PDA

View Full Version : PRXdecrypter v2.4

wraggster
March 7th, 2010, 23:12
News via http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=37651&view_reply=1

The developer jas0nuk issue, nearly two months after the last release, an update to PRXdecrypter, the tool that allows you to extract and decrypt the modules. Prx contained in the official firmware, in the custom firmware, in games and demos. This new update adds the keys to decrypt the files to the last official firmware 6.20, with the help of the coder bbtgp that, you will recall, has also released the latest updated version of PSARDUMPER.

Changelog v2.4:

Quote:

- New keys for fw until 6:20

blackrave
March 8th, 2010, 21:03
It's worth noting that jas0nuk has sold his last PSP and will no longer be particularly involved in this scene.

It's been 4 years since I first entered the PSP scene, and those 4 years were a privilege to be part of. A lot has changed since the days of kxploit. We've had a lot of fun battling Sony back and forth with their constant diversion and obfuscation tactics, watched a lot of drama unfold over some quite petty incidents, and seen some real triumphs of talent and ability from great minds such as Dark_AleX, but the past few months have seen a steady and obvious decline in the number of people following the scene and the number of developers still active. With this in mind, I thought it'd be worth letting those of you who are still around that I have sold my last remaining PSP, my silver first gen PSP 2000 - it served me well.

I am still interested in the scene and will continue to update PRXdecrypter and PSPident as long as there is still a demand for them (please reply to this thread if you still want to see these apps updated). However, if/when the time comes where they require a major rewrite, which would obviously be impossible for me to do without a PSP, I will clean up and release the source code.

For anyone wondering why I did this: partly because I don't see an imminent recovery in the PSP scene soon, partly because the hardware is outdated (and has been for a while), partly because it has been sitting in my drawer for months doing nothing, and a tiny bit because I wanted to free up some cash to buy a Nexus One (a quite amazing phone, if anyone is looking at buying one).

Many thanks.

M3wThr33
March 12th, 2010, 23:27
Well, it's out there.

HOPEFULLY it'll lead to some kind of 6.20 CFW. It's ridiculously overdue. Birth by Sleep STILL isn't running on this crap even with hacks on top of hacks.