PDA

View Full Version : CAPCOM CPS1 Emulator for PSP alpha 2 Released

wraggster
July 24th, 2006, 15:45
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/cps1psp_icon.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/)has updated his Capcom CPS1 emulator for the PSP to Alpha 2, heres the translated whats new:

It corresponded to the game of QSOUND.
Dip switch inscription of the old game was corrected.
Japanese resource the file was added. Method of using is the same as NGEPSP.

QSOUND processing is light, is. To 22050Hz perhaps it is good. Sprite of the scroll surface does not draw with [panitsushiya]. The pattern where VRAM for sprite is not enough somehow. Next becomes beta, but you think that time is required for adjustment for a while.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

aries2k4
July 24th, 2006, 16:01
Another quick update from NJ.
Alpha 1 was pretty damn good, downloading right now to try it.
Thanks NJ

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 16:03
This is awesome NJ will give us CPS1 perfection soon enough.

odino
July 24th, 2006, 16:08
Cadillacs and dinosaurs work with sound!!!

Mr. Shizzy
July 24th, 2006, 16:08
Sweet! I just downloaded beta 1 and was about to install on the PSP. And before I even got the chance, heres beta 2 lol!!! Great work - Thanks to NJ.

wraggster
July 24th, 2006, 16:10
and as usual PSP News is first with the news :)

oblivioner
July 24th, 2006, 16:31
I've heard you can load street fighter alpha even though this is cps1, is this correct and how can I do it?

aries2k4
July 24th, 2006, 16:35
Cool,
Saturday Night Slam Masters(world) works with sound.
Great job Nj

inlovewithi
July 24th, 2006, 16:55
This guy is phenomenal.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 16:58
NJ you rule man hope you never get tire and bring us every thing possible to the PSP

M-Lin
July 24th, 2006, 17:01
This is my favourite Emurator ever!

Mr. Shizzy
July 24th, 2006, 17:05
and as usual PSP News is first with the news :)

ABSOLUTLEY:D

Do any of the CPS2 roms load w/ this emu?
NJ - would it be possible to do releases of cps2
one -by- one ; each optimized specifically for each game? I think just about everyone would be doing backflips if even only Marvel-vs-Capcom were working.
Just curious if you even thought it would be possible.
Thanks again for yet another awesome emu:D

TrowaX
July 24th, 2006, 17:13
OMG Great Work hope CPS2 emulator will follow after this one :D

inlovewithi
July 24th, 2006, 17:14
Street Fighter Alpha was also made for CPS1, lower quality than the CPS2 version. It's called Street Fighter Alpha CPS Changer, something like that. It was made because CPS1 was once also a home system.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 17:35
Here is some of the games i have gotten to work with this second release and they work great with sound.:D I have added the entire rom name for reference.:cool:

1941 - Counter Attack (world)
3 Wonders
Cadillacs and Dinousaurs (world 930201)
Capcom World 2 (Japan 920611)
Captain Commando (world 911014)
Carrier Air Wing (world 901012)
Dynasty Wars
Final Fight (world)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts (world)
Knights of the Round (world 911127)
Magic Sword - Heroic Fantasy (world 900725)
Mega Man - The Power Battle (CPS1 Asia 951006)
Mega Twins (world 900619)
Mercs (world 900302)
Muscle Bomber - The Body Explosion (japan 930713)
Muscle Bomber Duo - Heat Up Warriors (japan 931206)
Muscle Bomber Duo - Ultimate Team Battle (world 931206)
Nemo (world 901130)
Pang! 3 (japan 950511)
Pnickies (japan 940608)
Quiz & Dragons (japan)
Quiz & Dragons (us 920701)
Rock Man - The Power Battle (CPS1 japan 950922)
Quiz & Dragons (us 920701)
Saturday Night Slam Masters (world 930713)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (rainbow set 1)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (world 920313)
Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting (us 921209)
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (japan 910306)
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (world 910522)
Strider (us set 1)
The King of Dragons (us 910910)
The King of Dragons (world 910711)
The Punisher (us 930422)
U.N Squadron (us)
U.S Navy (japan 901012)
Varth - Operation Thunderstorm (us 920612)
Warriors of Fate (us 921031)
Willow (us)

D0N
July 24th, 2006, 17:47
Awesome work NJ! Keep it up!

cooliscool
July 24th, 2006, 17:55
Here is some of the games i have gotten to work with this second release and they work great with sound.:D I have added the entire rom name for reference.:cool:

Awesome, thanks for that list.

Thanks to you too NJ, you're the best.

QueadlunnRau
July 24th, 2006, 17:58
OMG seriously NJ mang you are making miracles happen!!!

OMG I am soooo damn happy right now!!!

Sauron96
I'm never sure which roms to use for these things....

I have a MAME v34/35 set from the last time the MAME psp was updated...

I also have the complete MAME v84 on my laptop (I get the whole thing every few years or so when I get bored)

OR should I only use roms from the latest MAME? What are they up now 106 or so?

thx

geise69
You know what's funny is "Megaman" is the game I thought would run the slowest, but surprisingly it runs the fastest on this emulator. Pretty much fullspeed with it rearely using frameskip. It's now nice to see QSound being implemented. I just wish the damn psp screen didn't ghost so bad. It really looks bad on some games. Very nice work NJ!

Baboon
July 24th, 2006, 18:02
Streetfighter Zero (alpha?) works really well. For those that cant get it to work make sure ur rom is called 'sfzch.zip'. I didnt need to convert anything to get it to work.

This has made my day!

NJ IS A LEGEND!!!!! :)

SmashinGit
July 24th, 2006, 18:09
I came home from work expecting an update, and NJ didn't let me down, thanks a lot.

Drunken
July 24th, 2006, 18:14
haha dont plan on downloading this until it has like max FPS :D cause well i dont really like skipping frames it looks too.... yeaaaa

SmashinGit
July 24th, 2006, 18:21
Hey Drunken, try it, you'll be impressed. Baboon, thanks for the info, what an awsome release.

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 18:27
I'm never sure which roms to use for these things....

I have a MAME v34/35 set from the last time the MAME psp was updated...

I also have the complete MAME v84 on my laptop (I get the whole thing every few years or so when I get bored)

OR should I only use roms from the latest MAME? What are they up now 106 or so?

thx
I posted a list of games i got working and there all mame 1.06 if that helps but eany chould work for cps1 is prety old

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 18:29
haha dont plan on downloading this until it has like max FPS :D cause well i dont really like skipping frames it looks too.... yeaaaa
Obviously you haven't tried it just give it a go you will be surprised:p

Sauron96
July 24th, 2006, 18:33
I posted a list of games i got working and there all mame 1.06 if that helps but eany chould work for cps1 is prety old

thanks man, you are right of course that the CPS1 roms are older so it shouldn't matter. Also finding the FULL English translation in the old ALPHA 1 thread helped big time for getting to the in-game menu.

I tried Final Fight and SFII and I'm f'n impressed, he needs stop calling this ALPHA though...

...last game from my childhood to get playable full speed on the PSP - Golden Axe

01cooperl
July 24th, 2006, 18:38
I think all but one person hasn't realised its not actually an emulator!!!

Its a EMURATOR!!! :p

Plowking
July 24th, 2006, 19:06
Two words...Freakin' Genius!!!

Ghouls and Ghosts...perfect!

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 19:08
I love NJ ive i was a girl id trough mi self at him. LOL he is a great coder thats for sure.

aries2k4
July 24th, 2006, 19:24
Just tried street fighter zero and it works pretty good.
without a doubt NJ is a great coder.
thats why I would really love for him to try the cps-2. even if it was just for the smaller games and without sound. if anybody could do it, it would be NJ.
Hey who knows maybe working on this emu would give some ideas for cps2.
Lol, ya I know I´m dreaming

geise69
July 24th, 2006, 19:36
Yeah I would love to see cps2 emulation done as well. I know that there is limited ram that wouldn't allow most cps2 games to be played. However maybe someone could implement a gfx dump like the neogeo emulator does for Dreamcast and GP2X. I'm totally content on just having cps1 emulation since I grew up with it more than cps2 games. I would however love to see some AVP going on. I also wonder why capcom hasn't cashed in and made some cps2 compilation umd's. I know they are releasing that puzzle compilation that has Puzzle Fighter II on it.

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 20:10
I love NJ ive i was a girl id trough mi self at him. LOL he is a great coder thats for sure.
i think that was a little too much information there:p

but what project do you think NJ's gonna tackle next?

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 20:13
i think that was a little too much information there:p

but what project do you think NJ's gonna tackle next?
I really think his going to tackle Raine :D

Zombo
July 24th, 2006, 20:41
Amyone recommend me some good CPS1 games?

djamm
July 24th, 2006, 21:04
This emulator runs great!!!

the games are working near perfect for me -=grins=-

thanks,

fucht017
July 24th, 2006, 22:14
NJ realy is some coder...He should try a MAME emulator...Still hoping for OUTRUN and Space harrier....Scary if you think about it,but the oldies are still fun and very playable...In 10 years will we remember XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 games?...I wonder:o

shadow77
July 24th, 2006, 22:46
I think this is the best emu on PSP, next to snes9xtyl and Nesterj :)

matt2k
July 24th, 2006, 22:56
I hope NJ does try to port Raine, I've been wanting someone to port that emu for years to the Xbox as well at the PSP. "Raine" MAME's forgotten brother.

fucht017
July 24th, 2006, 23:14
There are still a lot of people who love MAME..It's still alive and kicking!!...Wouldn't mind a good running MAME....or AMIGA on my psp..:D

Sauron96
July 24th, 2006, 23:44
Streetfighter Zero (alpha?) works really well. For those that cant get it to work make sure ur rom is called 'sfzch.zip'. I didnt need to convert anything to get it to work.

This has made my day!

NJ IS A LEGEND!!!!! :)

I got the rom you refered to but I get an error:

----------------------
Checking ROM info
ROM set "sfzch"
Loading "sfzch23"
ERROR CRC32 not correct. "CPU1"
Press any button.
-----------------------

any ideas beyond telling me to try the ROM from another source?

Also couldn't this be kind of considered a very specific MAMe emu?

That's still the ultimate I want...I decently working MAME emu

jaws365
July 25th, 2006, 00:03
THANKS!!!

Wonder how far it is from here to a MAME emulator?

http://www.electricdungeon.org/NL%20images/guru01-1024.gif

oblivioner
July 25th, 2006, 00:13
I think a system 16 emulator would be great, lots of good games for that, it's not to performance heavy or demanding, also a full mame port would be great :D

emuking
July 25th, 2006, 00:39
wah can someone tell me where to get the b i o s please, or at least a hint :(

jaws365
July 25th, 2006, 00:41
youYou don´t need it, only the zipped rom-file.

QueadlunnRau
July 25th, 2006, 00:43

Stay away from my man!!! :p

emuking
July 25th, 2006, 00:45
youYou don´t need it, only the zipped rom-file.

serious

Pumped'Up
July 25th, 2006, 01:18
NJ you are godly!

geise69
July 25th, 2006, 01:42
I hope NJ does try to port Raine, I've been wanting someone to port that emu for years to the Xbox as well at the PSP. "Raine" MAME's forgotten brother.

I'm not sure if he'd want to. Raine is heavily coded in ASM code. Some people don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. That's one reason zsnes was never ported. It's asm as well Snes9x is not, so it's easier to port. I would love Raine on the psp though. I did talk to Tux who runs the actual Raine emulator. He likes the psp very much and I'm sure if he knows enough people like it he might get around to it possibly. I wouldn't hound him about it though.

aries2k4
July 25th, 2006, 03:31
I got the rom you refered to but I get an error:

----------------------
Checking ROM info
ROM set "sfzch"
Loading "sfzch23"
ERROR CRC32 not correct. "CPU1"
Press any button.
-----------------------

any ideas beyond telling me to try the ROM from another source?

Also couldn't this be kind of considered a very specific MAMe emu?

That's still the ultimate I want...I decently working MAME emu

you must not have the right rom, it should be 6.49mb;)

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 03:55
Stay away from my man!!! :p
LOL:p

migsgiz
July 25th, 2006, 04:29
Anybody Else Got This When Playing Pang3(euro)ver (credits: /2)
The Jap Ver Say (eeprom Error.)

Can Anybody Help Me With This Problem?
I Love Any Buster Bros. Games

NovaKane
July 25th, 2006, 04:42
Am I the only one to have Slam Masters lock up during tag matches or do I just have a bad rom set? Even when I let the game run during the demo, it would lock up on the tag team portion. Any way to fix this?

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 05:26
Am I the only one to have Slam Masters lock up during tag matches or do I just have a bad rom set? Even when I let the game run during the demo, it would lock up on the tag team portion. Any way to fix this?
It has to be a bad rom try another set or web site.

matt2k
July 25th, 2006, 05:49
Looking upon a translated NJ website, it says there are a few issues being worked out. Both being the aboved mentioned:

Next becomes beta, but you think that time is required for adjustment for a while.

The known bug of alpha 2
slammast (mbomber) freezes.
pang3 does not start. (As for Japanese edition correction being completed. As for Euro edition being cause unclear, not yet correction.)
varth (US version) does not start.
Correction being completed

jose1229
July 25th, 2006, 06:16
This is a very nice emulator I can play Streetfighter Hyper Fighting. I hope he can get this to work at full speed to reduce the lag. good work!:)

NovaKane
July 25th, 2006, 06:27
Looking upon a translated NJ website, it says there are a few issues being worked out. Both being the aboved mentioned:

Next becomes beta, but you think that time is required for adjustment for a while.

The known bug of alpha 2
slammast (mbomber) freezes.
pang3 does not start. (As for Japanese edition correction being completed. As for Euro edition being cause unclear, not yet correction.)
varth (US version) does not start.
Correction being completed

Cool, I thought it was just me. Can't wait for the next release.

mr_nick666
July 25th, 2006, 08:55
There are still a lot of people who love MAME..It's still alive and kicking!!...Wouldn't mind a good running MAME....or AMIGA on my psp..:D

If youre looking for an Amiga emulator for your PSP keep your eye on PSPUAE - Amiga emulation! :p

Cheers Acidburn05 - your lists save me so much time testing so I can get straight to the playing! :D

Philip James
July 25th, 2006, 14:00
Could someone please let me know which files i put where to get this emulator to work. My firmware is 2.00 and i use the eloader.

Xi0N
July 25th, 2006, 14:16
This is my question:
I like this game a lot:

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/22938/mame/Golden-Axe-The-Revenge-of-Death-Adder-US.html

- Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder -

But i cannot make it work in this emu, because is not still recognized... so, i started messing around with the files of the emu... and i found that you can make the game be recognized, editing the file "zipname.dat" and putting on it:
[zip_rom_name],[Name of the game]
Untill here is ok, but hten, it seems u have to add some hex codes in the file "rominfo.dat" to make the game work.. but i dont know what that codes are or where to get them from.....
żDoes anybody know how to do to add your custom roms and make them work with this wonderful emu?

Thanks a lot ;)

Xi0N
July 25th, 2006, 14:46
Anybody Else Got This When Playing Pang3(euro)ver (credits: /2)
The Jap Ver Say (eeprom Error.)

Can Anybody Help Me With This Problem?
I Love Any Buster Bros. Games

I get the same and the game dont work, actually, it dont make the emu to crash, but is still annoying not be able to play such great game on the psp :(

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 25th, 2006, 15:30
THANKS!!!

Wonder how far it is from here to a MAME emulator?

http://www.electricdungeon.org/NL%20images/guru01-1024.gif
Not to far we can hope if both these great emus could be combined it would be awsome.Surley a great coder like NJ could do a mame port using his emulator skills ????.:cool:

md2
July 25th, 2006, 15:33
the ghouls rom works in mame4all (i copied it there by mistake)...

is this true with all of them..? i mean are the roms from this and mame4all interchangeable, or was this a fluke..?

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 15:40
the ghouls rom works in mame4all (i copied it there by mistake)...

is this true with all of them..? i mean are the roms from this and mame4all interchangeable, or was this a fluke..?
Mame4all has over 10 cps1 games working for it thats the reason why they worked for you. But only cps1 Roms will work with the CPS1 emulator not all the rest from Mame.

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 15:40
I get the same and the game dont work, actually, it dont make the emu to crash, but is still annoying not be able to play such great game on the psp :(
Try the japanes version it works perfect for me.

ste
July 25th, 2006, 18:49
Hey, beta 1 is out! Check the website. Don't know what's new though...

Xi0N
July 25th, 2006, 18:51
(Crossing fingers) :rolleyes: hope more compatibility with more roms.. and an option to load another rom when u are already running one!!!!!!

M-Lin
July 25th, 2006, 18:59
Try the japanes version it works perfect for me.

I get the same error: EEProm Error.

Jap and Euro - 3 different sources so far - you got lucky :p

on another subject...
Sf2 Hyper Fighting is the fastest sf2 I've tested
Sf2 Turbo Hyper Fighting has the best sound and second best speed of the sf2 roms

and is it normal that in sf2 champ ed (rainbow set1) your enemy changes during a battle?? It happens every time I play and once my opponent chnged twice, from chun-li to guile to ryu :confused: :D :confused:

**EDIT** oh well I'll try the new one too!!

M-Lin
July 25th, 2006, 19:18
Beta 1 - stunning

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 19:22
I get the same error: EEProm Error.

Jap and Euro - 3 different sources so far - you got lucky :p

on another subject...
Sf2 Hyper Fighting is the fastest sf2 I've tested
Sf2 Turbo Hyper Fighting has the best sound and second best speed of the sf2 roms

and is it normal that in sf2 champ ed (rainbow set1) your enemy changes during a battle?? It happens every time I play and once my opponent chnged twice, from chun-li to guile to ryu :confused: :D :confused:

**EDIT** oh well I'll try the new one too!!
No its not normall its the rom set. It happend to me also att first then i checked another. But remember this version is the one where a lot of the fire balls and things of that nature are imitated with other carecters moves. Thats why its called the rainbow version. But charecters chouldnt change. One more thing you might want to try the top 3 rom sites in the net.:cool:

M-Lin
July 25th, 2006, 20:39
No its not normall its the rom set. It happend to me also att first then i checked another. But remember this version is the one where a lot of the fire balls and things of that nature are imitated with other carecters moves. Thats why its called the rainbow version. But charecters chouldnt change. One more thing you might want to try the top 3 rom sites in the net.:cool:

On the new beta I got pang 3 working - perfect emulation - I then put The Punisher on and since then I haven't put my psp down...

NJ WORK ON AN EMU THAT WILL GET BUBBLE BOBBLE AND IT'S SEQUELS WORKING WELL AND I'LL PAY YOU!!!

Baboon
July 25th, 2006, 21:32
NJ WORK ON AN EMU THAT WILL GET BUBBLE BOBBLE AND IT'S SEQUELS WORKING WELL AND I'LL PAY YOU!!!

...I second that! :D