PDA

View Full Version : Tommys PSPVBA

tommydanger
July 23rd, 2006, 23:05
Hi all o/
I want to introduce you Tommys PSPVBA v0.1

http://space.idf-mod.de/tommy/psp/tommyspspvba.jpg

It's based on Zx-81 PSPVBA v1.1.0 so it should work on on both 1.5 and 2.0+(untested) firmware.

First of all, it isn't any faster, my main focus for this release was more features. Features that I like and miss in the original PSPVBA (though great great work ZX-81 o/ )

Here are the new features:

-improved rombrowser
--displays romsize
--marks roms red that are incompatible
--ability to delete roms in the rombrowser

-multiple rom settings

-autoload last played rom at startup

Usage is based on PSPVBA by Zx-81, however there are some new functions:

To delete a rom, go into the rombrowser - select one and press LTRIGGER. It will then inform you that you're about to delete the rom, press X and you're done.

As you may know PSPVBA only support roms up to 16MB, if the rom you are trying to load is greater than 16MB it will print out a warning and will also inform you that you're trying to load a rom that will not work properly.

To save your rom settings, simply save your settings in the main menu and it will save the settings exclusively for this particular rom. Just load another one and save the settings like before and you have saved the settings exclusively for this particular rom. I think you get it :) When you try to load a rom and there is already a settings file it will load this file instead of the default one.

Source is included.
See COPYING.txt for more info.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2006, 23:12
Moved to PSP news. Nice work Tommy

Its good to see other people working on this as well and I'm sure Zx will find this interesting.

tommydanger
July 23rd, 2006, 23:14
upps the one i uploaded to rapidshare is corrupt, i uploaded it to my space, but i'm limited in bandwith if somebody could exchange the attachments i would be glad, as said in the first post :D

wraggster
July 23rd, 2006, 23:20
you are now PSP Coder which means you have full access to upload and also a post in the PSP News forum shows up as news on the PSP Site :)

thanks for a great release.

tedou
July 23rd, 2006, 23:42
very nice thanks

Kvonx
July 23rd, 2006, 23:49
gud work with multiple coders we r gonna have dis done with alot more features an way more updates!!!!!

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 01:09
OK very nice tommy.but does this mean your going to keep adding to ZX emu or your going to keep inproving it on your own or are you just going to keep adding all this nice extras to his releases. I sai its a great job with what you just added specialie the detecting compatible roms and been able to delete them. Nice work.

Kvonx
July 24th, 2006, 04:11
tommy seriously.....wat did u do, waz tryin it out (nice features by the way:)) the games ran alittle smoother an the sound is gud....nice JOB

Kvonx
July 24th, 2006, 04:15
no fa real something must have happened the sounds have little to no glitches this is great chek it out....is it the media engine,,,,but isnt this for 2.00+ too:confused:

BL4Z3D247
July 24th, 2006, 04:31
nah the media engine is in v1.2.1, this is a better features version of zx's v1.1.0

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 04:58
zx is sure to find this quite interesting. The browser is much improved. nice work

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 05:01
Very nice indeed. Id like to see his src

LAMPRO
July 24th, 2006, 07:57
is this really running on the 1.2.1 engine? why does it say 1.1.0? o forget it i read that post wrong..

rephrase:
is this smoother/faster than the 1.2.1 version from zx?
tommy- can u build it into your mix?

zx is the master. -1.2.1 should be on news forum.

mr_nick666
July 24th, 2006, 10:23
Nice release! :D Very interested to see ZXs comments! :rolleyes:

QueadlunnRau
July 24th, 2006, 15:23
nice features ... you should get in touch with zx ... maybe you two can partner up with a few idea's ...

tommydanger
July 24th, 2006, 16:34
nice features ... you should get in touch with zx ... maybe you two can partner up with a few idea's ...
hehe I already got in touch with him at the time he released his very first versions of pspvba :)

I choosed 1.1.0 because it's the latest(last) version for fw 2.0+.
Therefore it doesn't use any ME stuff at all.
Also some people said the sound is smoother in this version, -> why?
I really can't say cause I don't touched the sound engine in this release
Only thing I can think of is I compiled it under WinXP with Cygwin, whereas Zx compiled it under native Linux or people are just deaf :D

OK very nice tommy.but does this mean your going to keep adding to ZX emu or your going to keep inproving it on your own or are you just going to keep adding all this nice extras to his releases. I sai its a great job with what you just added specialie the detecting compatible roms and been able to delete them. Nice work.
I hope Zx doesn't slay me for spoiling but he already implemented the "multiple rom settings" in his latest version, though completely from scratch, no code was taken from my version.
The only downside is that his latest versions makes use of the ME, so Users with 2.0+ can't enjoy it.
That's also the reason why I choosed 1.1.0 the last working version for 2.+ PSP, so that everyone can enoy the new features.
I will of course try to improve PSPVBA.

As Zx-81's main focus lies on 1.5->ME stuff, mine lies on 2.0+
I will try to add whatever feature Zx's adds to his version (as long as it's 2.0+ compatible) and of course add my own ones ;)
So 2.0+ users are not completely forgotten ;)

e:
I know there are now barely 2.0+ users arround, but can somebody please verify that it works on 2.0+ trough GTA Eloader? (TIFF Mode still doesn't work I think)
thanks

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 17:37
tommy so does this mean you arent going to release furter releases for 1.50 or what

zx-81
July 24th, 2006, 21:16
Great work Tommy, keep it up :).

dublas1980
July 25th, 2006, 02:41
Thank you so much for doing this great work and i also an fw 2++ thanks you for this nice Emu:D:D:D

Khorney
July 29th, 2006, 12:29
umm, it kinda doesn't work with the GTA loader( actually not at all)

i have a 2.6, when i load it up (i had trouble getting to appear in the menu, had to reload the eloader onto my memory stick) it startfine, but it automatically goes to loading the last used rom (which there isn't). then after a couple of seconds the text stretchs and the psp locks up. I even messed with the lastrom.cfg changing it to a rom which is there, but the same result.

any ideas?

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 12:55
umm, it kinda doesn't work with the GTA loader( actually not at all)

i have a 2.6, when i load it up (i had trouble getting to appear in the menu, had to reload the eloader onto my memory stick) it startfine, but it automatically goes to loading the last used rom (which there isn't). then after a couple of seconds the text stretchs and the psp locks up. I even messed with the lastrom.cfg changing it to a rom which is there, but the same result.

any ideas?
doesnt this emu use kernel mode? if it does, thats why

razorak
July 29th, 2006, 14:41
Man..u're making me confused:confused:

he said this was based on zx-81's 1.1.0 which does not require kenral mode thus still useable by 2.0+ users. moreover, he said that while zx will be focuing on 1.5 users, he'll try to improve on the newest one for 2.0+ which would be 1.1.0

so i seriously don't think it uses kernal mode.
P.S downloading it to test right now.

ACID
July 29th, 2006, 14:50
Great work tommy so whens the next release going to add to this

razorak
July 29th, 2006, 15:08
i've got the same problem as Khorney...it tries to load the last rom played and poof...shuts down

p.s acid look at post number 7...lol

eldj
July 29th, 2006, 15:27
same problem here tries to load last played rom then hangs - psp fw2.5 eloader 0.97

zx-81
July 29th, 2006, 16:20
Man..u're making me confused:confused:

he said this was based on zx-81's 1.1.0 which does not require kenral mode thus still useable by 2.0+ users. moreover, he said that while zx will be focuing on 1.5 users, he'll try to improve on the newest one for 2.0+ which would be 1.1.0

so i seriously don't think it uses kernal mode.
P.S downloading it to test right now.

This version doesn't use the kernel mode, it's the PSPVBA source code of 1.1.0 where Tommy has added several new features (in the user interface). He hasn't touch the emulator core, so it will be as fast as the 1.1.0 was ... :)

Khorney
July 29th, 2006, 16:25
hmm, better try 1.1.0 then, see if that works

razorak
July 29th, 2006, 17:21
it definitely does :)

i was using it before i saw that tommy had improved it with a couple of additional features

zx-81
July 29th, 2006, 17:51
i've just release another version for 2.x ;) ...

Khorney
July 30th, 2006, 05:07
thanks, i had exactly the same problem with your 1.1.0, trying shiny new version now....

ACID
July 30th, 2006, 06:15
p.s acid look at post number 7...lol
What do you mean i posted that. Whats wrong:confused:

Stick
January 14th, 2007, 09:14
hmmmm ok im a real nwbie at this and i cant get this working. evry time i try running it i get te error "thos game cannot be started. the game data is corrupt" jus so u no, im using fw v2.81 (thats my bros fault)

Ramza042
January 14th, 2007, 16:29
OKay, if you are running fw 2.81, YOU CAN'T RUN HOMEBREW. That means no emulators, no PS1 games, no home-made games, nothing but official sony releases. Wait a couple months till someone makes a 2.81 downgrader and then you can go down to 1.50 and play all the homebrew you want.

By the way, quit bumping 6 month old threads. These forums are FULL of information about everything you ever wanted to know about psp, just read it all first, then ask questions.

xeinkolt
April 1st, 2007, 19:50
this things screwin with my head. I dont know weither its the emulator or eloader.

xeinkolt
April 1st, 2007, 19:51
Btw Im 2.71

benn
April 2nd, 2007, 08:56
nice1 tommy - good to see releases like this still happening

krshin
May 20th, 2007, 22:40
you big fat liers

kanen8
November 20th, 2007, 04:48
does it work on firmware 3.11?

Ranmax09
November 20th, 2007, 06:22
Don't use this, it's really slow. Use gpSP. And no, it doesn't work with 3.11. Downgrade to 1.5 and update to 3.71 M33-3.