PDA

View Full Version : WIP News: Generic Survival Horror Clone #1

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 20:58
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1847/gshc13gr7.jpg

I'm sure many people thought this project would end up as vapourware when I first posted news on Jman420's little project. Here I am today happily reporting we have the first screenshots of it running with 3D character models and rendered backgrounds. Its only a matter of time before the team releases a tech demo.

Here's what the lead programmer Hardhat had to say:

Well, I finally got some debugging done. I'm now loading the cameras successfully, and the displaying the backgrounds correctly. I don't yet use the camera, but that'll come soon. I've made a build to show off my modest progress. I'm sending it to the team, but I'm posting some screen shots too.

Generic Survival Horror Clone #1 Team: Jman420, Hardhat, accordian boy, Meyitzo,Sumo X, NeoDudeMan and rmedtx.

Remember to check out the project page (http://survivehq.dcemu.co.uk/RE2project/) and the development thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=163519#post163519).

Give Feedback and View More Screenshots via Comments

BL4Z3D247
July 23rd, 2006, 21:05
wow thats awesome!!!! can't wait for jman to release this, awesome job on this jman :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 23rd, 2006, 21:15
Man looks good like the 1st alne in the dark.Nice to see how it shapes up.

D0N
July 23rd, 2006, 21:18
Nice work guys! Can't wait untill its released! Keep it up!

Ichijoe
July 23rd, 2006, 21:58
Is that Osaka I see there?!

...Osaka is <3

PSPh4ck3rCMD
July 23rd, 2006, 23:52
great work so far keep up the great work that area looks like re3 sort of great potential

jman420
July 24th, 2006, 00:14
heh, Accualy originaly from Resident Evil 2, but is also in the RE3 game :D but what we are making is a tribute to Resident Evil 2

vettacossx
July 24th, 2006, 00:25
well its looking gr8 jman keep up the gr8 work man ;)

emuking
July 24th, 2006, 00:31
nice quality graphics

jman420
July 24th, 2006, 01:31
I had a realy awesome status, but then it dissapeared, whats up with that? :(

Briggzy11
July 24th, 2006, 02:16
OK Jman I taken a look at these pics and I gotta say...

...FOOKING HELL!!! it looks amazing, this rating I said I was gonna give you in a review soon has just shot right up haha...

Fantastic work I hope your pleased with the outcome of this and Ill be promoting this to a few of the team too :D (My local sorta PSP get-together) good luck with the rest of the project :D

Kaiser
July 24th, 2006, 02:52
I had a realy awesome status, but then it dissapeared, whats up with that? :(

Probably was too long. I know wraggs changed it originally.

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 05:38
im not putting you down or anything but i dont really like the girl. but that dosnt mean this isnt gonna be an awesome game! keep up the good work this looks so great it actually blows my mind.

vettacossx
July 24th, 2006, 07:16
will this be somthing that can be MODDED whith 3d moddling tools ? pspdemon would be an asset to you if so guys ;) hes a true artist when it comes 2 3d ......besides at the very least between pspdemon and i we could certainley help out the guy in the last comment ;)...lol

im not putting you down or anything but i dont really like the girl. but that dosnt mean this isnt gonna be an awesome game! keep up the good work this looks so great it actually blows my mind.

by doing a few charicter mods.......well anywho cant wait looks almost commercial quality guys ;) this summer is yeilding tons of sweet releases!:D

tophead420
July 24th, 2006, 08:53
lol i may need to check this out cant wait

Physicist
July 24th, 2006, 09:28
so this is what? resident evil with a japanese schoolgirl? there's just something not right about making little kids wear such short skirts lol.
i like the idea though.

mr_nick666
July 24th, 2006, 10:33
This looks sooo nice already! :D Cant wait for a release! :p

Hungry Horace
July 24th, 2006, 11:58
this does look potential worthy!

i'm in agreement about the jap school-girl being a bit wierd.

i'd rather see a "Jane Valencia" (geddit??!) or something in a tight blue top and short skirt.... you know, just Jill from RE3 but closer to the edge! ;)

i'm sure they'll be lots of characters, including the appropriate "rip-offs" made in time though!

Cloud_35
July 24th, 2006, 15:50
Yeah.

What are going to be the enemies???

Zombies? Ghosts? Maybe...Nemesis??

jman420
July 24th, 2006, 19:00
will this be somthing that can be MODDED whith 3d moddling tools ? pspdemon would be an asset to you if so guys ;) hes a true artist when it comes 2 3d ......besides at the very least between pspdemon and i we could certainley help out the guy in the last comment ;)...lol

by doing a few charicter mods.......well anywho cant wait looks almost commercial quality guys ;) this summer is yeilding tons of sweet releases!:D

not without a lot of programming...

what are you talking about pspdemon, I'm making the character model, we just havent implimented other 3D models then quake2 character models..

so we just used a free quake2 model to show as an example, untill we can add our own..

But, I realy dont think I want this game to be modded.. as I plan to release other games similar to this game by "modding" it myself...

so it would be somthing we could talk about if you were planning on any specific mod though

anyway, I appricieate the good posts, I'm sorry about the current player model lol, its only ment as a placeholder with easier to program animation code..

for the time being! enemies just could be other japaneese school girls... lol but eventualy would be zombies or crackheads or somthing..

QueadlunnRau
July 25th, 2006, 00:52

Yo I disagree, that lolita is bang'n!!! Yo when u get the beta out someone needs to come out with a nude texture crack/hack. O.o

Don't shake your head ... you were thinking the same thing!

jman420
July 25th, 2006, 18:00
haha, nah.. I want to keep this game family friendly :p just like all the other Resident Evil's

F9zDark
July 26th, 2006, 01:41
Great work man!! I am really looking forward to this release.

One thing that bugs me, the perspective seems... well odd. In the first two shots the girl is by the desk, in one she seems normal looking, given her distance. In the next she looks gigantic when having only, as it appears to me, traveled a few feet towards the camera.

Other than that, everything else looks awesome :)

Sinnorf
September 26th, 2008, 22:45
It looks pwnage.

Akoi Meexx
September 27th, 2008, 04:05
*bullets the necro'd thread in the head*

And STAY down.