PDA

View Full Version : CAPCOM CPS1 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
July 23rd, 2006, 20:06
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/cps1psp_icon.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/)the coder of the Best Neogeo MVS and Neogeo CD emulators for the PSP has now released the first dedicated CPS1 Emulator for the PSP:

Heres the translated whats new:

The game of QSOUND does not operate yet.
Because the idea contest is omission but, is difficult, this way.

* With old game of large demon boundary village and the like, dip switch of demonstration sound and continuing permission
 Inscription becoming opposite, it increases. You correct with the following release, it is with.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

oblivioner
July 23rd, 2006, 20:12
awesome, lets try it out

wraggster
July 23rd, 2006, 20:14
yeah any posts of compatibility will help others ;)

PeterM
July 23rd, 2006, 20:30
Street Fighter 2 works fine.

aries2k4
July 23rd, 2006, 20:31
NJ, you are the man. canīt wait to test this out.
Great job. your amazing

rehbock
July 23rd, 2006, 20:32
translated readme by google ...

NEOGEO CDZ Emulator 0.5 beta 3 for PSP

Because it is beta edition, whether well enough there is also a game which does not operate that.

Modification point beta 3

Because [komandorisuto] was not read, correction.

Because operativity of [huairuburauza] deteriorates rather, zip which is added with 0.4 it abolished the title_x.sys display function of the game which was compressed.

Usual it is thing, but you think that there is no compatibility of save state.
Because you think, that each time it modifies to formal edition, in the future you do not write.

Modification point beta 2

Timer correcting processing.

watchdog correcting processing.

Renewing the version of state save. There is no version and compatibility before.

Modification point beta 1

NEOGEO emulation modification to the same processing as ngepsp.

Because structure inside is modified substantially attendant upon description above, it became not be able to use the state data of the time before. (It has become not be able to select Load)

It corresponded to raster effect. When you can try with ngepsp, it is understood, but for rather heavy processing, when it makes effective, effective speed falls substantially.

Windows below dragging from edition, trouble of the game was corrected.
The land is not indicated with 1.ssideki2 raster effect as effective.
2.karnovr Jean the background of stage/round 1 is not indicated.

Part effective speed improved with the game.
(Gal Ford of true theory samurai spirits opening and the like)
but no compatibility list atm

Baboon
July 23rd, 2006, 20:36
I've got working (all pretty perfectly):
3wonders
captain commando
carrier air wing
caddalacs and dinosaurs (no sound)
dynasty wars
final fight
forgoton releams
ghouls and ghosts
knight of the round table
king of dragons
megaman
mercs
mega twins
nemo
pang3 (japan)
quiz and dragons
SF2
SF2ce
SF2hf (the fireballs seem to disapear sometimes on this version?)
stider
Pnickies
un squadron

All of the above played damn near perfect, plus the sound seems spot on to me.

Not working:

Warriors of fate, punisher, varth, willow, magic sword ...all load then go to a black screen. Saturday slam master errors and fails to load.

Not bad for an alpha release!

D0N
July 23rd, 2006, 20:56
Great work NJ! Keep it up! Not bad for a first version.

nexus68
July 23rd, 2006, 21:05
I've got working (all pretty perfectly):

All of the above played damn near perfect, plus the sound seems spot on to me.

Not working:

Warriors of fate, punisher, varth, willow, magic sword ...all load then go to a black screen. Saturday slam master errors and fails to load.

Not bad for an alpha release!

varth and willow work great for me with sound :D
To go to the menu setting push SELECT+START

Zombo
July 23rd, 2006, 21:11
WOW,Is there anything this guy can't do?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 23rd, 2006, 21:18
mant this guy is a fkin god.Thxs hope its updated as often as his neo geo one.

SmashinGit
July 23rd, 2006, 21:25
Excellent news, thanks nj

jOeBrO
July 23rd, 2006, 21:29
ok, can someone explain to me what roms this actually plays? i've never seen a capcom cps1 emu before so i have no idea what it emulates/what type of roms are needed.(i'm not asking where to get the roms only what type plz no flame :) )

nexus68
July 23rd, 2006, 21:39
ok, can someone explain to me what roms this actually plays? i've never seen a capcom cps1 emu before so i have no idea what it emulates/what type of roms are needed.(i'm not asking where to get the roms only what type plz no flame :) )
just MAME 0.106 roms.

jOeBrO
July 23rd, 2006, 21:44
oh ok thanks a lot nexus i'm dling some now :D

nexus68
July 23rd, 2006, 21:53
oh ok thanks a lot nexus i'm dling some now :D
it's not all MAME roms, just cps1 for now but with NJ. :D

SpacemanSpiff
July 23rd, 2006, 21:55
Its pretty odd that the games run at full speed 60 fps with sound at 11 khz but if you increase the sound to 44 khz then the speed decreases dramatically, like all the way down to ~ 20 fps. Maybe if he moved sound emulation to the media engine it could fix this problem.

SteveV2
July 23rd, 2006, 22:23
OMG, street fighter 2 runs pretty much perfectly

Baboon
July 23rd, 2006, 22:25
varth and willow work great for me with sound :D
To go to the menu setting push SELECT+START

I think it was my rom set, I've got Willow working fine now! :)

firedragon_jing
July 23rd, 2006, 22:39
This is great, I hope they find a way to emulate CPS2, or just to emulate Marvel vs. Capcom or even better Marvel vs. Capcom 2, that's the arcade game I've been wanting to play on my PSP ever since Darkstalkers came out.

pkmaximum
July 23rd, 2006, 22:45
Wow this emulator is truleye something amazing it runs most CPS-1 games that I tested at nearly full speeds with great sound quality. I just think the sound has to be moved over to the media engine. Also another things I hope to see in the future for this emulator:

1. Top priority- Multiplayer Support ^_^

2. Greater sound quality from the Media Engine (Kernal)

3. Save State Support, Load

4. Customizable keys to get into the emulator menu.

Otherwise this emulator is extremely great for only an alpha I can't wait to see more releases of this emulator and I really hope multiplayer support is finally added to one of these emulators because they are truely something amazing.

ACID
July 23rd, 2006, 22:55
Man this is great NJ.

sgamemu22
July 23rd, 2006, 23:08
Sweet

SteveV2
July 23rd, 2006, 23:18
Why would it need a save state adding?

These kind of games are purely pick up and play, you know, arcade games :)

emuking
July 24th, 2006, 00:27
good job, but i found out the only two games i want to play are only cps2, i hope nj works on a cps2 emulator, this guy can practically do anything :D

vettacossx
July 24th, 2006, 00:30
oboy oboy oboy i feel like a kid in a candy shop you spoil me DCemu psp-news!!!:) cps2 would really send me right over that thin line that devides sanity from psycho!

fav arcade game EVER marvel vs capcom 1 and 2

pkmaximum
July 24th, 2006, 00:31
Unfort. NJ said that CPS-2 emulation is not really a whole lot possible on the PSP because of the memory consumption that just sound alone takes, then let alone the emulation it self would only run at about a grusome 10 fps. So basically he said he will just stick to cps-2 emulation and doesn't plan on moving beyond that.

wilbur
July 24th, 2006, 00:35
INCREDIBLE

I Presume i'm gunna need a system bios to get this running.

anyone out there willing to give me a hint on how to get hold of it? googles not giving me results

luis_05
July 24th, 2006, 00:47
ok 1941 is not showing correctly, it is sideways anyhelp? all the other games showed up correctly

jaws365
July 24th, 2006, 00:52
NICE, WORKS GREAT!!! Would be cool to have ME support, so we can have high quality sound on these great classics. Could not get Cadillacs & Dinosaurs to work.

I bought the Capcom Collection to play Final Fight and Forgotten Worlds, that was a lame thing to do. However I get to listen to the music of the games separately, or in game with customizeable volume, which is friggin cool :)

Good luck with developing this!

fucht017
July 24th, 2006, 01:27
About 1941 and Mercs....They where vertical shooters,just like in the arcades...You must be stil young Luis 05;)

BL4Z3D247
July 24th, 2006, 01:52
ok the roms aren't showin up in the emu can somebody give me an example of what files go into the rom folder, thanx in advanced as always :D

oninotsume
July 24th, 2006, 02:44
I tried to post this before, but I'm not allowed to post things on the news page, so I'll post it here.

NJ says that the sound emulation in CPS1 is extremely taxing on the emulation because it is 7 channel sound, therefore it must be dropped in quality in order to run the emulator at a respectable speed. On top of that the CPS1 draws 4 backgrounds as well as sprites, making it much more demanding than the NeoGeo.

Raster effects, in particular line scrolling, of the type used in Street Fighter 2 is also very demanding, so you should turn it off if you wish to speed up the emulator.

Finally, he has absolutely no desire to work on a CPS2 emulator. The main reason is that the CPS2 encryption prevents fast access to the C68K ( I think that's what he called it). So, because of this CPS2 games could only hope to run at around 10fps.

In any case, this CPS1 is rocking, so what more could you ask for.:D

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 02:50
Interesting but NJ will get it done

luis_05
July 24th, 2006, 03:11
About 1941 and Mercs....They where vertical shooters,just like in the arcades...You must be stil young Luis 05;)

lol!! yeah i am but i love old games. Thanks for the history lesson dude!!! lol

oninotsume
July 24th, 2006, 03:50
Blazed 247

Create a roms folder inside of the CPS1 folder. Make sure all your roms are zipped, and they should show up.

BL4Z3D247
July 24th, 2006, 03:57
Blazed 247

Create a roms folder inside of the CPS1 folder. Make sure all your roms are zipped, and they should show up.
ahhh i see thanx :D

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 05:09
INCREDIBLE

I Presume i'm gunna need a system bios to get this running.

anyone out there willing to give me a hint on how to get hold of it? googles not giving me results

as far as I know, CPS1 dosnt require its own bios file to play... at least thats the case in every emulator that supported cps1 I have ever used.

hows Strider 1 and 2 working?

oninotsume
July 24th, 2006, 05:16
Strider 1 works great.

Strider 2 is not a CPS1 game. It was developed for the Sony ZN-2 hardware, which I'm pretty sure is just a pimped up version of the PS1 in the arcade.

pkmaximum
July 24th, 2006, 05:16
No bios is required I just throw in the zipped rom load it up and it works like a charm. I was shocked though to find out that there aren't many cps-1 games like there are NEO GEO or CPS-2.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 05:18
Hi i jst though some people might like this i did. I have attached the emu for 1.0 and 1.50 psp. I just changed the fase of the emu i did nothing to the src. :D

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 05:49
Hi i jst though some people might like this i did. I have attached the emu for 1.0 and 1.50 psp. I just changed the fase of the emu i did nothing to the src. :D
cool, thanks!

i guess im gonna have to check this out as well as the original.

but are there any good games for this that wasnt for SNES? or are these better than the SNES versions somehow?

anyhow, NJ is the man. they are probally just throwing the women at him over there in Japan:)

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 06:09
cool, thanks!
but are there any good games for this that wasnt for SNES? or are these better than the SNES versions somehow?
:)
Im not quit sure but all the games i have tryid play almost perfect and this is just his first relese so there are great things to come.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 06:18
Ok i have gotten 2 different errors on roms any body have an idea.

CRC32 not correct. "CPU1"
Canot allocate region GFx1 memory

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 06:22
sounds like your roms dealer has some corrupt roms... just a guess.

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 06:42
ok well i'll just try some randoms and see if they're any good ;)

pkmaximum
July 24th, 2006, 06:45
I just really wish NJ could add multiplayer support to one of his emulators I love multiplayer and he has yet to add muultiplayer to all his flawless emulators =P Well great work can't be rushed I suppose maybe he plans to go back and work on those things after all he throws emulators out there really quickly I have been noticing. It didn't take long for a full speed CPS-1 emulator to come out from his at all I was wrather shocked! Well maybe after this he will work on MAME and get some of the games that aren't so high on system requirements to run on the PSP. That would be something to look foward too ^_^ Because Dragon Ball Z 2 was pretty fun but then again we always just have Shin Budokai anyway. But I'm sure we could make great use out of a MAME emulator. =]

vettacossx
July 24th, 2006, 06:45
yeah
i agree
and as far as sound on a cps2 i, ok without it as a matter of a fact ;)

i think you may find that people requesting a cps2 would be happy to see JUST A MARVEL VS CAPCOM EMULATOR MADE JUST FOR THE CPS2 VERSION WITHOUT SOUND AND WITH REDUCED GRAPHICS EVEN ITS THE GAME THAT MATTERS ;) AND ITS THE BEST OF THE BEST CAPCOM GAME EVER!!!

b8a
July 24th, 2006, 07:31
Oninotsume: Hardly any of us have newsposting privlages. If you post your news to the "Submit News Forum", the staff and mods will check it for relevancy and move it to the appropriate forum. There's so many mods that it usually doesn't take long for one of them to take care of it.

Also, just as a quick personal note, I really think you should translate the relevant release notes instead of paraphrasing them. You often write things like "he says", and what not, and it takes away from the credibility of your "news". I've read a bunch of posts from you that, while I realize now that they were probably legitimate, they sound like gossip. Just take an extra minute to give the news a translation (even a rough translation by a bilingual person is going to be 100% more comprehendable than a Google translation), and then make any comments you may feel to be nessecary. Based on the length of some of the posts I've seen you make, a rough translation really doesn't take that much longer than writting just the comments alone, and your post will sound a lot more credible.

Cheers.

b8a
July 24th, 2006, 07:33
Translations of the newsposting and readme:

-QSOUND games don't yet work.
-The icon's half-arsed, but since it's a pain in the neck, I'm just going with this.

*The demo sound and continue permission dip switches for Daimakai Mura and other old games are backwards. I'll fix this in the next release.

-Deffinately make sure to read readme.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CAPCOM CPS1 Emulator for PSP alpha 1

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/)

<Overview>

This is a PSP emulator of CAPCOM CPS1 (Capcom Play Systems). Naturally, CPS2 and CPS3 will not run, and I also have absolutely no intention of making these emulators.

Since the button layout is different than NEOGEO Emulator, please make sure to read this text all the way through to the end.

The default settings are: Raster Effects On and Sound 11025Hz but, this is pretty slow. If you feel adverse effects on the gameplay, first, turn off Raster Effects, if you still feel like it's pretty slow, turn off Sound.

Even at this early point in time, the drawing is in a pretty optomized state. It's even more optimized than NEOGEO Emulator. It's pretty sad that, irregardless of this, the current level of speed is all it can manage. Why isn't it showing better speed?

1.The screen layout is complicated

In addition to 1 layer for sprites, there are 3 layers for BG for a totat of 4 layers, and on top of that, there are times where a BG layer is split into 2 layers. There are no BG layers in NEOGEO, everything is drawn as sprites, and this makes it extremely suited for the PSP.

2.The sound structure is organized in a way that results in heavy penalties in emulation.

When constructing the sound waveform data it's using a heavy penalty 7ch FM sound. NEOGEO mainly uses a low penalty ADPCM, and rarely uses FM sound (4ch). This is a pretty big difference. Since CPS1 is monorual (QSOUND is stereo), it often ends up sounding excessively thin.

As I don't envision any further optimization of the drawing, I'd like to do something about the sound.

Items not currently implemented in the emulation

-QSOUND emulation (QSOUND games won't run)
-Screen flip function (However this is absolutely no problem)
-Screen rotation function (For games with long screens, currently, you're going to have to physically turn your PSP so that the right side is facing up and play them this way. Since the screen ends up exceedingly small, I'm thinking it may be better without this feature)

Directory Layout

All of the directories are automatically built the first time this is launched.

(Please see the real read me to see the layout -- b8a)

-It is nessecary for all of the ROM image files to be compressed into zip files. Other than the fact that it can't handle files that cascade into other folders, it's basically exactly the same as MAME. Also, it's not compatible with rom sets that aren't compatible with MAME/

-It is absolutely nessecary that zip file name for each game "exactly matches MAME 0.106's ROM set names".

-It mostly doesn't matter what the ROM file name is for each game but, it is nessecary that "the CRC exactly matches MAME 0.106's ROM set's CRC".

Controls

-Other than when playing a game and the main menu, it's setup so that you can press "R Trigger" to display control help. If you don't know what to do, go ahead and try pressing "R Trigger". Once you see it, I think you'll get it, so I'll refrain from the details.

-The menu for changing the games settings is displayed by pressing "Start + Select" while playing the game.

-In-game Button Controls

You can change the button allocation. I've written the default settings bellow.

Common
[INDENT]Up (Up or Analog Up)
Down (Down or Analog Down)
Left (Left or Analog Left)
RIGHT (Right or Analog Right)
Start (Start)
Coin (Select)

2 Button Games

Button 1 (Square)
Button 2 (Triangle)

3 Button Games

Button 1 (Square)
Button 2 (Triangle)
Button 3 (Cross)

Quiz Game (Directional Keys are not used)

Button 1 (Square)
Button 2 (Triangle)
Button 3 (Cross)
Button 4 (Circle)

Games in the vein of Street Fighter II (Including Street Fighter Zero CPS Changer ver.)

Button 1 (Square)
Button 2 (Triangle)
Button 3 (L Trigger)
Button 4 (Cross)
Button 5 (Circle)
Button 6 (R Trigger)

Forgotten World / Lost World

(Since there's nothing I can do about the loop lever on the PSP, L/R Trigger is substituted)
Button 1 (Square)
Dial(rotate left) (L trigger)
Dial(rotate right) (R trigger)

Long-Screened games are played with the right side of the PSP turned 90 degrees

Up (Right)
Down (Left)
Left (Up)
Right (Down)
Button 1 (Triangle)
Button 2 (Circle)

About "Raster Effects"

-There is an item menu called "Raster Effects in the game settings menu.

With this item you can turn on/off the Line Scroll effect on games such as Street Fighter II. Usually, this menu item is set to "On", but as it results in such a high penalty for emulation, if you don't really care about how faithfully the screen is reproduced, you'd be better off turning this "Off".

Turning it off in Street Fighter II makes it so that the screen is brutally destroyed, but, there isn't much of a change to speak of in Street Fighter Zero, so you're better off turning it off.

What's Changed

Alpa 1
-Just a public release.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 07:39
b8a thanks for the translation. and i agree with what you said about translation. I for one can speak and wright full Spanish and theres some webs for the psp seen that are only Spanish and if they need a translator i am more then happy to do it.

oninotsume
July 24th, 2006, 07:53
b8

In regards to the translation.

I usually don't have much time to look at this site. I'm just glancing at it now and again throughout the work day, so whenever I relay some J to E news, I'm just recalling from my memory what I read whenever.

Point taken on the credibility, but I guess people will just have to trust me;)

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 08:06
ok 1941 is not showing correctly, it is sideways anyhelp? all the other games showed up correctly
Thats how its supposed to be plaid its a cocktail screen thats what the real arcade game looked and played like.

mr_nick666
July 24th, 2006, 08:29
Wow! This sounds great! :D Too bad Im at work :mad: Thanks for the heads up on working games ;) (It'll save me time so I can just play!) :p

mameuser
July 24th, 2006, 08:37
List of All CPS1 Game:

1941 Counter Attack
3 Wonders
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Capcom World 2
Captain Commando
Carrier Air Wing
Dynasty Wars
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Ghouls N Ghosts
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Mercs
Muscle Bomber Duo
Nemo
Pang! 3
Pnickies (Jap)
Punisher
Quiz and Dragons
Rockman (Jap)
Street Fighter II Championship Edition
Street Fighter II Hyperfighting
Street Fighter II World Warriors
Street Fighter II: Rainbow Edition
Street Fighter Zero CPS Changer
Strider
U.N. Squadron
Varth
Warriors of Fate
Willow

mameuser
July 24th, 2006, 08:38
List of All CPS2 Game; "if ever supported)

1944: The Loop Master
19XX: The War Against Destiny
Aliens Vs. Predator
Armored Warriors
Battle Circuit
Capcom Sports Club
Cyberbots
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Dimahoo
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Eco Fighters
Giga Wing
Mars Matrix
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Vs. Capcom
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Mighty! Pang
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Progear
Quiz Nanairo Dreams: Nijiirochou no Kiseki
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters 2
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
X-Men: Children of the Atom

b8a
July 24th, 2006, 08:49
I usually don't have much time to look at this site. I'm just glancing at it now and again throughout the work daySame here. Actually, I usually only check one or two times a day. Like I said, rough translations only take a few minutes, certainly not much longer than writting a good paragraph of personal comments. To each their own though (!_!)

emuking
July 24th, 2006, 09:13
oboy oboy oboy i feel like a kid in a candy shop you spoil me DCemu psp-news!!!:) cps2 would really send me right over that thin line that devides sanity from psycho!

fav arcade game EVER marvel vs capcom 1 and 2

m vs c 1 and 2 are thae only games i want to play, hell yes :D

Baboon
July 24th, 2006, 09:14
Has anybody else got The punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (with sound), Warriors of Fate or Magic Sword to work?

I've tried a few versions but havent had any joy.

Baboon
July 24th, 2006, 09:19
List of All CPS1 Game:

Street Fighter Zero CPS Changer

Does this version work with this CPS1 emulator??

SF Zero was a downscaled version of the CPS2 arcade version. It would be coolio if this rom worked?

Zombo
July 24th, 2006, 09:42
I hope they get a working CPS2,otherwise it's going to be Silence Of The lambs up in this piece! *Starts eating someone's ear*

MainEvent.
July 24th, 2006, 09:45
Were do i put the rom files??

Ive got Dynasty Wars But their is alot of files for it, Shall i create a File called Dynasty Wars and put it in the rom File?:D

Panini
July 24th, 2006, 09:51

SF Zero was a downscaled version of the CPS2 arcade version. It would be coolio if this rom worked?

I hope this works too! Will try Later when get chance. :D

Hawq
July 24th, 2006, 10:11
If you are unsure of waht games are CPS1 games look at the list for the old PC emulator Callus, it was a CPS1 emu back in the day, obviously this'll use more up to date sets but it'll tell you waht to look for

Strider 1 works great.

Strider 2 is not a CPS1 game. It was developed for the Sony ZN-2 hardware, which I'm pretty sure is just a pimped up version of the PS1 in the arcade.
Indeed it was, if anyones interested in trying it they'll want to find Zinc for their PC

cool, thanks!

i guess im gonna have to check this out as well as the original.

The arcade versions are all better than the home ports, though there were some good ports some had things missing, Final Fight on the Snes for example only had two characters which led to two versions of the game one with Haggar & Guy & the other with Haggar & Cody

There was a shot of it in the wip news a few days back so its looking good for it working or being made to work in a later release.

Zombo
July 24th, 2006, 10:24
Ahem *clears throat* the arcade version of Final Fight had female enemies,named Roxy and Poison,which were are replaced by "punks" in the SNES version.The Japan version of the intro had Jessica in "revealing" clothing. Name changes for Damnd and Sodom turned to "Thrasher" and "Katana".Stage 4 is deleted entirely.Transition Scenes such as Andore dragging your character into the ring to fight in one stage is gone.
In other words just stick with the Arcade version.

zrossaye
July 24th, 2006, 10:30
where can you get the games for capcom???
can sum1 tell me thanks

Baboon
July 24th, 2006, 10:41
where can you get the games for capcom???
can sum1 tell me thanks

Most retail game shops sell Capcom games :D
...But we're not allowed to post links to rom sites, sorry.

spaceman
July 24th, 2006, 11:52
Here is a nice site to checkout what games came on the cps1/cps2/MVS(NeoGeo) boards and others

http://coinop.org/arcadesystem.aspx/a339da4a-2233-4226-9aba-7478d36b8984

plungmonies
July 24th, 2006, 12:08
cps changer street fighter zero works flawlessly at full speed.
however it is unmamed so you will all need the raine set.
awesome work

matt2k
July 24th, 2006, 12:20
Raine set eh? I wish someone would port Raine to the PSP.

plungmonies
July 24th, 2006, 12:28
unfotunately raine was built with x86 architecture in mind so a port would be unlikely

Panini
July 24th, 2006, 12:35
cps changer street fighter zero works flawlessly at full speed.
however it is unmamed so you will all need the raine set.
awesome work

What? This works flawlessly on psp?

plungmonies
July 24th, 2006, 12:44
slight skip here and there but nothing serious.
maybe I overstated flawless but it works very well.

Panini
July 24th, 2006, 12:49
slight skip here and there but nothing serious.
maybe I overstated flawless but it works very well.

Thats cool, thanx for the info ill try this today.

grit
July 24th, 2006, 14:55
alpha 2 is Out!
The unstoppable NJ!

oninotsume
July 24th, 2006, 15:21
Yeah, I just upgraded to Alpah 2 and tried out Street Fighter Zero. It's pretty damn cool.

NJ also got Q-sound working, and he says it's quite easy to emulate, so Q-sound games should work well at a sound frequency of 22050Hz.:D

Maaayyybeee he can do CPS2;)

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 15:24
Wheres the link to NJ's web i lost it choot.

jwilds73
July 24th, 2006, 15:28
Wheres the link to NJ's web i lost it choot.

Just click the "NJ" in the first post here

QueadlunnRau
July 24th, 2006, 15:43
Okay NJ ... I love you just as much as I love Zx-81 ... O.o

Thank you ^_^

oblivioner
July 24th, 2006, 15:48
Sorry SFA works? However it's cps2 right, can anyone explain about the cps changer pls, tia.

Mr. Shizzy
July 24th, 2006, 16:01
Sorry SFA works? However it's cps2 right, can anyone explain about the cps changer pls, tia.

Yeah, whats that all about? Is there a way to convert cps2 roms into cps1 roms? That sounds to good to be true.;) Could someone plz explain this?:)

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 16:01
Just click the "NJ" in the first post here
Now i feel dumm thats how i got it the first time thanks man;)

Baboon
July 24th, 2006, 16:04
the alpha 2 release is brilliant!

The punisher now works with sound, and SF zero plays really well!

NJ your a legend!

oblivioner
July 24th, 2006, 16:05
btw, alpha 2 works like a dream, now I got working also warriors of fate, punisher, cadillacs and dinosaours, magic sword all with sound, however vartg and pang 3 still not working

All hail NJ!! This guy is to humble, alpha 2 and 99% games working with sound?. Oh please

NovaKane
July 24th, 2006, 16:23
Which version of SFII & SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting do I use? I tried "World" but it didn't work. Do I use the US or Japan version?

How does the CPS Changer work? I want to play SFZ too.

Edit: Slam Masters runs perfect w/ sound now!!!!

aries2k4
July 24th, 2006, 16:42
btw, alpha 2 works like a dream, now I got working also warriors of fate, punisher, cadillacs and dinosaours, magic sword all with sound, however vartg and pang 3 still not working

All hail NJ!! This guy is to humble, alpha 2 and 99% games working with sound?. Oh please

ya just tried the new release. its great.
Lol, NJ is definately humble. Most guys would call this version 2.0 at the least
Itīs really to bad about cps-2 though. I was hoping for at least Dungeons and Dragons because it aint to big.
Oh well, canīt have it all, but on the psp almost;)

Baboon
July 24th, 2006, 16:59
Which version of SFII & SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting do I use? I tried "World" but it didn't work. Do I use the US or Japan version?

How does the CPS Changer work? I want to play SFZ too.

Edit: Slam Masters runs perfect w/ sound now!!!!

The name of Streetfighter Zero i got working fine is 'sfzch'. I didnt need to convert anything to get it to work.

Hope this helps?

wilbur
July 24th, 2006, 17:19
I think we need to face reality here guys.

There's not going to be a CPS2 working.

NJ said he's not even going to try, as the hardware is much too short on available memory (by over half it seems.)

Street fighter changer version was in between the CPS1 and 2 machines and thus works on both.

With any luck, Sony will make a new PSP with 3 times as much Ram (if they did, however, they'll do their damndest to ensure it can't be cracked into- as they must be really peeved at how easy this one was to tap into.

We're gonna have to wait for capcom classics 3 and 4 as they've already put most of the CPS1 games out in their first 2 classic comps.

I'm worried tho, cos you know it's going to mean getting the newest firmware to play those great games and that means goodbye to emus/homebrew (for now)

Sorry for the rant

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 17:29
dear wildur NJ has told us a lot of stuff and then he comes out and surprises us last thing he sayd was he was done coding then we got the great neogeo emu and now the cps1. So never say never.

Hawq
July 24th, 2006, 19:11

How does the CPS Changer work? I want to play SFZ too.The CPS changer was basically a CPS 1 system but resembled the MVS Neo-Geo system in intent it seems, the unit resembles a cart that the PCB's plug into (like a supergun infact) though it had high prices, the SF Zero on it was a gesture from Capcom for the people who actually bought the system (they recoded it specially for it with reduced sound samples, and color depth), rather nice really, the other games on it were:
Capcom Quiz World 2
Muscle Bomber 2
Captain Commando
Street fighter 2
Final Fight
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
King of Dragons
Street Fighter Zero
Knights of Round
Tenshi wo Kurau 2
Muscle Bomber

You'll find more info here (http://www.nfg.2y.net/games/cpschanger/) or here (http://assembler.roarvgm.com/CPS_CHANGER/cps_changer.html)

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
July 27th, 2006, 16:50
Thanks NJ!!!

mameuser
July 28th, 2006, 04:11
No news from NJ, mean big news coming

Pumped'Up
August 1st, 2006, 04:01
No news from NJ, mean big news coming
I really hope so...like a CPS-2 emulator!!!!!! :D

preetyforu
December 27th, 2007, 08:43
i HAVE JUST TRIED OVER 30 GAMES AND THEY ALL WORK PERFECTLY. WE JUST NEED THE SPEED TO GO UP A LITTLE BIT.

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org