PDA

View Full Version : UK Charts: Cars ride into top spot

wraggster
July 25th, 2006, 14:59
News via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=143302)

As Tuesday rears its ugly head and laughs mockingly in that 'I'm not quite a Monday but I'll be damned if I'm going to give you the satisfaction of being midway through the working week' way, we delve into our bag of heaving regularity and thrust, with vigour, this week's Chart Track all format full-price Top 20 in your general direction.

Proving, as if proof were needed, that grandmas should stick to their wild orgies of wrinkled shunting and bingo, instead of venturing into their local game emporium, ready to shaft a huge fist of rebellion up the gaming charts, THQ's Pixar movie tie-in Cars screeches into pole position from last week's number thirteen - remember kids: talking cars aren't cool and your friends will steal your pocket money if they find out what you've bought.

At two this week, Mario demonstrates that even bonafide videogame legends need a break sometimes, with a distinct lack of movement at number two. Three sees Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow sail up from number seven, while more timbers a-shiver and decks a-swab at four with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Down to five from last week's top spot, Prey more than lives up to its name, despite the general embarrassment of slumping down the food chain beneath a vacuous CGI truck, and there's more tempestuous descent from five to six for FIFA World Cup Germany 2006, while seven sees a tumble from four for Ubisoft's Over the Hedge.

As the rest of the charts sinks into the mulch of despair, Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II slides from six to eight, Tomb Raider: Legend drops one to nine and Hitman: Blood Money proves equally fallible, slipping one to ten.

Of course, there's another ten positions to get through but, as general apathy threatens to engulf our enthusiasm completely, you'll have to cast your eyes below for the rest of this week's charts. Below that, there's a heaving bevvy of fun for PC gamers too, so scroll - scroll like your index finger is malfunctioning.

ALL FORMAT TOP 20

1 CARS
2 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS.
3 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE LEGEND OF JACK SPARROW
4 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
5 PREY
6 FIFA WORLD CUP GERMANY 2006
7 OVER THE HEDGE
8 LOTR: THE BATTLE FOR MIDDLE-EARTH II
9 TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND
10 HITMAN: BLOOD MONEY
11 ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD
12 THE SIMS 2
13 NINTENDOGS: DALMATIAN & FRIENDS
14 NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
15 FIFA STREET 2
16 CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 2006
17 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5
18 DAXTER
19 FIFA 06
20 BLACK

Video_freak
July 25th, 2006, 15:06
New Super Mario Bros. is ten times better than Cars. this shows how many 10 year olds play video games :p

MikeDX
July 25th, 2006, 15:36
Whoever bought Cars on the DS needs shooting in the head.

Whoever MADE Cars on the DS also needs shooting, in the head.

Video_freak
July 25th, 2006, 21:01
Whoever bought Cars on the DS needs shooting in the head. True

Whoever MADE Cars on the DS also needs shooting, in the head. TWICE

Cloud_35
July 25th, 2006, 21:32
"The game is not that bad" said my little sister

"I will not buy it" I said

"Waaaaaaah!" she cried

"..."

Was her birthday. We had a gamecube.

And there. I made a contribution to that top spot.

DAMN!

Video_freak
July 27th, 2006, 10:19
"The game is not that bad" said my little sister

"I will not buy it" I said

"Waaaaaaah!" she cried

"..."

Was her birthday. We had a gamecube.

And there. I made a contribution to that top spot.

DAMN!
that sux. at least return it or sell it back used to gamestop so its not a complete contribution