PDA

View Full Version : e[mulator] for PSP 0.81 Fix2

wraggster
July 24th, 2006, 01:01
E (http://dev-e.sakura.ne.jp/) has released a new version of his Multi Console Emulator, that supports

PC Engine
Wonderswan
Famicom (NES)
Gameboy

This is a bugfix release

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 01:10
So no news about the other emulators in the main screen emulator like neopocket .

jman420
July 24th, 2006, 01:23
does this play PC engine CD's AKA Turbo Grafx CD's?

matt2k
July 24th, 2006, 03:37
It's suppose too, but everytime I try to load a TOC file, the screen goes black and shuts off.

Voltron
July 24th, 2006, 06:18
dammit! I really would like to see PC Engine Emulators grow like others have. I wonder why nobody has bothered to try and make a really polished PC Engine emulator for the PSP.

Not enough support or PC Engine fans? I loved the Turbo Grafx 16. Fond memories of Bloody Wolf, Bonk, Alien Crush, Neutopia, and many more.....

PLEASE CONTINUE PC ENGINE EMULATORS! I would happily donate to a regularly worked on TG16/PCE EMU.

mungrin
July 24th, 2006, 07:37
dammit! I really would like to see PC Engine Emulators grow like others have. I wonder why nobody has bothered to try and make a really polished PC Engine emulator for the PSP.

Not enough support or PC Engine fans? I loved the Turbo Grafx 16. Fond memories of Bloody Wolf, Bonk, Alien Crush, Neutopia, and many more.....

PLEASE CONTINUE PC ENGINE EMULATORS! I would happily donate to a regularly worked on TG16/PCE EMU.
Hell Fkin yeah! Finally somoene is thinking like.All these other emulators getting updates and we cant get a decent PC Engine emu.TG16/PCE is my favorite system of all time.Right now its emulated perfectly on PsP but no full screen no save and nothing else really.I want to play TG16 games on my psp FULL SCREEN!
Thats why i bought my Psp in the first place.Cmon lets get something going already.

Devils Crush is 100% still the best video pinball game ever created.I can play that game everyday and when i can play it on my PsP Full screen,i will be happy.

b8a
July 24th, 2006, 08:15
Devils Crush is 100% still the best video pinball game ever created.No, no, Alien Crush is much more entertaining (!_!) I think they overdid it with Devil's Crush.

But, to be fair, I think that HuCard emulation is just fine. It's been a few months since I've given it a go, but PCEP worked great for me. What we really need is a great CD-ROM2/Super CD-ROM2 emulator. My TurboDuo is finally giving up the ghost (both video out and controller input are next to shot), so I really need a good CD emulator (my TurboExpress still works fine even if PSP HuCard wasn't good enough). Unfortunately, there aren't any CD emulators for the mac (;_;)

Does anybody know if the source code for any fully realized PC Engine (HuCard+CD-ROM2+Super CD-ROM2) is available anywhere?

Anyway, did some quick translations of the news from this e[mulator] release:
The level of completion of the WonderSwan is so marvelous, I'm really impressed.
It might have just been me, but as there were some problems, I'll post them here. With the Game Boy, when playing monochrome games, the screen is dark and pictures are displayed in a faint red and black. Games that I fixed are Tetris, Saga, and other such monochrome titles.
Also, I'm sure most are aware of it already but, when playing Final Fantasy 4 for the WonderSwan, the base sound was weird. Sounds like it just keeps on playing quietly.

e[mulator] for PSP 0.81 fix2

Fixed several problems that existed with 0.81fix1. As far as WonderSwan, I feel like it's just about reached a completely problem free level. I wonder if the unimplementation of time related processing is a problem...
Well, until next time.

These are the problems that were pointed out, I might've omitted some of the fixes.

Unfixed Items
(*) It looks as though, after switching games, etc.., horizontally flipped sprites aren't displayed. ---- Says a report I received, but I'm putting it to the side as I the source of the problem can't be confirmed.

(*)Can't use zip compressed FDS files as well as Disk System BIOS. Currently thought to be unsupported.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently supported hardware
(1) PC Engine+Super Graphix+CDROM2 (not mature)
(2) Wonderswan
(3) Famicon (Using modified NesterJ for PSP source)
(4) Gameboy (Using modified RIN source)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Items fixed in 0.81 fix2

(1) WS:

Sound related problems
Fixed a problem in FF1, etc... where a portion of the sound effects weren't output
Fixed a problem in Terahz2 where sound wasn't being output
Fixed a problem where the sound would just keep continually playing in Uzumaki
(2) WS: Fixed the strange display of font characters in Front Mission
(2) WS: Fixed a problem where sprites wouldn't be displayed correctly in With You
(4) GB: Fixed a problem with SGB not working

(A) Fixed menu refresh
(B) Fixed framerate processing
There's room for improvemnt

ste
July 24th, 2006, 08:15
I use the 80 beta 5 version of this emu and it's great. There's a full screen option, it loads CD's (via toc file) and runs at 60fps. It's perfect!

The PC Engine was (and still is now on PSP!) a superb machine. I've got no problems with this emu at all, but don't use the 'fix' versions.

mungrin
July 24th, 2006, 08:28
thx im playing all my favorite games in fullscreen now thx.There are still many roms that dont work though.I cant get Air Zonk to work and there are others.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 24th, 2006, 08:53

They already is a decent pc engine emu out ive been using it for months now.All games ive run are perfect like bc kid gunhead ect.This was a great console never released in europe imo its GREATLY overlooked by many devs nice to see someone spending time to incorperate it in a emu pack.

geise69
July 24th, 2006, 12:32
Unfortunately, there aren't any CD emulators for the mac :

There is one for the mac. It's called Magic Engine! It's the most polished PC-Engine emu out there. http://www.magicengine.com/uk_index.html

nattog
July 24th, 2006, 14:15
i just wanted to throw out how much i love the TG-16 and this emulator for doing such a good job at emulating it. looking forward to save states though and any other improvements to make TG emulators just as good as the other mainstream emus

b8a
July 25th, 2006, 09:53
There is one for the mac. It's called Magic Engine! Ha Ha Ha! Yeah, I know about that, but since it's a shady pay-for-play emulator, it's not really an option as far as I'm concerned. I didn't bother mentioning it since the overwhelming majority of emulators are free to use, so when you have to pay for one, it falls into a seperate category. I'm poor and I don't have much free time, so they WAY overestimated the commercial value of this to me. If it were a "please donate" project, then I would deffinately put them on my list to donate to, but they have no grounds to demand payment. I've already beaten all of my purchased-long-time-ago TGCD/SCD games, and I like to pull them out every once in a while, but if I'm going to plunk down money, it's going to be for one of the many current games that I've never even played yet. I've heard nothing but good things about this emulator and I applaud them for their work and efforts, but it's one of the biggest farces I've heard about since I first started using emulators.

compoman386
July 25th, 2006, 19:47
They already is a decent pc engine emu out ive been using it for months now.All games ive run are perfect like bc kid gunhead ect.This was a great console never released in europe imo its GREATLY overlooked by many devs nice to see someone spending time to incorperate it in a emu pack.

So what is it called + where do we get it?

Also, I have only been able to get Japanese roms to work with any pc engine emu on the psp,
How do I get the US roms to work??:confused:

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 19:49
They al work with this emulator

compoman386
July 25th, 2006, 20:02
Ummmm, no, they don't. I have tried about 10-15 jap roms that all work pretty much flawlessly, but every single US rom i have tried just displays "now loading..." but goes no further, any ideas??

NoQuarter
July 25th, 2006, 23:44
definitly a great system hopefully I can get Rondo of blood to run, haven't tried it though.Has anybody got this one to work?

b8a
July 26th, 2006, 10:25
So what is it called + where do we get it?

Also, I have only been able to get Japanese roms to work with any pc engine emu on the psp,
How do I get the US roms to work??:confused:I don't know which one he was referring to specifically, but HuCard emulation was perfected (as far as I'm concerned) months ago, so any of the older emulators should work fine. Personally, PCEP is my emulator of choice for HuCard games, I've never had a problem with it. But, ste mentioned that e[mulator] version 80 beta 5 works fine for him, so that's probably a safe bet. I've only recently been able to test large files thanks to iRshell's usb file streaming feature, so I haven't yet tested any emulators for CD/SCD compatibility, but reading posts from those that have, it looks like an older version of this (e[mulator]) does the best job of emulating them, but isn't quite perfect. The one complaint that I've read over and over again is that CD audio BGM doesn't repeat, but rather just stops once it's reached the end of the track. Outside of that, I can't think of any other major bugs having been mentioned, but it does seem like it's been mentioned that not all games are compatible.

All of these emulators are available here at DCEMU. Many of them can be found from the front page. There's also a "search" function as well (!_!) Read through the related PC Engine emulator threads.