PDA

View Full Version : CAPCOM CPS1 Emulator for PSP beta 1

wraggster
July 25th, 2006, 19:52
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/cps1psp_icon.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/)has updated his Capcom CPS1 emulator for the PSP to Beta 1, heres the translated whats new:

beta 1

< Bug correction > slammast (mbomber) correcting the bug which has been frozen.
slammast (mbomber) the button of Key Configuration only two correcting the bug which is not indicated.
Portion of sprite is not indicated with such as punisher correcting the bug where.
pang3 (Euro/Japan) correcting the bug which cannot be started with EEPROM error.
varth (US) correcting the bug which cannot be started.
Correcting the bug whose early button setting is strange with [kuizugemu].

< It tried not to be able to start the game which becomes operational failure with additional modification > MAME.
The fact that it becomes the object is the following four: Turning the picture, it tried to be able to indicate the game of kodb, sf2m1, sf2m2 and the sf2m3 vertical picture.
Only the corresponding game the item of Rotate Screen is added by Game Configuration, initial value has become Yes. Because the picture resolution of PSP is not enough, considerably the picture becomes small, but please be patient.
Furthermore, originally in order the monitor to play, in vertical ranging former side it is the picture where the picture which faces is correct. When we would like to reset to this picture, please designate Rotate Screen as No.
It tried to do the picture flip emulation of CPS. It becomes effective to the case where item of specification is modified with setting the Dip Switch, but it is not necessary usually to operate.
When indicatory direction of the picture is modified, in combination with the input button to direction, it tried to modify automatically..

Yep the translation is rubbish, with any luck someone will do a better job and insert that later :p

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xiringu
July 25th, 2006, 19:58
I'll try it right now... :)

Video_freak
July 25th, 2006, 19:58
nice! were getting updates like twice a day now! :eek:

oblivioner
July 25th, 2006, 20:07
Awesome, NJ, I just can't wait to see what will he be next with when he's done with CPS1 (I suppose he will get it at fully playable with save/ load and better sound in about two weeks if he keeps pulling updates like this)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 25th, 2006, 20:18
man this guy is turning out to be a fkin legend.THXS !!! i think i spk for everyone.

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 20:20
Crap man his good.

delt31
July 25th, 2006, 20:20
does SF2 play faster (smoother) at all with this new update????

i'm hoping so - it is slightly sluggish as of now

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 25th, 2006, 20:28

Early days yet if it progreses at the speed of his neo geo emu it wont take long.:)

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 20:42
Ok rolling back to alpha 2 half of the games dont play at all that played in alpha 2 cant see the improvement

Drem
July 25th, 2006, 20:44
Tested this few hours (i'm watch the NJ site all days). I quite like NJ emus, he really great coder (one of my PSP scene favourite homebrew creator). But, in that version there something wrong with screen rotate function, some bugs appears when i'm try to play Varth and SF Zero after (SFZ still play in 90 degrees), furthermore i can't get control system for Varth - totally mess with it . And - some of my roms beta 1 don't recognized (fully compactible with MAME 0.106u13), previous builds work fine, so it's really strange...
(Oh god, sorry for my english, i'm not native english speaker)

Zombo
July 25th, 2006, 20:44
He really needs to enable sound for some of the Metal Slug games on his Neo-Geo emulator.

Other than that IMO he's one of the best,and fastest updater I seen so far.

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 21:00
OK now frustration is seting in. The games i was able to play before dont play with this release. So i went back to the alpha 2 and now they dont play there eather like all the street fighter games any clue anybody.
I get this massege CRC32 not correct CPU1:(

D0N
July 25th, 2006, 21:18
Awesome work NJ! Keep it up!

aries2k4
July 25th, 2006, 21:19
OK, Iīm dlīíng right now to test it out.

Baboon
July 25th, 2006, 21:28
Everything is working fine for me... infact all the CPS1 games are running! :)

Nj ur a living legend!

ste
July 25th, 2006, 21:32
Well what do you know......go get beta 2 now!!!!

Baboon
July 25th, 2006, 21:42
FOOKIN MENTAL! ...BETA 2 IS HERE NOW!

...defo the fastest coder around! :)

aries2k4
July 25th, 2006, 21:46
Thatīs cool. Beta1 has some bugs. Still canīt play pang3(eur). varth doesnt load up anymore and 1941 loads but the rotation and controls are messed up.
Well great to see NJ isnīt asleep on the job.
GO NJ!!

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 21:57
Ok any body have a clue on to what might have happend to me. The SF games didnt work so i downloaded the same ones and now they work but there the same ones that worked before with the alpha2.
I forgot to mention im using beta 2 now

ACID
July 25th, 2006, 22:03
NJ you rule hopefully he can bles us with a mame or system 16 or raine emulator next. because beta 2 is almost perfect

delt31
July 25th, 2006, 22:17
just to confirm - is there ANY change is speed / smoothness for SF2 games???

odino
July 25th, 2006, 22:21

Select turn off for raster effects. SF2 turbo is too fast without frameskip...:)

aries2k4
July 25th, 2006, 22:29
Ok any body have a clue on to what might have happend to me. The SF games didnt work so i downloaded the same ones and now they work but there the same ones that worked before with the alpha2.
I forgot to mention im using beta 2 now

Hm, thats strange. Did you delete the cps1psp folders of alpha 2 or did you copy over them. if thats the case it might have been because of the cps1psp.ini file. not sure, i guess your ms could have corrupted the roms?
So is bete2 running better? waiting for them to host it at dcemu:)

delt31
July 25th, 2006, 22:44
Select turn off for raster effects. SF2 turbo is too fast without frameskip...:)

you mean SF2 hyper fighting right? I tried and i put it to 0 frameskip with auto frameskip NOT enabled and it was so slow. When i do auto frame it plays well but choppy here and there (when the program alters frameskip to continue a fast performance)

you really have it at 100% 0 frameskip??? what are your settings???

Apoklepz
July 25th, 2006, 22:55
Wow another update so quick? Great job!

Is the first Street Fighter game on this as well? You know the one also called Fighting Street?

odino
July 25th, 2006, 23:21
you mean SF2 hyper fighting right? I tried and i put it to 0 frameskip with auto frameskip NOT enabled and it was so slow. When i do auto frame it plays well but choppy here and there (when the program alters frameskip to continue a fast performance)

you really have it at 100% 0 frameskip??? what are your settings???

Just "Raster Effect : off". My SF2 hyper fighting run at 60 fps without frameskip.

delt31
July 25th, 2006, 23:34
Just "Raster Effect : off". My SF2 hyper fighting run at 60 fps without frameskip.

are you getting this through the new emu b/c i haven't tried

also please tell me what screen size you use and confirm that you put it on 0 frameskip with auto frame turned off right?

Baboon
July 25th, 2006, 23:35
Wow another update so quick? Great job!

Is the first Street Fighter game on this as well? You know the one also called Fighting Street?

Nope, thats not a CPS1 game. The original streetfighter 1 works fine though on mame4all. :D

jangosolo
July 25th, 2006, 23:38
Have I read the info in the first post correctly? Is there a game config? How do you get to it?

Otherwise absolutely perfect, thanks NJ

odino
July 25th, 2006, 23:54
are you getting this through the new emu b/c i haven't tried

Alpha 1-2 and beta 2

also please tell me what screen size you use and confirm that you put it on 0 frameskip with auto frame turned off right?

Any screen size:)

delt31
July 26th, 2006, 00:01
Alpha 1-2 and beta 2

Any screen size:)

anyone else confirm perfect speed??? Please leave all your settings - thanks

i can't get it to play 60. what is the name of the rom you are using?

aries2k4
July 26th, 2006, 00:17
Ya, I can confirm, running at 60fps most of the time.
I have auto frameskip enabled
frameskip at 0
sound rate at 11025hz
psp clock 333mh
using street fighter2 hyperfighting(US 920612)
using beta2

still no luck with pang(EU) and varth doesnīt load now. gives a crc error. worked with alpha2 though.
good work NJ!!

emuking
July 26th, 2006, 00:32
holy crap this is wonderful, now i know why nj is famous he updates his emus almost every other day:D

emuking
July 26th, 2006, 00:34
i was wondering what the zip folder name of final fight had to be called, because i cant get it to work
:( ,can someone help?

O-bake
July 26th, 2006, 01:35
The games i tried are fine, but i always have to completely restart the emu.
There's no menu at all.

The other NJ emus use Left or Right trigger, but i tried every combinition. Hm. that makes it somehow complicated. Even a menu with screen setup would be nice.

djamm
July 26th, 2006, 02:48
...There's no menu at all...

WRONG....hit start + select....

different then his other emus because some games use the L and R triggers...

cheers,

delt31
July 26th, 2006, 03:08
wow - it work awesome on the new beta 2 version

60fps!

SF2 is great

ACID
July 26th, 2006, 03:57
Its the best emu. I can cry. thanks NJ

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 05:15
where'd everyone get the beta 2? i've seached high and low and googled it, nothin :(

Pumped'Up
July 26th, 2006, 05:59
You can get beta 2 off NJ's official site. Check the first post in this thread and click on his name. On his site, scroll to the very bottom. Enjoy! :D

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 06:07
good looks man

NovaKane
July 26th, 2006, 06:48
What are raster effects? I turned them off for all of the SF games and it seemed to make the game run smoother.

Oh yeah, Slam Masters doesn't lock up anymore. Beta2 pwns!

This is one of the best emus ever made for the PSP. I have his NeoGeo & NeoGeoCD on my MS as well.This guy really deserves a homebrew award or something...

Baboon
July 26th, 2006, 09:31
Why isnt there a thread in the News section for Beta2 yet?

ukkevinl
July 26th, 2006, 10:17
Hi,

Whilst this works wonderfully for me with Ghouls and Ghosts, I cannot get Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting (US 921209), (World 921209) or (Japan 921209) to work.

This is exactly what it reports on trying to run the rom:

Checking ROM info...
ROM set "sf2t" (parent: sf2ce).
Loading "sf2.23"
Loading "sf2_22.bin"
Loading "sf2_21.bin"
ERROR: CRC32 not correct "CPU2"
Press any button

anyone any ideas?

cheers

Kevin

Baboon
July 26th, 2006, 10:31
Hi,

Whilst this works wonderfully for me with Ghouls and Ghosts, I cannot get Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting (US 921209), (World 921209) or (Japan 921209) to work.

Checking ROM info...
Loading "sf2.23"
Loading "sf2_22.bin"
Loading "sf2_21.bin"
Press any button

anyone any ideas?

cheers

Kevin

I havent got my psp with me so I cant confirm, but I'd say you probably just have the wrong version of the roms. It took me a while to find the correct ones... just try getting some different roms.

Cheers, from (another UK) Kevin :)

NovaKane
July 26th, 2006, 12:20
Hi,

Checking ROM info...
Loading "sf2.23"
Loading "sf2_22.bin"
Loading "sf2_21.bin"
Press any button

anyone any ideas?

cheers

Kevin

I was having the same problem before I realized you need the "parent" rom (which is Street Fighter II Championship Edition) to run Hyper Fighting. Hyper Fighting is way too fast though lol.

Baboon
July 26th, 2006, 12:35
I was having the same problem before I realized you need the "parent" rom (which is Street Fighter II Championship Edition) to run Hyper Fighting. Hyper Fighting is way too fast though lol.

I found that with Pang 3.

I have two versions 'Pang3' and 'Pang3j', If i delete either one of them it doesnt load the rom, but if i leave em both in the folder one of em works?? . :eek:

I think i might sell my capcom generation remixed disc, now that NJ had made it redundunt! lol

Vega
July 26th, 2006, 13:09
What dump of Street Fighter zero are you guys running? Street Fighter Alpha (Euro) seems to be the only zip folder with the right amount of MB... And it wont work. Any help??

Baboon
July 26th, 2006, 13:13
You want the rom called 'sfzch'.

ukkevinl
July 26th, 2006, 13:20

Ahhhh.. that works now - as you say - way to fast!

thanks for all the help

cheers

Kevin

Vega
July 26th, 2006, 13:32
You want the rom called 'sfzch'.

"ch" standing for what exactly? I can nly seem to find "sfzj" (J standing for Japan). Sorry for sounding like a noob but these mame roms confussle me.:o

Baboon
July 26th, 2006, 13:33
"ch" standing for what exactly? I can nly seem to find "sfzj" (J standing for Japan). Sorry for sounding like a noob but these mame roms confussle me.:o

PM for ya fella. :D

Vega
July 26th, 2006, 13:58
great emulator... street fighter zero plays very well. Nice work. Keep it up (if this emu could one day support cpsII this well.. i would sh*t myself)

ACID
July 26th, 2006, 14:29
great emulator... street fighter zero plays very well. Nice work. Keep it up (if this emu could one day support cpsII this well.. i would sh*t myself)
how did you get SF zero to work i though it was a mid form cps2 release:(

ACID
July 26th, 2006, 14:33
Hi,

Checking ROM info...
Loading "sf2.23"
Loading "sf2_22.bin"
Loading "sf2_21.bin"
Press any button

anyone any ideas?

cheers

Kevin
I had the same problems with beta 1 and beta 2 what i did was remove it from mi memory stick and reinstall it and then it work why i dont have a clue because i did nothing different or use any different rom