PDA

View Full Version : iPad pre-order is go -- will you buy one?

wraggster
March 13th, 2010, 01:11
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/03/apple-ipad-official-pre-order.jpg

After years of rumor and speculation, Apple's now taking orders for its iPad tablet. And now that cash money is involved we'll finally see if Apple has a success on its hands by filling the void between smartphones and netbooks/laptops -- something Microsoft and its hoard of vendors just haven't been able to muster. Today's order is delivered on April 3rd (in the US) for free and orders are limited to two per customer. But rather than wait for analysts and Apple's financial reports to tell the tale, let's get a jump on things with an informal poll: are you ordering the iPad?

Did you order the iPad?
Yes, I'm just like that.
Not yet, I want to see what OS 4.0 will offer first.
No, I'm waiting for HP's Slate or some other Win7 device.
No, I'm holding out for a Chrome OS tablet.
What's an iPad?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/12/ipad-pre-order-is-go-will-you-buy-one/

Emulation_Chief
March 13th, 2010, 04:07
Hello:

I will stick for now with the answer "Not yet, I want to see what OS 4.0 will offer first".

As an iPhone owner, I saw no real difference between this small computer and the smartphone. Doesn't even come with a camera or a better Web browsing experience.

Until Apple really creates an experience beyond the iPhone/iTouch with the iPad, I believe serious owners of the portable device will not get one of the big brother version. At least until the must needed changes comes out (Hey! what happen to Flash on Safari or a double camera that can shoot high quality video on both ends?)

symbal
March 13th, 2010, 15:53
Well if i voluntarily go in for a full frontal labotamy and have a screwdriver jammed into the cerebral cortex to completely kill all rational thought i might just consider it, untill then i'll stick with devices that do all the basic stuff i need and are reasonable value for money.