PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Fans Are Far Too Sensitive About The Xbox 360

wraggster
March 13th, 2010, 10:41
At the big Final Fantasy XIII launch at the HMV store in London, fans show their disapproval of the prospect of winning a free Xbox 360 bundle. Really guys?

Gary from The Koalition was on hand at the big London Final Fantasy launch, where hardcore Final Fantasy fans nearly booed presenter Alex Zane off the stage as he announced a prize that, in my opinion at least, anyone would be happy to receive.

Is a multi-platform Final Fantasy really that bad?

I mean hell, Square Enix has been working on the game for what, five years? When you put that much time, effort, and money into one game, you have every right to release it on as many platforms as humanly possible. I suppose you have the right to boo the company's decision, but treating it as some sort of betrayal is just silly.

http://kotaku.com/5492071/final-fantasy-fans-are-far-too-sensitive-about-the-xbox-360

symbal
March 13th, 2010, 16:28
It's not like a spy becoming a double agent for another country here, the fact is fanboyism is completely pointless because the dirty little secret here is it is simply just a game and a console and blindly following 1 brand is well.. pathetic.

Justise
March 13th, 2010, 18:40
After VII, Final Fantasy is and always was a playstation game. The only things Nintendo gets are spin-offs, and Microsoft manage to get a port of the game by $$.

It is no surprise that the core FF fans are also Playstation fans.

symbal
March 13th, 2010, 18:58
Well by my reckoning Final Fantasy has never been brand loyal because it's always moved around to the console that's best for the game, Nintendo was best because Nes and Snes was the best place for Rpg's and platformers, then Playstation had the disk capacity and userbase for it, Nintendo's best for the smaller FF offshoots now and 360 has the most users in the west, if Apple does a console there's a chance it'll end up there too.