PDA

View Full Version : XCM Smooth as Silk Faceplates Announced

wraggster
July 24th, 2006, 00:09
http://www.xcm.cc/psp_face_plate_yellow_smooth_edition.d.jpg
For a larger image click here (http://www.teamxtender.com/news/uploads/psp_face_plate_yellow_smooth_edition.jpg)
Team Xtender have announced the upcoming release of a new range of faceplates for the PSP:

We present our Smooth as Silk XCM Face Plate series. With various faceplates to choose from, your PSP is going to look brand new everyday.

The Smooth as Silk faceplate has been colored using a special process that makes the faceplate extra smooth, enhancing your gaming experience.

New mold. New lens. Special smooth coating . The best quality plastic.

What's in the box

- Includes the digital pad (D-Pad) & analog stick

- Includes all face buttons (start, select, volume, display, audio & home)

- Includes all 4 main action buttons (2 sets)

- Includes screw driver.

- The first 3 colors will be Black, White , Yellow ,pack separately in blister package.

Expect them at a seller near you soon

Check www.teamxtender.com for updates and more cool teamxtender products.

emuking
July 24th, 2006, 00:18
i need me one of those i wonder how much the white one and black one is i need two new face plates for my two 1.5 :)

HellsPlumber
July 24th, 2006, 01:09
I cant decide what colour I want my new PSP in.Now il get black coz its cheaper and get one of these if I want white :D

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 01:13
Does it include back and front or just front. i need 2 where do i sing up.LOL but i really do need them.

modcase
July 24th, 2006, 02:14
I still have to wonder why no one has gone for a full replacement case. When, if ever, will we see these? (obviously there is a market)

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 03:48
I still have to wonder why no one has gone for a full replacement case. When, if ever, will we see these? (obviously there is a market)
i second that thought i buy 3 right of the bat:D

LAMPRO
July 24th, 2006, 04:49
dam. i need that.

full replacement would be dope..

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 05:04
team xtender always brings us quality products. :) this is one to buy

gslop
July 24th, 2006, 05:31
looks nice

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 05:32
is the 'O' button a UMD?

LAMPRO
July 24th, 2006, 05:44
it looks like a umd, the x button looks like xbox!,?. the triangle is a ps2dualshock and the square is a psp. nice. i like.

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 05:48
it looks like a umd, the x button looks like xbox!,?. the triangle is a ps2dualshock and the square is a psp. nice. i like.

it does kind of look like an Xbox :p
I really hope that the anolog stick is a bit better quality.. I really do plan on buying one of these.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 06:06
is the 'O' button a UMD?
yes it is.:D

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 06:39
thats kinda cool. everyone would be freaked to see that

BL4Z3D247
July 24th, 2006, 06:46
i want the chrome one *drools* shinyyyyyy :D

BrooksyX
July 24th, 2006, 06:52
i bought one of the first xcm faceplates to replace my really scratched pspscreen:( but i had 2 problems with it.

First it came all scratched up:mad: but it would cost more to send it back so i decided to live with it. (Most likely decal girls fault but still)

second I had previously stripped out my screws when i took my psp apart so i had replaced them with some screws from a broke T.I. calculator (work great by the way). Because of this the new faceplate did not fit flush, it wasnt even close either.

Obviously these problems werent xcm's fault, it just left for a bad experience overall.

Oh hey if any of your guys's oem screen is in good shape when you replace it would u think about selling it too me.:)

LAMPRO
July 24th, 2006, 07:02
how different is the oem screen than the xcm screen..?

BrooksyX
July 24th, 2006, 07:16
how different is the oem screen than the xcm screen..?
well oem is the official one made by sony that came with the psp (wouldnt tell if you knew that or not so if you did dont get mad)

the xcm is made by a third party company and feels kind of cheap. I would however like to try one of the asterix faceplates but dont feel like paying the money, I can live with my scratched sony faceplate for now.

LAMPRO
July 24th, 2006, 07:55
if it feels fake...

yo is the screen really a big deal between the oem and xcm - i mean its plastic and its clear. what would be the big giveaway?

mr_nick666
July 24th, 2006, 10:27
i second that thought i buy 3 right of the bat:D

Heres a third from me! :D

Not sure about this one though afer BigMace's comments... :confused:

zackforbing
July 24th, 2006, 13:53
are you kidding? that looks retarded. give me the plain simplicity of the ORIGINAL button design anyday.

QueadlunnRau
July 24th, 2006, 15:15
I will have to get the yellow faceplate ASAP ... when it comes out ... I will post a review and pictures when that happens ... now to rob my local 7-11.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 15:19
The Yellow looks like a bus id like to see some pics of other colors cause yellow and black psp , well can you say pretty bumble bee.:D

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2006, 19:31
http://www.teamxtender.com/news/uploads/psp_face_plate_white_smooth_edition.jpg
http://www.teamxtender.com/news/uploads/psp_face_plate_black_smooth_edition.jpg

Bot these images came from teamxtenders site. I really hope they do more colors.. like metallic blue and red

Malksta
July 24th, 2006, 20:18
I must get the white one :o

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 20:25
I'm definitely getting the white> any body knows if there going to make a entire Shell for the psp or just the front plate and when and where will they sell them.

Shiesty
July 24th, 2006, 20:37
http://www.xcm.cc/psp_face_plate_yellow_smooth_edition.d.jpg
[SIZE="1"]using a special process that makes the faceplate extra smooth, enhancing your gaming experience.

ha!

black is the best. smudge free would be nice but i dont care too much

LAMPRO
July 24th, 2006, 21:59
woah. the white looks sick!! i think i might leave the stock buttons on tho.

and thats not an xbox logo in the x button.. now that a clearer pic is up, i can tell- it even looks more like the original ps3 controller- the one which isnt being used.lol. anyways- the white is the one- and yeah if it was the whole replacement instead of the faceplate, i would hop on that asap.

wont be budgin till my stock black gets scratch the f up.

Cap'n 1time
July 25th, 2006, 07:29
I agree that the buttons are kind of lame.. They are raised though.. why cant people just leave well enough alone?

QueadlunnRau
July 27th, 2006, 13:56
The Yellow looks like a bus id like to see some pics of other colors cause yellow and black psp , well can you say pretty bumble bee.:D

I like school busses ... filled with cheerleaders ... :D