PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast question

Sonja23
December 20th, 2004, 15:47
Hey, I understand that this is a DC emu forum but its hard to find an active DC forum so I hope you don't mind this question here...

I'm hoping to buy my boyfriend a DC lightgun for Christmas. Plan on picking up an official Sega one from eBay, and then another 'knock-off' brand one so I can play as well. Question is, which other lightgun is reliable? I'm not overly familiar with the DC, so I'm not too sure if the guns are compatible with all games. Here is a website with a few selections...
http://ps2modchip.com/dreamcast.php
Any idea which is a good buy?

I would appreciate any help VERY MUCH! Thanks in advance!

Kamjin
December 20th, 2004, 20:22
If you live in North America, then don't get the official sega light gun (japan version). It doesn't work with the american releases of the games, you'll have to get the 3rd party light guns.

Just a note, anything you try to buy online probably won't make it in time for xmas.

In general most of the lightguns are equal, both in quality, and aim. the pelican, and mad catz tend to be pretty good, but need you to up the contrast, and brightness on you TV. They'll work will all the lightgun games, with one exception silent scope which requires a special light gun.