PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2d Public Alpha 3

MasterChafed
July 24th, 2006, 14:38
Ok, long time, no update, but here it is, the new alpha for halo 2d. This one includes scrolling backgrounds! (finally). I hope u enjoy. Also, this only works with Lua Player .16 not .20. Enjoy.

note: I am only releasing this on dcemu so don't post it Qj.net

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

GeEkPiE
July 24th, 2006, 14:58
gd gd

MasterChafed
July 24th, 2006, 15:34
did u try it? if so, i hope u liked it.

Briggzy11
July 24th, 2006, 15:58
Ok, long time, no update, but here it is, the new alpha for halo 2d. This one includes scrolling backgrounds! (finally). I hope u enjoy. Also, this only works with Lua Player .16 not .20. Enjoy.

note: I am only releasing this on dcemu so don't post it Qj.net

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Masterchafed great release for us here :D thank you very much for this...

...And love the note you make us all proud :D

tophead420
July 24th, 2006, 16:01
downloading now when is done ill give you feed back oon what i think about it lol

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 16:10
Nice work gd keep it up

MasterChafed
July 24th, 2006, 16:11
thx everyone, and other sites are already stealing it. lol.

D0N
July 24th, 2006, 16:15
Nice work MasterChafed! Keep it up!

vettacossx
July 24th, 2006, 17:07
thx everyone, and other sites are already stealing it. lol.

i know exacytly what you mean bro...lol...qj.net also known as
" sure we dont mind ....we'll BRICK your psp who cares if our users/members are safe and we brick your psp with no remorse....central!.." is always stealing our releases ment for DCemu members ....i know personally i wouldnt even mod if not for you guys my awesome friends on the forums ....we truley have a family here and our DCemu moderators and wraggy and martin...all work non-stop to make DCemu the safest site to release OUR gr8 projects
(like this one!!!)
also to ensure that we keep a good DCemu name/rep. for ourselfs...unlike QJ.net......i think if people cant respect that then it really is there loss!! because qj.net DOES NOT CARE if they BRICK there psp's..they would sacrifice your psp and your soul for somthing to post!? WTF QJ.NET!!! post up bricker after bricker and wonder why peoiple like master and i hate you STEALING dcemu news!!! treat your members better!! lol

sorry to post such a rant but they ( qj.net) gets me all shadow-prophet-ish...lol...and i want to rant!! ;) gr8 job master whens the next release buddy!!

MasterChafed
July 24th, 2006, 17:19
exxaaacctly! anyway, thx man, and the next release will be when i can get A.I. done.

D0N
July 24th, 2006, 17:35
Can't wait to see the next release! :D

yaustar
July 24th, 2006, 18:54
Had a really quick look.

- When scrolling/walking left, it be nice to more of the level in front of the player (eg similar to when it moves right).
- There seems to be an excessive amount of if statements that can dissappear with table uses.

vettacossx
July 24th, 2006, 19:19
sweet bro cant wait for the A.I. it looks gr8 with the new backgrounds

one thing bro i did notice a small tiny lil sprite glitch i fixed it in my own copy here but just thought id let you know.....ok walk all the way right bro.......when you get there turn around .....walk left ...ok heres where you will see these couple lil sprite gliches ;) one you notice on the very bottom right of the charicter sprite by his foot ;) small lil gray triangle ;)
the second is also when walking left from the right side just a 4 pixel gray square under the middle of you gun ;) you can see these the best if your in front of the building ;) .......thought you would want to know about that bro ;) i just copied the sprites that move right......fliped them pasted them to the ones moving left to fix this in my copy ;) after that i ran microsoft photo edditor to make sure he was transparent again and poof back to perfect charicter sprite bro ;)

the glitch is rather tiny and i can see how you might miss a small detail like that i do it all the time and my beta testers usually tell me about it ;) lol...if you need a hand on that just let me know bro ;) im loving this it trueley is THE BEST lua idea i have seen in a while ...id just like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to masterchaffed and gizmo and guntims for giving me a reason to keep my lua player with these gr8 releases you are all a cred to the scene keep up the awesome work guys!!!

MasterChafed
July 24th, 2006, 19:50
thx man, btw i knew about the sprite thing since a while ago, but i just wanted to get this release out there fast. I will fix it later.

mr_nick666
July 24th, 2006, 22:07
Sweet release! :D Your like ZX with all the feedback too! ;) Looking forward to the AI :)

vettacossx
July 25th, 2006, 00:44
k bro:cool: just lookin out for my homie master chafed ;) cant wait to JUMP in one of those awesome lookin wart hogs ..:confused: ..just a thought maybe after you get level one finished......you could have a warthog waiting at the end of stage 1...right....then jump in it to enter stage 2:D where you drive through and shoot in the wart hog!!! and it would be pretty simple to code 2 ;) just have it like 2d sidescrolling warthog blasting aliens :) ... as far as the warthog ....just a thought man thanx for taking the time to keep us updated :)

PSPdemon
July 25th, 2006, 01:49
lol...

forgot to mention me again....have we :P

maybe i need to make you a new credits.lua file.....lol

anyway...good job on the backgrounds.... and nice to see another release :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ninja9393
July 25th, 2006, 06:49
sweet man keep up the good work:D

this one of the top 2 lua games that i always look forards to:D

pjspeedy
July 25th, 2006, 12:22
its a good game so far, well done
by the did you know that theres little white dots round the character when he walks, i was wondering if you knew that because i managed to fix the problem on my computer, if you knew that but dont know how to fix it then tell me and ill tell you how.

pjspeedy
July 25th, 2006, 12:27
woops i didnt relise some1 has already wrote about the dots. The way i fixed it was different. i just opened the sprite in paint and filled the background in red then made it transparent in photo editor and saved it.

dtothabreezy
July 25th, 2006, 20:12
looks nice yaustar you really dont like if staments do u:D

halofreak122
July 30th, 2006, 01:14
hey man.. real good job.. the vehicles mc and even the bases look sweet!!! keep up the good work.. i look forward to the AI ;)

yaustar
July 30th, 2006, 18:58
looks nice yaustar you really dont like if staments do u:D
No I dont but I just recently found out that it makes VERY little difference in scripted languages compared to compiled languages in terms of performence so the point itself is moot.

Rebl3000
September 10th, 2006, 23:12
how do u put it in ur psp/ i mean install it ?

what_tha_deuce---
October 4th, 2006, 07:53
so can u like enter the veihicles or sumfin or wat coz like wat r u supposed to do

BL4Z3D247
October 4th, 2006, 08:01
dude it's an alpha build, meaning it's a WIP...also he's remaking the game in C instead of doing it in lua so keep a look out for announcements/updates

lmtlmt
October 4th, 2006, 09:19
dont fell bad about qj stealing it, nearlt every homebrew game ever will be found on the qj site