PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Triple Triad V.02

wraggster
July 23rd, 2006, 23:01
Jbird (http://www.freewebs.com/jbirdta2/) has released Alpha Triple Triad which is based on the card game from Final Fantasy VIII, heres the info he posted:

I've Chosen to release this WIP
It Shows The Core Menu and the Buying of Cards for your decks.
Press Square to place card on board.

Features:
Dual color menu (Black or White)
Music
Buy cards for your hand
Multiple Unlockable Card Backs (viewable in this Demo only)
Multiple Unlockable Game Boards
2 Save Files
Continue a game in play

Known Bugs in this Release:
-from the NEW GAME and CONTINUE menu if you
chose cards and then back out you cannot use these cards again.
-The playing is screwed up right now but im still working on the rules.

To Do:

-*FIXED*-Cards on Board thing.
(The whole reason for the menu)
See Below Photos
-The Extra rules need to be incorporated.
(If any one wants to Help....)
-There are about 30 more cards i wish to include.
(cannot due to memory restrictions with lua.i can get them to show and be playable but wanted to leave room for the extra rules and features before i tried to add them.)

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 23:12
Triple Triad is a great game. They just installed it over at qj.net. This is one of that games that makes me wish I didnt update.

PS: wraggster check your pms.

mog
July 24th, 2006, 01:21
!! An update! Downloading right now! :p

tophead420
July 24th, 2006, 03:23
this release looks nice im downloading now and i cant belive this is on psp lol i luved this on ff8 tho i mostly got my a** kiked on it till i got really good lol good job and keep it coming

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 05:01
FF 8... probably the last decent FF game since 2(4),4(6), and 5... This was very well done and looks very good. kudos to whoever came up the the idea of a remake :)

goldenmage
July 24th, 2006, 05:54
I played the one for PC and I loved it! I am delighted to see a PSP version!

titch.ryan
July 24th, 2006, 07:30
yay an update i love this game!!!

TheEmulatorGuy
July 24th, 2006, 07:34
You all love Triple Triad, but you fail to realise this game doesn't even have Triple Triad. Don't waste your time.

tophead420
July 24th, 2006, 11:59
You all love Triple Triad, but you fail to realise this game doesn't even have Triple Triad. Don't waste your time.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: dood what the f**** are you talking about this is triple triad dumba** triple triad is the card game from ff8 are did you not know that lol i cant belive this:D

edit:: ok iv tryed this out and this game looks really good but it way to buggy to play it wont let me place a card on the game board and it starts me out playin against sumone with like level 7 cards now how am i gonna beat this with level one and two cards lol im not but keep working on this becuz i like th way its looking so far keep it up and dont give up on it lol but good job on what you have so far :D :D

mr_nick666
July 24th, 2006, 13:40
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: dood what the f**** are you talking about this is triple triad dumba** triple triad is the card game from ff8 are did you not know that lol i cant belive this:D

edit:: ok iv tryed this out and this game looks really good but it way to buggy to play it wont let me place a card on the game board and it starts me out playin against sumone with like level 7 cards now how am i gonna beat this with level one and two cards lol im not but keep working on this becuz i like th way its looking so far keep it up and dont give up on it lol but good job on what you have so far :D :D

/\ /\ Exactly what tophead420 said! :rolleyes: Keep up the good work this looks great! :)

mog
July 24th, 2006, 14:51
???
"Triple" means 3x, 3 of ...
"Triad" means group of three, collection of three.

"Triple Triad" is a mini-game in Final Fantasy VIII.
So "Triple Triad" basically means "3x3" - probably relating to grid layout.

Now this homebrew is clearly supposed to be a remake of the FF8 mini-game.
And the grid layout is still 3x3, so it hasn't strayed from the game's title name.

So what on earth are you talking about???! :p

Tanis6909
July 24th, 2006, 15:00
yea, its buggy.....but hey, its showing progress toward a real homebrew game.....the release i had before i got this one played almost perfectly, and now he's integrated a little bit of card swapping and some customization options.....if you can just blend the good play of the previous release with the new innovations of the current one, you will have yourself an exceptionally awesome HB game here! keep at it, i'm looking forward to the finished product!

TheEmulatorGuy
July 25th, 2006, 06:34
Um... guys... don't you get it? Mog, I know what Triple Triad is. Do you take me for an idiot? What I'm saying is, THERE IS NO GAME IN THIS HOMEBREW. You can't play Triple Triad. Tophead, it won't let you play a card because you can't. It's not a bug, he just hasn't made the game yet. Do you now get what I'm saying?

TheEmulatorGuy
July 25th, 2006, 06:37
I still can't believe you called me a dumbass. Of course I know what Triple Triad is. When did I said I didn't know? If you had actually played the ****ing thing you'd know what I was claiming. ****ing ignorance.

liverpoolrule
August 21st, 2006, 20:15
does anyone no how to downgrade from v 2.80 on psp?????

XVredskysVX
March 19th, 2007, 22:37
awesome downloading now! =]

Buddy4point0
March 19th, 2007, 23:17
this is so AWSOME!
ps ff9 is the best ff game in my opinion.

maxipower90
March 26th, 2007, 02:26
can u save in this thing