes sense (to me)...I'm not sure why the people who don't get it just don't stay at one of your competitors' sites...

notaforumtroll
July 23rd, 2006, 23:07
Is there a change log, or a post that describes the content of the package provided in this post?

It appears to me this tread has filled with
meaningless/useless/redundant opinions and replies.

Who gives a shit if its illegal or legal. Sony probably doesnt want you to use it. And you're going to use it anyway. so stfu and post something useful.
You know because 99% of us are going to use it for "Educational Purposes" and not to boot into 2.71 and play eye-esss-ohhs
right.....All these websites are a haven for piracy. look at the adds, modchip 4gig microdrives, regular users dont require 4gig microdrives or memsticks, because all their software is legal. and if they are copying movies over, chances are they were downloaded illegaly anyway and are in violation of copyright infringments.
Its no different that telling people not to use drugs, while supplying them with the information of exactly where when and from who to find them. lets stop this "anti-piracy charade and at least own up to what we are all doing here.

Anymore info on this release?

BelmontSlayer
July 24th, 2006, 01:33
I searched high and low for this lol
Good find bro :p

:( Actually, I was the one who found it...I submitted it to the "Submit News Forum", then Kaiser posted it up on the site.

shadowprophet
July 24th, 2006, 01:35
:( Actually, I was the one who found it...I submitted it to the "Submit News Forum", then Kaiser posted it up on the site.
:D I searched, since 0.45's original release for the umd only patch ;) Trust me I know bro, it wasnt easy to find :) Congrats brother;)

IWantMyMTV
July 24th, 2006, 01:54
It appears to me this tread has filled with
meaningless/useless/redundant opinions and replies.

Including, or more particularly, yours...

I thought Kaiser's original post answered your question...but then I believe you're too busy reading the meaningless/useless/redundant opinions...

R.I.F. (and the 'r' isn't for ranting)

ataribob
July 24th, 2006, 01:59
The Pirates have been saling the seas for a long time.

Bill Gates started it with someone elses work

BelmontSlayer
July 24th, 2006, 02:05
Is there a change log, or a post that describes the content of the package provided in this post?

Here it is (Taken from the original v0.45)...I removed any changes that referenced iSOs.

DevHook v0.45- Launching PSP Homebrew on emulated 2.71 FW now possible!

Changelog:

- Support for loading EBOOT.PBP on memory stick and EBOOT.BIN on UMD in ELF format.
- Added more exclusive controls added to flash emulation. As well as other memory stick breaking countermeasures.
- Memory map changed for rebooting.

To-Do:

- FW2.71 registry initialization failure problem.
- Stabilize flash emulation (file access).
- NAND driver level emulation

Notes:

- You will need to edit the SFO file that's in the SDK folder in order to make your homebrew compatible. For instructions on how to convert your hombrew load the "homebrew on 2.xx+devhook" EBOOT in the emulated fw.

- For NoAutoRun, in hex 2390 change F8 FF to 00 00.

- It still appears to freeze with 333 MHz, the 2.0 wlan.prx didn't fix the 333 MHz boot problem on 44 or 45.. it just allows to run the WiFi at 333mhz and burn it out.

- 1.5 Flash Mode seems to work back fully again in v0.45: no need for additional loadexec.prx, only the 1.5 reboot.bin from the 1.5 dump to dh\150F. Hitchhikr's 'Kernel Mode Under Firmware 2.6' does NOT work though.

Squidman
July 24th, 2006, 02:11
Just thrown' this link out to ppl on macs that are havn' trouble installing this on their psp's, it's like the n00b installer, but it's for macs and will get it on there for ya mac users!:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/654

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 02:53
Actually mi friend it is a great find but this has been out for over 2 weeks now at a spanish web site im not sure if dark and the guys host there stuff there first or how they get it but all the releases have been at that web for 2 weeks before.

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 05:13
Actually mi friend it is a great find but this has been out for over 2 weeks now at a spanish web site im not sure if dark and the guys host there stuff there first or how they get it but all the releases have been at that web for 2 weeks before.

well if you see this kind of stuff please always post it in the submit news on dcemu first thing.. WE LOVE IT WHEN YOU GUYS SUBMIT NEWS! seriously, this is your site too.. while you cant manage and moderate it, you can always contribute to it! :)

shibby420182
July 29th, 2006, 03:12
wow a devhook thread died? whats this site comming to?!?

Forsak3n
July 31st, 2006, 18:55
Someone PM me with the 2.6 stuff needed!
i have the pbp unpacker, but i need the firmware stuff

NeoXCS
August 1st, 2006, 09:53
Someone PM me with the 2.6 stuff needed!
i have the pbp unpacker, but i need the firmware stuff

Can't help you Forsak3n! :p We're not allowed to discuss where to get the files for firmwares! ;)

But yeah, I love DevHook. I hope support for 2.8 comes with the next release! :D

mastersho
August 14th, 2006, 19:11
Help me please! Im losing it! I did all the steps to use the dev hook only to be told that the firmware can be decrpyted. can someone tell he why or help be because this is like the last step i need to take and its driving me mad!!

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 19:12
I'll help you through email or MSN, much easier ;)

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 16:32
Cool emill me cuz im losing it again

jim80b
August 15th, 2006, 16:43
hi all
not really devhook .45, but .46 question
i want to know more about the flash intergration (ie wtf is it and is it stable/quicker etc)
since flashing harleys custom my mphl stopped working and no more gta for me,
currntly using .45 to run the umd but if the flash intergration helps with load times am all for trying it out

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 19:14
im i don'tknowif i should post this cuz i might get banned(which would suck cuz this is the best psp site around) but a found a site with dev hook verson 0.41. anyway i wanted to know if i copied the newest verson 's eboot will it still work???

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 19:16
im i don'tknowif i should post this cuz i might get banned(which would suck cuz this is the best psp site around) but a found a site with dev hook verson 0.41. anyway i wanted to know if i copied the newest verson 's eboot will it still work???
As long as you have the firmware dumps, I think just changing the eboot will work. ;)

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 19:18
nice thank you for the help and quick question how didi you do your sig cuz i can't doit right( i don't have the time always fixing pc'sand all).

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 19:19
which part of my sig. the invacive one or the NES M82 one?

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 19:21
interactive it rocks out loud

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 19:22
go to http://mydesktophelp.com/, and when you are done, it will give you a link. on DCEmu, you go to make your sig and click on add picture. you put the link they gave you in that box ;)

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 19:45
Thanx I plan on becoming more active on this site cuz i been leechin for a long time!

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 19:45
Your welcome. I see you got it working. ;)

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 19:52
Yet im gonna start work on a sholin showdown games, i just need so sprites and to get a coding team together cuz that show as a ability to be a mario partyish game with a bit of power stone action.

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 19:53
Good luck with that mastersho

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 20:26
thanx i tired to sale that idea to nintendo on there board but i didn't get an answer soo im gonna make my on game!

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:27
thanx i tired to sale that idea to nintendo on there board but i didn't get an answer soo im gonna make my on game!
That's the way to go in life! Nintendo has probably stolen your idea by now though. :(

dootiez
August 23rd, 2006, 17:57
Sup fellas, I'm a noob PSP owner and I recently downgraded to 1.5. Thing is my friend gave me Tekken and Madden 06 but it won't run on my 1.5 firmware, and I don't wanna upgrade. I heard about how devhook .45 can play 2.0+ firmware games.

Well, I read the faq (courtesy of AstroBoy's DevHook v0.41b Tutorial @ http://www.psprevolution.net/forum/thread.php?threadid=2071&hilight=devhook+faq), downloaded the devhook file and started the install but I'm stuck. Everytime I try to run Madden, it just blanks out.

I then realized I needed to re-extract the devhook and insert the "decompressed 2.71 reboot.bin" file. I tried googling it but lots of sites have taken it down, claiming that they don't have the rights to post it on their sites. I tried looking for the file on this site but it seems no one has posted it. I was wondering if anyone has the decompressed 2.71 reboot.bin file, can you send me the file? Thanks in advance!

Video_freak
August 23rd, 2006, 17:59
I'll need your eMail address dootiez. ;)

dootiez
August 24th, 2006, 13:06
Actually someone on the Dreamcast forum gave me the file, so thanks Video Freak for lending an ear! Thanks!

dootiez
August 24th, 2006, 13:07
And Video Freak, which part of the Bay are you from? I'm also from the Bay as well! =D

gamer456
August 25th, 2006, 17:43
love this thing recently downgraded from 2.6, i have all the the features of 2.71 plus i can play all my 2.xx games on 1.5

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:47
love this thing recently downgraded from 2.6, i have all the the features of 2.71 plus i can play all my 2.xx games on 1.5
Ah, the beauty of Devhook and the kindness of Booster. :)

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 17:51
Yes and im sad that it stopet at DEVHOOK .46. But only for now

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:52
Yes and im sad that it stopet at DEVHOOK .46. But only for now
It'll NEVER die!! Muahaha! (or at least I hope... :o)

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 17:57
Cant wait till we here 2.80 is fully working with devhook. Muahhahahahah

jak66
August 25th, 2006, 17:59
well if you manage to decript 2.8, DON'T TELL ANYONE (until 3.0 comes out)
maybe the same decription method will be used in 3.0, then we have that on devhook as well :D

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 18:01
Yeah, for all we know 2.8 is decypted, but since there's nothing really new in it, they're just waiting for 3.0 and the PSone emu! :D

JD/
August 25th, 2006, 18:38
that would rock does anyone know the price psone games will be on.

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 18:41
that would rock does anyone know the price psone games will be on.
No one knows right now. Sony is going to release info soon. :)

shawtay7
August 26th, 2006, 12:56
Hey, I'm having trouble finding the decompressed 2.71 reboot.bin file... Can anyone please send the file to me? Email address - [email protected]
Thanks!

hpolat
August 26th, 2006, 16:38
can u mail me the 2.71 reboot bin 2 ? i have tried to find it on google.. but nowhere :S:(

hpolat
August 26th, 2006, 16:38
can u mail me the 2.71 reboot bin 2 ? i have tried to find it on google.. but nowhere :S:(..

my email is

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

hpolat
August 26th, 2006, 16:41
Sup fellas, I'm a noob PSP owner and I recently downgraded to 1.5. Thing is my friend gave me Tekken and Madden 06 but it won't run on my 1.5 firmware, and I don't wanna upgrade. I heard about how devhook .45 can play 2.0+ firmware games.

Well, I read the faq (courtesy of AstroBoy's DevHook v0.41b Tutorial @ http://www.psprevolution.net/forum/thread.php?threadid=2071&hilight=devhook+faq), downloaded the devhook file and started the install but I'm stuck. Everytime I try to run Madden, it just blanks out.

I then realized I needed to re-extract the devhook and insert the "decompressed 2.71 reboot.bin" file. I tried googling it but lots of sites have taken it down, claiming that they don't have the rights to post it on their sites. I tried looking for the file on this site but it seems no one has posted it. I was wondering if anyone has the decompressed 2.71 reboot.bin file, can you send me the file? Thanks in advance!

have u got the reboot.bin file?? can u please mail it to me if you have it.. my mail is [email protected]

thanks in advance

vyas5
September 1st, 2006, 16:33
ive read the readme files and all of that and i dont understand or have the files, could someone just post ALL the files needed and simple instructions so i can use this.
thnx in advance.

Koooookalo
September 2nd, 2006, 18:27
Can someone please email me the 2.71 reboot file? It is proving to be very elusive... oops... almost forgot
[email protected]

vyas5
September 3rd, 2006, 18:11
could some post all the files needed and a simple instruction or email it to me at [email protected]

muffinman
September 3rd, 2006, 20:57
im not sure if dcemu allows us to post the 2.71 reboot file. if its ok ill post it up for you guys.

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 21:27
It is not ok to post it or ask for it. It's not that tough to find it or find somebody and PM them to find it. Do not talk anymore about the reboot.bin file, where to find it, or who has it. Do that through email or on a site like pspupdates but not here. Thank you.

Ti-83 programming fk
September 4th, 2006, 00:25
I noticed that mog has fw 1.00, is that better than 1.5 for using homebrew?:confused:

Where does a composite flash object belong(a game file I extracted),do I need an eloader, and where would that go(show file path)?

This may seem like a stupid question, but i haven't found any explainations online.

Roxas
September 10th, 2006, 00:49
By deving to 2.71 u will play ur UMD games n have access to other things but can u still play hombrews will ur in 2.71 or do u have to do somwthing.

Gravity_Dragon
September 12th, 2006, 07:22
This is getting on my nerves in ways i didn't think possible.:mad: Everythime I load devhook it just goes
black, then my psp turns off. what settings do I need to get this thing to start in 2.71 mode
Game: valkyrie profile
psp: 1.5
Devhook .45

motormaniac
September 13th, 2006, 00:48
sounds pretty sweet

thaforgottenone
September 13th, 2006, 01:34
Videofreak i sent u an email... pls help

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 01:35
Ok, I'll check them....

shuaib82a
September 16th, 2006, 14:47
so can u dump yer umds onto memorystick and play them from there?????

Freshmilk
September 16th, 2006, 15:17
I don't think we're meant to suggest illegal software, but Devhook Ultimate Installer will install 2.71 firmware and a few extras simply at a click of a button. Its only for windows, but im going to stop short of pointing where you could get you dirty little hands on it, just in case people assume this is advertising. I just think its rather good, the only thing wrong is that it installs copyright files without a license to use them.
I may be wrong, but i think it now covers this aswell.

Anyways, im gonna be quiet now before i get banned.

looperman1000
September 20th, 2006, 17:11
sorry about this guys, i just dont think i can do the other way as i am unsure. So if someone could send me a 2.71 reboot.bin i would be over the moon.
my addy is [email protected]

dejkirkby
September 20th, 2006, 17:13
sorry about this guys, i just dont think i can do the other way as i am unsure. So if someone could send me a 2.71 reboot.bin i would be over the moon.
my addy is [email protected]
The file you are after is copyrighted by $ony and is illegal to use. Your best bet is google DevHook Ultimate Installer.

ACID
September 20th, 2006, 17:18
Witch also includes that file. Not a good move dejkirkby. Next time just say google for devhook.

looperman1000
September 21st, 2006, 09:48
thankyou dejkirkby

Roxas
October 6th, 2006, 00:46
I think i asked this question b4, but i dont really remember wat u guys answer so im going to ask it agian.
What r the chances to getting a break psp will devhooking?

Edit#1. If put an new intro will it play? just asking cuz on the guide it say No Intro meaning wat?

nemoseiya
October 8th, 2006, 02:01
how come when I download the devhook sample launcher.zip and I try to extract the zip file I get a message saying the file is invalid or corrupted?

Video_freak
October 8th, 2006, 02:26
how come when I download the devhook sample launcher.zip and I try to extract the zip file I get a message saying the file is invalid or corrupted?
Try using WinRAR, it unzips .RARs and .ZIPs perfectly. I'm guessing the error comes from your unRARer...

bucks1605
November 1st, 2006, 22:55
Could someone please email me the decompressed 2.71 reboot.bin file my email is [email protected]

Thanks

Boardman2411
November 15th, 2006, 22:17
is there such a thing as a devhook for a firmware 2.00 psp?